News Space Mountain exit being worked on

Biff215

This is pretty wild. Definitely looks like it’s going to be a while, and that this wasn’t a last minute thing based on what went into it. That’s quite a hike, and then you end up outside of TL. Hopefully they’re tearing out the old speed ramp and finally replacing it. It seems to be stationary almost as often as it is moving.

cjkeating

This is pretty wild. Definitely looks like it’s going to be a while, and that this wasn’t a last minute thing based on what went into it. That’s quite a hike, and then you end up outside of TL. Hopefully they’re tearing out the old speed ramp and finally replacing it. It seems to be stationary almost as often as it is moving.

I must be lucky as out of 20 rides over 4 trips I've never seen the ramp stationary on Space Mountain.

Peoplemover seems to be the one that is always off.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I worked and lived there for 8 months last year. Rode once a week, maybe once every other week. I never saw it out once. Pretty much every aspect of the ride itself I saw out at some point. But the exit ramp never had issues

Biff215

I must be lucky as out of 20 rides over 4 trips I've never seen the ramp stationary on Space Mountain.

Peoplemover seems to be the one that is always off.
I worked and lived there for 8 months last year. Rode once a week, maybe once every other week. I never saw it out once. Pretty much every aspect of the ride itself I saw out at some point. But the exit ramp never had issues
Maybe just bad luck that I’ve had then. I’ve gone twice a year for a while and have walked the ramp several times. You don’t forget that trek, especially with kids. Definitely agree that the PM is the bigger offender though.

Has this ever happened at SM before? Having guests cross the tracks seems like an extreme step. Pretty sure postshow work could be done with the ramp running, so that does seem to be the culprit.

peter11435

Maybe just bad luck that I’ve had then. I’ve gone twice a year for a while and have walked the ramp several times. You don’t forget that trek, especially with kids. Definitely agree that the PM is the bigger offender though.

Has this ever happened at SM before? Having guests cross the tracks seems like an extreme step. Pretty sure postshow work could be done with the ramp running, so that does seem to be the culprit.
When the ramp is off it usually has nothing to do with the ramp itself. Generally it’s because a guests (usually small child) hits the stop. The ramp needs to be completely clear before being restarted at that point so generally it gets put off.

montyz81

This is interesting. I thought I heard something about the speedramp being put back to it's original show sets without the sponsor. Didn't there used to be scenes where the selfie videos are now? I went in 81 and 83 and don't remember what was in there.

Bocabear

This is interesting. I thought I heard something about the speedramp being put back to it's original show sets without the sponsor. Didn't there used to be scenes where the selfie videos are now? I went in 81 and 83 and don't remember what was in there.
The "selfie Video" part was always a selfie video part...it's just that in 1975 it seemed a lot cooler... The rest of the settings were all designed around the home of the future with amazing new technology...Imagine having a conference call via a laptop computer device!! Shopping from home! Baby monitor cameras!! Giant Televisions! All of these things were far in the furure at that point... We caught up, but not quite the futuristic styling that was showcased here... It would be amazing to really bring it forward... Even the Horizon's show sets were futuristic enough to work here. Or they could complete the original storyline for the attraction...that you are starting on a space station and taking your rocket transport back to earth....So much they could do with this!!

montyz81

The "selfie Video" part was always a selfie video part...it's just that in 1975 it seemed a lot cooler... The rest of the settings were all designed around the home of the future with amazing new technology...Imagine having a conference call via a laptop computer device!! Shopping from home! Baby monitor cameras!! Giant Televisions! All of these things were far in the furure at that point... We caught up, but not quite the futuristic styling that was showcased here... It would be amazing to really bring it forward... Even the Horizon's show sets were futuristic enough to work here. Or they could complete the original storyline for the attraction...that you are starting on a space station and taking your rocket transport back to earth....So much they could do with this!!
I vote they just put chairs like the ones on the Axiom and then a put in a projection tunnel. You could sit like "John" with a view of the different decks of the Axiom as you exit.

Scuttle

RCA’s home of future living.. looked like a scene straight from Horizons or Spaceship earth 1.0-3.0.. that was a great exit.

Raineman

Just watched a video of the new exit-that's quite a hike to get back to Tomorrowland, and it looks like it doesn't take you too far out of the way-you end up back on the path just to the right of the TTA track. Hard to tell from the video exactly where the exit from the building is, but here is the approximate path; most of the exit path is on what looks like raised platforms with railings and construction walls bordering the path.
space mountain.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom