Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy reviews

Laura

Premium Member
I don't mind spoilers, I watched the videos as soon as they came up.. I couldn't resist :lookaroun

I'm hoping the crowds will thin out by next week.. didn't get to ride HMH either :( I love the ride but I wasn't going to wait in line for an hour. I was most looking forward to the new fireworks show and at least I got to see that (and a ride on Indy and Star Tours!)

We waited in line for HM for an hour. I timed it and it was 56 minutes to get to the door, or 1 hour, 7 minutes to actually get to the doombuggy. It went by fast and I loved the ride! This was my first time at Disneyland this time of year. I think we might go back in the next couple days. I didn't fit nearly enough stuff into last night!

sponono88

We waited in line for HM for an hour. I timed it and it was 56 minutes to get to the door, or 1 hour, 7 minutes to actually get to the doombuggy. It went by fast and I loved the ride! This was my first time at Disneyland this time of year. I think we might go back in the next couple days. I didn't fit nearly enough stuff into last night!

glad you liked HMH. hoping for shorter lines on my next trip - it's one of my favorite attractions :D

A higher-quality video of the light shows is now up on youtube, though it's hard to hear the sound effects since a band was playing at the tomorrowland terrace

[youtube]aC9_lG_8ILY[/youtube]

Laura

Premium Member
I went back to Disneyland today, determined to ride Ghost Galaxy this time. I did, and it was AWESOME! I seriously loved it, and so did my 8 year old who I brought to keep me company. Waiting in the line was definitely half the fun with all the new effects.

Posted wait time was 105 minutes at 9 pm, but our actual wait time (from the time we entered the queue until we were sitting in our rocket) was 65 minutes, and the time in line flew by. For reference, last night we waited 67 minutes to ride Haunted Mansion, so this wait was actually shorter! So, even if you see a big number on the sign, get in the line anyway. The effects will keep you entertained (if it's night time), and you will definitely not wait nearly as long as the sign says.

dxwwf3

No way that would come to the Magic Kingdom. We can't allow anything remotely scary to be in the Magic Kingdom ;)

SirGoofy

Anybody who doesn't want on board audio needs to watch those videos.

Such a terrific score for a SEASONAL overlay. Sometimes I really, really hate TDO.

Laura

Premium Member
So far this has to be the best video of Ghost Galaxy, you can see a lot of the efffects and hear the new soundtrack pretty well until everyone starts sceaming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyGIoBqC8Zc

I actually made an audio recording of the ride with my iPhone and it came out a lot better than the audio in that video clip...mainly because we had no one screaming in our rocket. I know I was too in shock to scream. :lol:

Here's the link to my iPhone audio from last night:
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/294655/Space Moutain Ghost Galaxy.m4a

TP2000

Original Poster
That final "Sonar" one is all kinds of awesome and creepy.

I wish our parks tried to be "Living" places like Disneyland rather than "Tourist Museums".

:cry:

There's a Space Mountain thread over in the WDW Rumors section this weekend where people who have never been to Disneyland are using some odd justifications why they don't need on-board audio, or 21st century technology, or slick showmanship, and why the circa-1975 Space Mountain is just fine with them for all eternity. :confused:

You would think the original park (Disneyland) would have the most vocal fans who want to cling to decades old ideas and concepts, and the newer park (WDW) would have the most progressive fans. But it's apparently the exact opposite right now, and that's very odd.

Laura

Premium Member
There's a Space Mountain thread over in the WDW Rumors section this weekend where people who have never been to Disneyland are using some odd justifications why they don't need on-board audio, or 21st century technology, or slick showmanship, and why the circa-1975 Space Mountain is just fine with them for all eternity. :confused:

You would think the original park (Disneyland) would have the most vocal fans who want to cling to decades old ideas and concepts, and the newer park (WDW) would have the most progressive fans. But it's apparently the exact opposite right now, and that's very odd.

I always thought Space Mountain in WDW was the greatest ride ever...until I moved to California. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom