Southwest Airlines Tickets on sale for December

Katybug

Southwest usually doesn't start selling their tickets for after October 30 until August. Well I called today to find out EXACTLY when they would start selling them and they said they come out TOMORROW!!!! :sohappy: 2 months early!! Book them quick if you are going in December because almost every other airline is booked solid! Good luck!

Tinkerbella16

It is odd that they wait so long to post their schedule. A month ago I wanted to get my airfare through them but Novembers schedule wasn't up yet so I called and the girl told me it will up June 26th. I didn't want to wait. I found really cheap airfare for my mother and I so I couldn't pass it up and bought them right away. Next year we will be flying with Southwest...no more airtran or any of those other airlines that do nothing but screw things up for people. :D

Upvote 0

Katybug

Original Poster
I wouldn't mind flying with another carrier but Southwest is so dang cheap!! They are half of what all of the others are! I flew in December to Disney and everything went perfect through Southwest. Hopefully I will be just as lucky this year :lookaroun

Upvote 0
Tickets going fast!!

I just booked from Philly to MCO and got great tix $64 for the saturday after thanksgiving..however...all $64 all sold out MCO to PHL on the 7th. I'll have to hope for some cancellations as we get closer or that they maybe offer more tix....wow...they went fast !!!!

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Got our tickets a few weeks ago for dirt cheap, didn't feel like waiting for SW. I just checked for our november dates just to see if it would have been cheaper if we waited to fly with them...and my tickets are still cheaper than SW!! I am sooo happy I didn't wait for SW..

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

I can't believe how much Southwest went up to fly from Manchester, NH to MCO. I already bought our tickets on Airtran for our Christmas trip (and yes, our flight times have already been changed once :rolleyes:) for $209 each. Still, when SW opened their schedule today I wanted to check their price. The cheapest nonstop was $375 each!! :eek: That is crazy!

I will glady put up with our flight times changing on Airtran to save that much money. What is the deal with SW? :(

Upvote 0

EPCOTGAL1

I was on the phone this morning at 11:05 AM to book as the online site was still not showing that the dates opened up. While I was on the phone absorbing "sticker shock"..online dates opened. I was able to get $134 online from Manchester, NH and booked by telephone return at $287 and got youth fare which not offered online. I had vouchers so I really HAD to use SW. I had to change the dates of travel to adjust $$ I was spending as we will be there over Thanksgiving ...but "it IS what it is"....... They ALL have us one way or another...what can you do...choose not to go??...Not an option for me. SO MICKEY......HERE WE COME! :) woohoo!!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I will glady put up with our flight times changing on Airtran to save that much money.

I said the same thing earlier!! I didn't even want to look on SW website today because I was afraid that the prices were going to be much cheaper than what I paid. But that wasn't the case, bc if i did wait I would have dished out a load of money with SW. So glad I went with my gut this time with airline tickets. :sohappy:

And I got an earlier flight with no extra charge from them changing our original flight time almost 7 hours later. No complaints here!!

Upvote 0

NWDMD

I can't believe how much Southwest went up to fly from Manchester, NH to MCO. I already bought our tickets on Airtran for our Christmas trip (and yes, our flight times have already been changed once :rolleyes:) for $209 each. Still, when SW opened their schedule today I wanted to check their price. The cheapest nonstop was $375 each!! :eek: That is crazy!

I will glady put up with our flight times changing on Airtran to save that much money. What is the deal with SW? :(

WOW! I was gitty when I saw the title of Southwest tickets "on sale" for december. These are the worst prices I've ever seen from MHT to MCO. I'll probably fly out of BOS on jetblue now.

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

WOW! I was gitty when I saw the title of Southwest tickets "on sale" for december. These are the worst prices I've ever seen from MHT to MCO. I'll probably fly out of BOS on jetblue now.

I know. :(

I hope it doesn't stay this way. We can fly out of either Boston or MHT; it's the same driving distance, but we much prefer MHT.

Upvote 0

EPCOTGAL1

I know. :(

I hope it doesn't stay this way. We can fly out of either Boston or MHT; it's the same driving distance, but we much prefer MHT.
We can fly out of either too and we much prefer MHT than Logan...from what the agent told me this AM, they KNOW it is a busy travel time of year and perhaps don't feel the need to be too competitive? I'm sure it's the same in many places as travelers try to finalize their plans. Just the other morning, the news was saying.."book, book, book" NOW for your Holiday travel as prices may go up or flights will just not be available..at least I know if the prices go down, I can rebook with them.

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

I just went to farecast.com and it said to wait to buy my tickets. Ugh. I hate waiting.
Buying tickets immediately when they're released for ANY airline is a huge waste of money. They'll always charge the top price initially, and then other prices are released as they need to fill up the seats. Simple as that.

Upvote 0

MinnieLee

I booked SW in April going from Islip, Long Island, NY for $115 each going down In October and then booked yesterday coming home 11/2 for $129 each (that includes all the extra charges). At least I got a reasonable price. I'll wait for DING and see if it goes down a little more. Our advantage is we live 10 minutes from the airport so we save on gas and time.

Upvote 0

Katybug

Original Poster
I really don't think southwest will get any cheaper than $91.00 flying into MCo and 105.00 flying out (Dec 5) return (Dec 14.) From Texas

Who are you flying with? I'm going December 13-19 and a roundtrip ticket from Mississippi to Orlando is $276.00 which isn't bad but i have to pay for 2 :mad:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom