Southwest Fares - November???

disney doodah

Original Poster
Any thoughts regarding when Southwest may release fares thru November? I am looking at flights from DC to Orlando right now. Airtran has the best fare at $64 each way which I would be tempted to book right now but I'm thinking that I may luck out and get a DING fare thru SW that could come in under this $$. I'd just like to have an airline to compare with other then Airtran and JetBlue.

When I called a few months ago to find out when Sept would be open they tole me the next two release dates. I am pretty sure it will be in Aug. sometime. But you can call to confirm

bigtotoro

Any thoughts regarding when Southwest may release fares thru November? I am looking at flights from DC to Orlando right now. Airtran has the best fare at $64 each way which I would be tempted to book right now but I'm thinking that I may luck out and get a DING fare thru SW that could come in under this $$. I'd just like to have an airline to compare with other then Airtran and JetBlue.
I would take the $64 and run if I could get it. We're going December 1, but Airtrans does not fly out of Houston direct to Orlando, yet.

Rob562

I don't have an answer, but keep an eye on the "Travel Tools" page on the Southwest website. A month or two before they release new dates, they'll post it at the top of that page.

-Rob

disney doodah

Original Poster
Southwest To Announce New Fares on June 26th

From Southwest's Website:

We are currently accepting air reservations through October 30, 2008. On June 26, we plan to open the schedule for purchase through January 9, 2009. This date is subject to change. Please check back frequently.

BTW....I should have snagged the $64 each way fares.....it's up to $89 now on Airtran. Oh well.....still plenty of time till November for another reduction.

bigtotoro

I'm going to have to get a little rough, here. Do you watch the news? Are you at all aware of the world oil market? Have you read any of the news stories about the impending reduction in fleets for air carriers? It's probably not going down anytime soon. Take the $89 tickets, NOW!

I posted the same question on another message board and got the answer - it's June 26 (there abouts). My mom is supposed to come down here to visit for thanksgiving (she's thinking about changing her mind) and I wanted to wait to see what SW was going to offer from PHL to MCO before telling her what to do.

Good luck!

lighteningqueen

My daughter just booked southwest this morning thru ding and she got a flight out of Austin Tx for 91 dollars and the return for 105.00 735.00 for all 3 of them. Now those fairs are booked up I guess because they are 158.00 one way and 183 back. Dallas was much higher. She is exstatic about the cheaper fares. and she got them......

leeseem

waiting for November fares to lower

I too was waiting for Southwest fares for Nov.12 thru Nov. Nov.17 from PHL to Orlando and was shocked when they came in so high! I didn't purchase yet, hoping they will offer a sale in the next month or two. I've been reading some travel websites where they mention that sometimes Southwest will drop after a few weeks, as long as it doesn't say "unavailable". The dates/times we want are still available, but almost 300pp! I was hoping for something under 200pp. Is anyone else shopping around or waiting for lower fares? It is frustrating, I thought for sure I would have my airfare booked by today!

disneydiva72

I too was waiting for Southwest fares for Nov.12 thru Nov. Nov.17 from PHL to Orlando and was shocked when they came in so high! I didn't purchase yet, hoping they will offer a sale in the next month or two. I've been reading some travel websites where they mention that sometimes Southwest will drop after a few weeks, as long as it doesn't say "unavailable". The dates/times we want are still available, but almost 300pp! I was hoping for something under 200pp. Is anyone else shopping around or waiting for lower fares? It is frustrating, I thought for sure I would have my airfare booked by today!

Last year I paid 120.00pp, this year, 400.00pp.

bigtotoro

Just as a bit of a follow up, Southwest Ding (TM) has dang (it's a word) for at least the last 5 days with Houston Hobby to Orlando MCO specials each time. Dates are up to October 29 and rates have been averaging about $89. There may yet be good deals for December to be had. I think alot of folks are going to be travelling a little less this Holiday season.

bigtotoro

Follow up, I did a little searching about this morning and found that Continental (!) was $70 cheaper than Southwest ($550/$620). I quickly decided that was a pretty good deal (it's only $30 more than we paid with SW last December) and made my move. Plus, it leaves from the better airport and we get guaranteed seats.So the moral of the story is: Do not automatically assume that Southwest has the best fares.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom