Space Mountain Dangerous?

Siege898

Original Poster
I rode Space Mountain twice yesterday, and noticed that when I put my hands up in the "launch" tube and in the "landing" tube, I was easily able to touch to the top of the tubes. The "landing" tube is much smaller, and much easier to hit. Why are these so small and has Disney ever had problems with these becuase of their size?

M:SpilotISTC12

I dont think so. When I saw the title I thought you were talking about the track. I dont think SM has had a problem with someone of the "low" celings.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
LudwigVonDrake said:
I've never heard of a problem with the tunnels..

Of course, there's the people who were decapacitated during the ride :lookaroun
i was one of those....... luckily, i had some dental floss and duct tape

applelific

I was there yesterday as well and noticed the same issue it hurts when your fingers hit the tube....im going to keep my hands down from know on....

brertigger

It is even scarier when you ride with the lights on. You realize just how close the beams are.

It was funny, one time a friend asked me if I thought it was a good idea to put your hands up on the ride. I said no, you could touch the ceiling in a few spots. I had just finished telling them I really wish they could see just how low some spots are when the ride breaks down and the lights come on. Not long after, we rode with the lights on. Talk about amazing timing!

THECARISMINE

I Know All To Well Lol Last Year After The Little Drop In The Middle Of The Ride When We Went Down The Drop I Smacked My Fingers On One Of The Track Sapports At Least I Think It Was A Sopport In Any Case I Hit It On Something And It Like Really Hurt Lol My Fingers Where Like Numb I Was Just Happy That The Ride Isn't That Fast Lol I Don't Put My Hands Up On Anthing Anymore I Learned My Lesson

alya922

I'm always afraid I'm going to hit my head or my arms if they're raised, which of course I know is stupid because why would Disney make a ride where I could lose body parts with such a simple movement. Yet I still think of it whenever I go on SM. What's even sadder is that out of everyone, I'm sure I'm in the least danger of this happening considering I'm only 5' tall! :lookaroun and yes, I'm an adult; this is as tall as she gets :lol:

Teenchy

THECARISMINE said:
I Know All To Well Lol Last Year After The Little Drop In The Middle Of The Ride When We Went Down The Drop I Smacked My Fingers On One Of The Track Sapports At Least I Think It Was A Sopport In Any Case I Hit It On Something And It Like Really Hurt Lol My Fingers Where Like Numb I Was Just Happy That The Ride Isn't That Fast Lol I Don't Put My Hands Up On Anthing Anymore I Learned My Lesson

Are your hands still numb and thats why you cant feel the CAPS button your hitting as you type each word.:lookaroun

Just Kidding, Dont Take It Personal You Know What I Mean.:D

MKCP 1985

hokielutz said:
So that means someone had, "turned you into a newt?"

:lol:
. . . right after they cut me head clean off! :lol:

And as for the post from The Carismine, when you type your post in all caps, the forum automatically converts it so that only the first letter of each word is capitalized. Teenchy, that's why the post looks like it does. :wave:

Skippy

When I put my hands up and touched the top of the tunnel it shocked me... bad tunnel.

..So naturally I did it again at the end of the ride.

metscool

What you don't follow the rules. Did you know they watch everything? Right. They probly have your picture of what you look like everywhere in the place. Saying "Don't let this person ride this ride"

Tim G

SkipKid said:
When I put my hands up and touched the top of the tunnel it shocked me... bad tunnel.
:rolleyes:
Wrong... Bad guest... the kind of guest who doesn't read the warning signs... and if something happens that same guest would then accuse the Company of neglect... :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom