Southwest side of property Skyliner?

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
As WDW's new transportation system starts going arial I have to wonder would the Mouse consider building a Skyliner in the southwest area of the property connecting All Stars, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Coronado Springs to DAK, and perhaps even Blizzard Beach?

Looking at a Google Map view Coronado Springs may be too far to connect directly to DAK but if there was a centralized station at Blizzard Beach it could be doable. They could even possible connect to DHS crossing over World Drive (though that may be a stretch).

Thoughts?

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If I recall, @marni1971 had info there was going to be some other form of transportation going on in that area, but was not able to release info on what the plan was. It wasn't a train or gondola, but something different.
There’s a long term plan to connect east-west across the property as far as DAK. Not gondolas. It would also link DHS and some but not all other main areas in between.

As far as I know there’s no part of that plan to go as far as AKL.

KBLovedDisney

Or maybe they could make more underground tunnels with another version of the "Peoplemover" ride that would actually transport you from park to park or park to hotel, vice versa. And instead of going through a space-like tunnel like in the Tomorrowland ride, you'd be accompanied by cool windows that would give you glimpses of the center-of-the-earth plant life

I can dream.

Goofyernmost

Or maybe they could make more underground tunnels with another version of the "Peoplemover" ride that would actually transport you from park to park or park to hotel, vice versa. And instead of going through a space-like tunnel like in the Tomorrowland ride, you'd be accompanied by cool windows that would give you glimpses of the center-of-the-earth plant life

I can dream.
Underground at WDW would require a snorkel or the ability to grow gills. ;)

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
You’ve hinted a few times at plans for a new non-gondola transportation in the AK area. Water service wouldn’t be feasible. Bus already exists. Which only leaves me with a type of train: presumably light rail vs monorail.

I imagine this possibly is quite blue-sky?

A channel could be built from the lodge and connect the ponds of water in the area for boat travel.

P_Radden

DMna-MtX4AEbCUz.jpg

I still envision some sort of rail system connecting Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach and Coronado Springs to a transfer center near the canal and parking lot for Swan convention center. The canal there is wider and ideal for a new Friendship Boat dock (could be express to DHS or IG), and there is enough real estate for a mini TTC or even eventually connecting via bridge over the canal into the turn building for the Skyliner (if a station could be added to it)
118turn.png

The biggest hurdle for this system would be elevating it above the World Drive intersection as it follows along Buena Vista west.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom