Space 220

lunchbox1175

Keep trying every day. You can also try the TP dining alerts.
Space 220 is the one reservation I couldn't get for my Feb trip, including the lounge. Is there any other way at a chance to eat there? And how does that work? Thanks.
I did this back in November, and my phone sent me four different available reservations the night before we went...i was barely able to snag on tho, as it appears a lot of people use those sites to get cancelled reservations. I was actually on the PeopleMover at like 11pm, so be prepared and flexible on your plans for your EPCOT day if you really want to go.

Tomi-Rocket

Original Poster
There's very little difference between the lounge and the restaurant from an ambiance point of view. Some (myself included) find the lounge tables better because you get a more elevated view of the restaurant and a better perspective than if you're sitting right next to the windows. And you get a choice of ordering from the lounge menu or the prix fixe. If it were me, I would have tried for the lounge reservations first.
Oh wow, thanks for that info! 🤗

Indy_UK

For the lunch Pre-fix, do you have to have a starter and main or would they be willing to change to main and desert?

Beacon Joe

There's very little difference between the lounge and the restaurant from an ambiance point of view. Some (myself included) find the lounge tables better because you get a more elevated view of the restaurant and a better perspective than if you're sitting right next to the windows. And you get a choice of ordering from the lounge menu or the prix fixe. If it were me, I would have tried for the lounge reservations first.

Thanks for the tip. That's really great to know. Do they allow under 18s to sit in the lounge area?

Sbk1234

Just dont let them catch the kids sneaking a sip. :p:p:p
The funny thing is if they don't ask for her ID, she can get away with ordering alcohol since apparently she looks old enough. She's been asked which kid was hers by parents at her high school events. She's also been hit on by people a good deal older than she is, thinking she's in her 20s. (I'm not too happy about that!)
I don't see it. I just see my little girl.

JIMINYCR

The funny thing is if they don't ask for her ID, she can get away with ordering alcohol since apparently she looks old enough. She's been asked which kid was hers by parents at her high school events. She's also been hit on by people a good deal older than she is, thinking she's in her 20s. (I'm not too happy about that!)
I don't see it. I just see my little girl.
My DS was the same. He could get served most places when he wasnt of age. Fortunately he didnt take advantage of that. DW and I both have always looked younger than our age and were carded way up into our late 20s. Now with my graying hair I dont pass for 20s but occasionally DW gets asked. Maybe the servers are being nice and looking for a better tip??? :p:p

Club Cooloholic

So a strange anomaly or maybe this happens a lot, but I came home late from seeing a movie last night, I couldn't fall asleep so I do what I do sometimes when bored and see if a Space 2020 ressie opened up(yes this is proof my Disney fandom has taken a turn for unhealthy)
Lo and behold there are several of them as well as nearly every other restaurant (no Olga's though). Of course it being the Disney website and app, both kept crashing when actually trying to make the reservations, to the point I didn't think I would ever secure one. Much later I actually got the Lounge which was what I was hoping for but kept coming up with no options. Does Disney hold open reservations and release them randomly sometimes, I would say this proves they do, or maybe they are increasing capacity at restaurants all at once and I got lucky on the night they did it in the system.

Last edited:

JusticeDisney

So a strange anomaly or maybe this happens a lot, but I came home late from seeing a movie last night, I couldn't fall asleep so I do what I do sometimes when bored and see if a Space 2020 ressie opened up(yes this is proof my Disney fandom has taken a turn for unhealthy)
Lo and behold there are several of them as well as nearly every other restaurant (no Olga's though). Of course it being the Disney website and app, both kept crashing when actually trying to make the reservations, to the point I didn't think I would ever secure one. Much later I actually got the Lounge which was what I was hoping for but kept coming up with no options. Does Disney hold open reservations and release them randomly sometimes, I would say this proves they do, or maybe they are increasing capacity at restaurants all at once and I got lucky on the night they did it in the system.
That’s so funny that you say this, because the same thing just happened to us a few nights ago. Seemingly out of nowhere, there were a whole bunch of Space 220 ressies showing, and although the site appeared to keep crashing, our ressies for the restaurant actually went through! It got me to wondering the very same thing you are now!

Club Cooloholic

That’s so funny that you say this, because the same thing just happened to us a few nights ago. Seemingly out of nowhere, there were a whole bunch of Space 220 ressies showing, and although the site appeared to keep crashing, our ressies for the restaurant actually went through! It got me to wondering the very same thing you are now!
Was probably the same night, Tuesday? I am excited, as it was really the only place I had wanted to try this upcoming trip that I hadn't been able to get.

JusticeDisney

Was probably the same night, Tuesday? I am excited, as it was really the only place I had wanted to try this upcoming trip that I hadn't been able to get.
Yes, it was Tuesday night! How funny is that?! I’m actually so glad to hear that you experienced the same thing, because I swear I have been checking my MDE account incessantly to make sure that the reservation is there, thinking that it must have been a dream that I had or something, lol! We are also very excited to try this place out! Hope you have the best time while you’re there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom