Southwest fans...come here

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
The just released the flights for Nov today and holy crap if an early Nov flight isn't a lot more than our June ones.

1. Any idea when they go "cheaper"?
2. Say I book now, when the prices drop I can call and have the "refund" the difference in the points I used correct?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If you use points, then I believe the points are refundable if you rebook at a cheaper rate. Usually you can get Wanna Get Away fares about 21 days out cheaper. However Orlando is a top destination during the winter months so those fares may not move much.

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
If you use points, then I believe the points are refundable if you rebook at a cheaper rate. Usually you can get Wanna Get Away fares about 21 days out cheaper. However Orlando is a top destination during the winter months so those fares may not move much.
So 21 days from now?

Our June flights were about $75 cheaper when I purchased from when they were 1st posted. I'm trying to figure out when the day they were posted was.

Weather_Lady

If the fare goes down after you purchase it, you can call SW and ask for the ticket to be "re-priced." You'll be issued a travel credit for the difference.

belledream

Even if you paid cash. By the way, if you are flying anywhere near Thanksgiving, those prices are not likely to move down that much.
Interesting. I'm not - early September so it was cheap enough, but I did notice they lowered the fare a few dollars. May or may not be worth the hassle this time, but this is good to know for the future. I like booking early even though I know you're supposed to snag those 'last minute deals'. But I like the reassurance. And getting the best flight times. Thanks!

If you pay with points I believe the points go back to your Rapid Rewards account. I'm almost certain I have done this before c
I did cash. But good to know for sure!

leaf44

I purchased my plane ticket (Providence, RI to Orlando) for the Wine and Dine 1/2 yesterday, and taking into account I can fly on odd days (a Wed and a Fri), I actually got a great price, $218, round trip.

I did pick the "wanna get away" price, and I know they are non-refundable, but is there some other catch I am missing? The way everyone is talking, here and in other threads, I am starting to feel like this falls in the "too good to be true" category!

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
I purchased my plane ticket (Providence, RI to Orlando) for the Wine and Dine 1/2 yesterday, and taking into account I can fly on odd days (a Wed and a Fri), I actually got a great price, $218, round trip.

I did pick the "wanna get away" price, and I know they are non-refundable, but is there some other catch I am missing? The way everyone is talking, here and in other threads, I am starting to feel like this falls in the "too good to be true" category!
That's what I'm looking for! I'm at $400!!

NYwdwfan

What are these and how do I get?

There are codes on the inside of the cap of coke products (and inside the cardboard box of the multi-packs of cans). My husband drinks Powerade constantly so I am always asking him to save the caps so I can enter the codes. You can sign up at www.mycokerewards.com. When I initially signed up I played an instant win game and won a $50 Southwest giftcard! I've been entering codes ever since.

disney4life2008

Sotuhwest prices have gotten out of hand since the merge with AirTran. I remember the year prior to the merge - I could leave from Chicago to Orlando on a wanna get away fare about $50 one way (at most I rarely saw flights over $120). November the cheapest is now $150.

disney4life2008

There are codes on the inside of the cap of coke products (and inside the cardboard box of the multi-packs of cans). My husband drinks Powerade constantly so I am always asking him to save the caps so I can enter the codes. You can sign up at www.mycokerewards.com. When I initially signed up I played an instant win game and won a $50 Southwest giftcard! I've been entering codes ever since.

I had no idea about the discount - I buy coke products in masses. I will have to check this out.

leaf44

HRHPrincessAriel, I think maybe it has to do with the days I am flying? If I look at the prices for Friday, Nov. 7th, when I originally wanted to fly, the "wanna get away" price jumps over $200 :confused: for the flight I chose on Wed. Nov. 5th.

I saw the same thing happening with Jet Blue, which flies directly from my home city, so I decided, I would rather spend the $200 on a value room and have a couple of extra days are Disney than pay extra for a flight on Friday. I'm fortunate to have the vacation days, and I'm not even getting extra park tickets. I've always wanted to explore the resorts so I'll do that with my extra time!

I don't know where you are from but Jet Blue flies directly out of Worcester, MA and they had very good prices last Wednesday when I checked. I decided to wait to see what Southwest would be, and jumped on those tickets, but I am curious to see if the Jet Blue prices will go down again this Wednesday. I have heard it is a good day of the week to buy plane tickets.

I hope you find a good deal!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom