Space Mountain - Left or Right?

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Original Poster
I thought the right was WAY smoother. Maybe it has to do with the position in the car. I rode the left all the way in the back whereas I rode right in the middle. I guess the back would be rougher than any other seat.

NTI2002

I thought the right was WAY smoother. Maybe it has to do with the position in the car. I rode the left all the way in the back whereas I rode right in the middle. I guess the back would be rougher than any other seat.

that totally has to do with where you sit in the car. the back seat (my favorite spot!!) tosses you around much more. Think of it like playing a game of crack the whip.

luna99

It's miserable either way.

No difference, really. They are mirror images of each other, except for about 10 extra feet where one has to go around the other.

which side has the 10 extra feet?

and I didn't know about the "cobra roll" and "high speed loop" wow.

I go left btw. :p

CelticRose

When given the choice I usually go left, really only because Raye (Keys to the Kingdom guide) told us that most people when given an option will go right.

Strange little bit of information.

Isn't that one of the secrets at WDW always go left, since everyone else goes right! If you go left you always get in faster, get on rides quicker........

So I am always a lefty when Im there :sohappy:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
both sides hurt to ride 2 weeks ago. if i happen to go back to WDW in the next year (which im not) i probably would skip it since it is riding so terrible.

it is amazing how bad it rides and how much smoother BTM is.

Langdonj

I'm just glad there are two sides so I have an axcuse to ride twice. This is the first time I heard the always go left rule. I'll try it on my trip over Halloween.

helliker

It's one of my favorite rides! In my experience I have found the right side to be a faster and more enjoyable ride, but it could be my imagination. Of course it seems a lot of people here prefer a smoother ride while I prefer a rougher ride! But I have also heard the same thing about the Matterhorn. People say that the left side of the Matterhorn is faster than the right side.

dxwwf3

The way FastPass works here, you will pretty much go where the CM directs you to go. I prefer the right side just because it is the one I'm most familiar with.

I just hope we get a new Space Mountain soon.

FollowurDream

I'm left handed. I consider myself an independent (left-winger if you will...). I'm a "lefties rule" "left is better" person and advocate for all things left...but I must say in this case I really like the right better. Now I agree there might not be much difference...but somehow the right is IMO a better set up for me!! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom