Space Mountain Dangerous?

TrentMom

I had heard a long time ago, someone put their hands up and broke their arm. Does anyone know if that is true or just one of those Disney Myths?

Trentmom

xtimMOOthyx

We always play little hands, big hands. When it is OK to put our hands up, we say "big hands!" If it looks low, we say "little hands!" Most of the time, it's little hands. It's kind of fun.

Try riding with your sunglasses on; you can't see where you're going!

Tim G

splash_mt. jr said:
no one would try to stand up on space mount anyways:lol:
Well... actually someone did a couple of years ago... hurt himself, went to court... but lost.... of course...

VickiMints

I didn't really think about how low the ceilings and supports were until my brother sat in front of me and put his hands up in the tunnels. Now, I'm all for keeping parts inside the vehicle at all times, and if someone else feels like breaking something on a beam that can be his deal, but I didn't want him slapping me without turning around!

btb6mm

I wonder how much paint and time it takes to cover up all the blood on the supports with all these people getting decapitated and loosing fingers, hands, and arms on this dangerous ride.:hammer:

I've never felt in danger on it, and I ride it god kows how times when I'm in the park :D and I can't remember any recent injurys that have occured because of how tight the ride actually is. I have never rode it with the lights on but I would like to some day

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So does anyone know what the actual clearances are on Space Mountain? I know during the testing phase of most coasters a train is pulled through with templates around them to insure proper clearance when people have their hands up etc. Is this not the case with Space Mountain?

I have always felt inclined to keep my hands in on Space Mountain because it did seem so tight. I assumed it was me just being paranoid but then again I like my appendages attached far more than holding my arms up on a roller coaster so I play it on the safe side.

yeti

Goofybynature said:
I have never rode it with the lights on but I would like to some day
When Space Mountain had it's lights on, i just had to be on the TTA. I still got to see it, but unfortunately didn't get to ride it. :(

BTW when u touch the top of the tunnel (which i never did because of all those percautions to "remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the vehicle at all times") does it hurt because the light is hot or something?

Lee

Adventurer
Master Yoda said:
So does anyone know what the actual clearances are on Space Mountain?

I don't know the exact numbers, but I've personally seen Shaq ride it. So...I think most of us here would be safe.:lol:

PS - As I have to add to any Space Mountain thread.......GUT THAT CREAKY OLD PILE OF METAL!:cool:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Lee said:
I don't know the exact numbers, but I've personally seen Shaq ride it. So...I think most of us here would be safe.:lol:
Man I can't imagine that. I am 5'9" and about 180 and it is a pretty tight fit.

Lee said:
PS - As I have to add to any Space Mountain thread.......GUT THAT CREAKY OLD PILE OF METAL!:cool:
I second that. I keep hoping to see the walls go up every trip but it just never happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom