Space Mountain DARKER??

SammuelGuthrie

Original Poster
I rode SM twice this week and am convinced that it is darker than before (before my last ride on it a couple of months ago). Has anyone else ridden it recently and noticed it also? Maybe I just have night-blindness...:dazzle:

jmicro59

SammuelGuthrie said:
I rode SM twice this week and am convinced that it is darker than before (before my last ride on it a couple of months ago). Has anyone else ridden it recently and noticed it also? Maybe I just have night-blindness...:dazzle:

I hope this is true, in October it seemed brighter and I could see the track. One of my all time favorites rides so the darker the better. :)

goofyfan13

SammuelGuthrie said:

Rode in December and didn't notice it being any darker.

Tim G

SammuelGuthrie said:
They used an Anti-Light Device (ALD)... a renowned device, based on the same principle as Anti-Sound... :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

Lee

Adventurer
Rode it a couple weeks ago...
Just as bright...
Just as dusty...
Just as bumpy...
Just as craptacular.
:fork:
(End of venting.)

Epcot82Guy

Corrus said:
They used an Anti-Light Device (ALD)... a renowned device, based on the same principle as Anti-Sound... :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

Yeah, Corrus. They're called WALLS. ooooooooo :eek:

:lol:

And WDW's SM rocks. It does need to be darker, but a classic ride that is simply fun (and, before I hear it, I am a HUGE adrenaline junkie, so the doesn't like thrill rides argument need not apply). :sohappy: But, this war has been waged in many other threads.

DisneyWales

Brighter, Darker, who really knows......

When we were there in OCT me and My BF were arguing about how much brighter it seemed in there, he was saying that it was the same and i was sure it was brighter. There seemed to be more stars flying around and more UV lights to hit the panels on the sides. Maybe im just going crazy:veryconfu

I love SM wish Tinkerbell would come and put some pixie dust on this classic, its in terrible shape. Who knows IASW got a major rehab, pirates seems to be next on the list, maybe SM and HM will get a facelift and update (Nothing to drastic there fine as they are).

Tim G

DisneyWales said:
Planning to do all Disney Sites By 2010, Been to WDW and DLRP. Hopefully California in 2006. Tokyo in 2007, HK when they build more.:lol:
And most of all to save the huge pile of money for that...:cool: :) Tokyo is the 2nd most expensive city in the world and Osaka on 4th place... :lol:

:wave:

se8472

its not darker...or lighter for that matter.

What I usually tell guest when I am asked this question is that its your eyes. Depending on if your eyes have adjusted to darkness or not will allow you to see more and thus its darker. This is all compared to someone who comes up the FP line on a bright day and gets right on...they an't going to see a thing.

Lee

Adventurer
DisneyWales said:
I love SM wish Tinkerbell would come and put some pixie dust on this classic, its in terrible shape. Who knows IASW got a major rehab, pirates seems to be next on the list, maybe SM and HM will get a facelift and update (Nothing to drastic there fine as they are).

You win the prize!:sohappy: I hear that just may happen....

clarkstallings

Space Mountain is the only thrill ride at Disney I actually find truly thrilling. When you are moderately tall like me (6'2") you feel very vulnerable and exposed in those tiny rockets whereas you are practically cradled in the limos on Rockin' Roller Coaster. I hope Space Mountain remains the way it is with just minor upgrades and TLC.

DisneyWales

Corrus said:
And most of all to save the huge pile of money for that...:cool: :) Tokyo is the 2nd most expensive city in the world and Osaka on 4th place... :lol:

Well I cant wait to see Tokyo, love Japan, learning the Lingo (very slowly). It's funny that out of my top 5 Places in the world to visit, Disney has a Park in 4 of them, Paris just kinda happens to be close...

Space Mountain is really cool, but I really got beat up the last time I rode in the very back seat. It's definitely old school in that regard, but it was worth the pain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom