SPACE Developing

jmarc63

Originally posted by wbboy29
Hey everyone, I mentioned this in another thread but I thought I would mention it here too. I work at Epcot and from what I have heard, if it is true, the current construction walls will be coming down tonight, Sunday August 4th, after the park closes. But a new wall half the hieght of the current will go up so that guests can see the building more clearly. Also the new wall will be pushed back, closer to the building itself so that the old walk way from Wonders of Life to Test Track will be open once again. As I said this is just what I heard and it may not be true, but it would be awesome if it is.:D I guess I'll find out tomorrow morning when I go to work. I'll try to let y'all know if it happens or not.

sombody get us some updated pics if this is true

jmarc63

Originally posted by DogsRule!

Would Disney allow an official photo shoot of an attraction 4-6 months before it opens? Yet another of my infamous 'thoughts':)

Dogs rule
After rereading all your posts on this thread I think that if it turns out that your wrong about the opening schedual for MS it would be advisable for you to know what you do and don't know and on a personal note I dont think you know what you talking about. members that are CMs would be more inclined to know more than you do.

ocolectr

Originally posted by iluvepcot
HEY ocolectr, what is your avatar of????????

That is an interior shot of the screens at Earth Station.

Earth Station was at the exit of Spaceship Earth until they changed it to the Global Neighborhood. Guest Relations was housed there.

It was a much better use of the space IMO.

The large screens (there were 3 on each side) gave animated glimpses at the different attractions around EPCOT. There were seats where you could just sit and watch. It made for a great meeting place.

The small row of screens at the bottom of the pic were the WorldKey Information terminals. You would use these to make dining reservations and get information about EPCOT.

plpeters70

Originally posted by ocolectr
That is an interior shot of the screens at Earth Station.

That's awesome!! I LOVED Earth Station, and still miss it to this day. I remember when I was younger, my father making reservations with the video screens, and sitting and watching those great animated previews of what was in store for the rest of the day. It was a great way to get excited about the coming day at EPCOT Center! I can't believe they got rid of it - it really felt Futuristic and the World Key was so cool!!

RobFL

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Something just occured to me...

A while ago, someone had told me very directly it was going to be a pavillion, not just a ride building. So, if this is true, the pavillion itself could be opening very soon and the ride could still remain walled off until later. Just a thought.

-Rob

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by jmarc63

Dogs rule
After rereading all your posts on this thread I think that if it turns out that your wrong about the opening schedual for MS it would be advisable for you to know what you do and don't know and on a personal note I dont think you know what you talking about. members that are CMs would be more inclined to know more than you do.

I was using facts to support my arguments and we all know that Cast Members are just as in the dark as all of us. Thank you for your opinion. At least I don't have a history of posting things already said in threads to raise my postcount. Feel free to point out something in my argument not supported by known, tangible evidence. If I am wrong, fine. But you are also wrong about Cast Members knowing more about top secret projects than us. No one on this forum knows anything about the inside of the attraction, so, by definition, this entire thread is speculative. You can insult my sarcasm but do not insult my intelligence. I have seen the same pictures of this attraction as you.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Merlin0402
Have any attractions ever opened months early in the past? I don't recall any...

Usually E-Rides are either on-schedule or behind schedule...like the Tower of Terror opened a bit behind schedule. But, this is also the first attraction to have a three year construction timeframe inc. one year of testing. But...Kali River Rapids! opened a few months ahead of schedule...I rode it in February 1999--but I think they still may have held off it's official opening until April 22. Anyway, I still have a bit of faith that it'll open early;

-forever the optimist

bamboo7

Originally posted by DogsRule!

I was using facts to support my arguments and we all know that Cast Members are just as in the dark as all of us. Thank you for your opinion. At least I don't have a history of posting things already said in threads to raise my postcount. Feel free to point out something in my argument not supported by known, tangible evidence. If I am wrong, fine. But you are also wrong about Cast Members knowing more about top secret projects than us. No one on this forum knows anything about the inside of the attraction, so, by definition, this entire thread is speculative. You can insult my sarcasm but do not insult my intelligence. I have seen the same pictures of this attraction as you.

:rolleyes:
unbelievable

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by bamboo7

:rolleyes:
unbelievable

Call out: If anyone has a problem with me, have the decency to PM it to me so I can delete it and you won't have wasted anyone else's time. These do not belong in public forums (other than Chit Chat). Thank you in advance.

pheneix

>>>someone had told me very directly it was going to be a pavillion<<<

It is supposed to have a very nice post-show area with a bunch of exhibits on the scale of something you would find at Wonders of Life or World of Motion (RIP). That could be considered a "pavilion."

bamboo7

Originally posted by RobFL

A while ago, someone had told me very directly it was going to be a pavillion, not just a ride building. So, if this is true, the pavillion itself could be opening very soon and the ride could still remain walled off until later. Just a thought.

-Rob

its been a long time since i have seen the building in person, so using your judgement, do you think it is big enough to hold the Ride system, queue areas, and still have room for other things?

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by bamboo7

its been a long time since i have seen the building in person, so using your judgement, do you think it is big enough to hold the Ride system, queue areas, and still have room for other things?

If you look at the satellite pictures on this site from way back that whow the ride centrifuges under construction, it doesn't look like there is much room left in the building. But, there is about as much room as the diameter of Wonders of Life between the current construction wall and the first centrifuges...so, anything is possible, but I also don't know how big the queue line is to be.

JLW11Hi

-Rob

Mabey he just calls them all pavillions? (I know I do.. Mabey I am wrong?)

Most of the pavillions (or buildings) of Epcot have a place full of "Innoventions" type things to check out, with the exception of UoE. I think that Mission:Space would have them too, either on display after the ride (ala Test Track), or as an option in the building (like Wonders of Life). Either way, I could see them being able to open it up to the public.

RobFL

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Pavillions are areas with large spaces chock full of "other stuff to do.." besides the attraction.

Horizons was not a pavillion. The World of Motion was not a pavillion. Spaceship Earth is not a pavillion. The Universe of Energy is not a pavillion.

The only true "pavillions" are The Land and The Wonders of Life, and perhaps The Living Seas, though the old entrance system with the movie sort of made it not-to-accessible.

Post-show areas are what comprise Test Track and Spaceship Earth. You can't get to them from the front doors, though they are accessible from the exterior. Really, how many people walk in through the backdoors at SE?

What Imaginations is/was is anyone's guess. I'm thinking it's now a ride with a post-show, but was originally a pavillion.

-Rob

JLW11Hi

What Imaginations is/was is anyone's guess. I'm thinking it's now a ride with a post-show, but was originally a pavillion.

-Rob

Yeah, that's about what it is now. I think they should encourage guests to come in from the back to check out some of the stuff in an "Innoventions" fashion, for those who don't want to ride the ride.

I think they should have had a post-show/pavillion in UoE. oh well, no more thread drift.

bamboo7

The only true "pavillions" are The Land and The Wonders of Life, and perhaps The Living Seas, though the old entrance system with the movie sort of made it not-to-accessible.

-Rob

don't forget imagination. with two big attractions and several smaller things to do, i'd consider that to be a true pavillion. not as big as WOL or Land, but i'd count it

RobFL

Account Suspended
Original Poster
They've tried to figure out some way to have a post-show with more than just the Tiger Cards and signs at Energy for years. Originally, it had an entire area of Commincore dedicated to it.

Problem is, commincore is now innoventions, and Energy "dumps" 500 people every 13 minutes - the large open room at the exit has issues with clogging on normal days, imagine how a store or show area would crowd.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom