SPACE Developing

WDW Imagineer

Just a thought...

Doesnt disney usually have like a completion celebration when a ride is complete, not only when they finish the exterior. Something to think about.:animwink:

RobFL

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The lighting was actually during midday, the swoosh effect is a night or day thing, pretty nifty. The other lights were on as well, for effect, in the main plaza around Earth and the entrance.

The "Flight TRaining" sign is between Earth and the doors, the and white tarped things in the old photos in the doorway were the "Stand-Bay" "Single Riders" and "Fat Pass" enrance signs like for every other attaction - but here they fit neatly inside the door frame thingy in the big red ball.

-Rob

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
I can't wait to go down in December and take many (and I mean many) pictures of the outside of the Mission: Space attraction!

Nice attempt Rob!!

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
I can't wait to go down in December and take many (and I mean many) pictures of the outside of the Mission: Space attraction!

Nice attempt Rob!!

I don't think you will just be taking pictures of the outside by then. Those Imagineers were soluting themselves on a job well-done, so the attraction is completed; expect the construction walls to come down in the next couple weeks and if the ride is not open, the gift shop and displays certainly will be--I would guess by Labor Day. You don't turn on the lighting effects for a new attraction months before it opens:) That only teases guests and it is precisely why Disney built the outside so slowly--so it would finish with the inside. It is also why there has been the mad dash to finish the outside of late; the inside is ahead of schedule. Finally, I predict this is why four of Epcot's World Showcase pavillions are getting rehabbed at the same time; so that everything looks nice by the time this ride officially opens, I would think by Thanksgiving with soft openings by Halloween. Pretty kewl:)

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by DogsRule!

I don't think you will just be taking pictures of the outside by then. Those Imagineers were soluting themselves on a job well-done, so the attraction is completed; expect the construction walls to come down in the next couple weeks and if the ride is not open, the gift shop and displays certainly will be--I would guess by Labor Day. You don't turn on the lighting effects for a new attraction months before it opens:) That only teases guests and it is precisely why Disney built the outside so slowly--so it would finish with the inside. It is also why there has been the mad dash to finish the outside of late; the inside is ahead of schedule. Finally, I predict this is why four of Epcot's World Showcase pavillions are getting rehabbed at the same time; so that everything looks nice by the time this ride officially opens, I would think by Thanksgiving with soft openings by Halloween. Pretty kewl:)

:eek: wow, although that seems like pushing it a bit, that would be awesome if they did that! I heard that it wouldn't open till like March of next year, but if it is done already, they must be way ahead of schedule.

Andy

Trust me guys, Mission: SPACE is far from finished! There is LOADS more to go on inside, and out, they do the outsides first so that the guests have something plesant to look at and something which will generate conversation, like here. They will not be opening anything near space til it is all finished. Merchandise and stuff will start flowing in the shops early next year, maybe late this year I guess. And yes, the Imagineers will have a 'wrap party' when the attraction is complete, then the cast get to ride it, lucky them! But its still a way off yet guys.

ToTBellHop

You do not finish an attraction six months before an attraction opens; Disney has NEVER done this. Five months before Rock 'n' Roller Coaster opened they were just installing the large guitar on the outside. You do not turn on outside effects that long before an attraction opens, and you certainly do not put in the official ride marquee; Disney has never done this, with any new attraction. They just did the final paint job on the outside; Disneyland received its final paint job the day it opened. What would be the point in giving a final paint job if this attraction is not to open for months? The paint would fade. That is simply not how you build an attraction, and it is precisely why work on the outside progressed so slowly, so it would not be completed before the inside. Imagineers do not have a picnic outside an attraction until it is finished--why would they solute themselves before knowing it had been a job well-done. Disney, a company that saw a poor third quarter, would pay workers overtime to make a mad dash to finish the outside before the inside? I think not. Look at Primeval Whirl--ALL of its theming went up just weeks before it opened. Then there is the Tower of Terror--opened in July 1994; I was at Disney in February 1994--wasn't even close to being finished on the outside, and yet it opened five months later. Disney does not complete the outside work on projects before the inside is very close to completion--especially going so far as to put up the space training and the Fastpass signs. They never have. We have known for several months now that this attraction was ahead of schedule--from the start people felt it would be soft opening by February, then they said Christmas of this year; I can easily see it opening further ahead of schedule, ESPECIALLY with the last announcement regarding poor attendance at the parks; Disney wants more people in the parks, which is why they would be willing to pay workers overtime to get the outside done quickly so this attraction can open. Remember that this attraction was originally designed to have one full year of testing for the ride elements; is it hard to believe that just maybe testing went without many problems explaining an early completion of the project? Anyway, I think it will open soon, and every clue points toward that conclusion--the paint job, the doors, the signs, the marquee, the elements and lighting being turned on, the work on four World Showcase nations during the summer season, the Imagineers, and the new bushes.

ToTBellHop

Um, actually, the ride system has been installed for QUITE some time. We saw the start of the four main cylinders roughly 18 months ago. If you think inside construction is only 1/4 along, I think you are on something...you give me some evidence that it's not opening soon, and I'll listen to you--so far all the evidence points toward it being finished.

ToTBellHop

If you were far enough inside the company to know what you are talking about, you would have a contract barring you from posting here. I want proof. The ride system is completely installed and we all know it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom