Southwest + Ding

llrain

Original Poster
So after seeing that previous thread about the guy getting dinged for a super low fare I decided to download and install ding. Being a delta flyer I am not very familiar with Southwest and how they work. Are you guys getting these deals through this ding thing only?
When I saw that this person got tickets for 59.00 was it? I immediatley
went on and checked my dates...low and behold from hartford to mco
for 2 of us is still at a 600.00 price tag for 2 of us to fly....I guess his deal was 450 for 4 people or something....

how do u do it?

Nemo14

The $59 rates were part of a special deal they offered a couple of weeks ago. I believe I first heard of it by their e-mails, but later it was pretty well advertised on the web and even on TV.
The "ding" faes are usually quite good, but you only have a few hours to book them. If you're flexible with your travel plans, they can really work out well for you.

BRER STITCH

"DING" fares, by their very nature, can be pretty restrictive about when and where you fly.

They are used to fill up the planes and keep the company profitable, so they may only be available in limited areas for flights on very specific days/times.

I have used it in the past, but lately the flight times have been to restrictive for me.

As mentioned, they go VERY quickly, so sign up for "DING" and keep your fingers crossed. By the time you look for the rate online, it will most likely be gone.

GOOD LUCK!

:wave:

Nemo14

I just rebooked our September trip this morning. The previous Ding rate for Providence to Orlando was %59, but today it was $49! :sohappy:

BRER STITCH

DisneyFine said:
I just saw a Ding from Buffalo-Orlando for only $39! What a BARGIN!:D

REALLY??? :eek:

I live in Buffalo and all I got on this morning's "DING" was to El Paso and San Diego with so many restrictions I couldn't possibly use them if I tried!!!

The $39 Orlando ticket, though, I probably could have used!

:brick:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I booked it for the other direction... total was $103 for the round trip ticket

mkt

Premium Member
not likely... I may be in town early enough on Sunday before my flight back though :)

PigletIsMyCat

Just got Ding!ed this morning for Long Island NY to Orlando - $39 and $49 each way for the month of September. Very few restrictions on most flights. Just booked my mom 9/25 - 9/30 from ISP to MCO for a total of $107.10.

fourdrawfs

I booked our flight in april for aug, price was 1300.00 for six of us. I got a ding last week for 59.00 so I rebooked and now have over 500.00 in future credit w/swa!

DisneyFine

Sadly the DING is gone for the Buffalo-Orlando=$39, oh well theres always a surprise waiting to be shown, so keep up you good hopes:animwink:

To Orlando $:

From Toronto Pearson International Airport=Approx.$350.00

From Buffalo New York=Approx.$40-$50

We mostly drive down to the states since its only less than 2 hours. Flights are much cheaper, because Torontos airport is the most expensive airport to land in (in the world!). But my next trip in 3 days we will be leaving from Toronto:cool: Becuase of a great deal with an airline that offers you your own personal PTV's!(westjet):D

mkt

Premium Member
also, airtran to Buffalo is usually at a decent price... from ottawa and halifax, I believe Canjet has it priced out fairly well. And for those from Montreal, Jetblue flies from Burlington, VT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom