Southwest fans...come here

tatum94

Hi there. I'm a frequent Southwest flyer. I suggest you wait a while before booking your flight with Southwest. The prices generally go down a month or two before your departure date. They may be high now because they're expecting people like you to jump on the opportunity to book an early flight.

I went in December and booked my flight in November for $109 there and $121 back.

Just play around with it. Some days the prices REALLY fluctuate.

stevehousse

I am also going 11/11 and have been looking at pricing. I do have to wait a bit longer until I can purchase, however I have noticed that their prices have gone up a lot! I am from Chicago too so I remember the extremely low air fare deals they used to do. Always have had great prices for going to Orlando, but it had become more expensive...but I'll take it. It's better than spending 3-400 per person to fly down there with some of the other airlines...

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
On Thursday I was about get about 2,600 points back for each of our returning legs(3 people so almost 8,000) for our flight in June. I'm booking with points so I'm not worried about not getting points back. My friend was just more worried about coughing up that cash right now.

CheshireCat12

I book 6 months ahead if I see a really great price. Then I go back and check periodically to see if the prices drop. I find better deals the further out you are from the trip, and flights to MCO tend to book fast anyway. If the price drops, go to "change flight" and rebook at the lower rate. One thing to watch out for- if you book a Wanna Get away fare which is non-refundable, you will only receive flight credit for the difference and it will only be good until a year from the date you originally booked. So if you booked on May 20, you will have until May 20 of next year to use the flight credit, or you will lose it. Still not a bad deal.

For a November trip, you are starting to get into the holiday season so you might see flights higher because of that. You didn't mention where you are flying from though, some locations are much cheaper than others.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
image.jpg
Sitting on one of the new series 800 jets right now. Really nice.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
i was on one a few weeks ago - the seats are more narrow now. i could barely buckle the seat belt. or i could get getting bigger, lol
They are the same size as other flights. However I think on all SW plains the seats are a bit narrower at the front and rear of the plain where it tapers.

disney4life2008

Oh phew, a good thread in here.

I've been doing some googling, and trying to figure out flight prices. I've never booked airfare before, since we've always driven, but around $250 or so is what I think I should be approaching (round-trip).

About what price should I be looking for out of Chicago for travel 11/15-11/23? And about when to book?

Everything says to wait until June/July to book, and that those rates are out there about then, but it honestly makes my brain hurt. Plan a full trip all Disney? NO problem. Want me to get you there? PROBLEM.

Honestly out of Midway $250 is about the price you are looking at. It may get a few bucks cheaper but Southwest Midway prices have increased dramatically. Also, I see that many flights are now not nonstop and stop over in ATL. But you can always book at a rate you are comfortable with- then the beauty with southwest is that you can get money back in a voucher if the fare goes down by request.

disney4life2008

There are codes on the inside of the cap of coke products (and inside the cardboard box of the multi-packs of cans). My husband drinks Powerade constantly so I am always asking him to save the caps so I can enter the codes. You can sign up at www.mycokerewards.com. When I initially signed up I played an instant win game and won a $50 Southwest giftcard! I've been entering codes ever since.

Thank you for the tip on coke rewards. I just saved $20 on my southwest flight for August thanks to the 100 coke reward points :) I am avid coke drinker and probably have thrown away over 10,000 codes the last few years not realizing that I was doing. But I know now.

NYwdwfan

Thank you for the tip on coke rewards. I just saved $20 on my southwest flight for August thanks to the 100 coke reward points :) I am avid coke drinker and probably have thrown away over 10,000 codes the last few years not realizing that I was doing. But I know now.

Glad to help!! Have a great trip!!

PolynesianPrincess

When the flight prices came out on May 19 for our trip (Nov 7-16) from any airport in the New England area (Portland, Boston, Manchester, Providence) They were all well over $400! We have never paid over $300. Now, RT from Portland to Orlando is $586. I have NEVER seen prices like that EVER and we've gone early November (Veterans weekend) twice in the last 3 years. We ended up booking into Jacksonville on RR points (price was $138 compared to $293 into MCO) and are going to stay in a hotel and rent a car to drive down to Port Canaveral for our cruise... total price: $190 for 3 people. Total price to fly into Orlando, stay at the Hyatt at the airport and take the DCL bus to port: $1209 for 3 people! $340 a person cheaper! We didn't have enough points to fly into Orlando but we did for Jacksonville. It's a 2 hour ride to port but we're saving over $300 a person doing it that way. I'll take a 2 hour car ride and keep my $340, thank you very much!

Last edited:

stevehousse

Go to the Southwest website now! Huge 72 hour sale for flights! Chicago to Orlando is now $99 one way! Last week these flights were about 250-one way!!!

Most cities have this deal with flights going for as low as $49, 79, 99, 129!!!

Why o why does it have to be rent week :( I can't purchase but figure I would pass the info off to those that could! Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom