South Park Parodies Family Guy

imagineer99

So...so...good! South Park is one of the few shows that manages to be so blatantly smart, and so absurdly funny. Great message about free speech.

Oh, even though, I chuckle every once and a while with "Family Guy," you gotta admit they nailed the format of the show. Random flashback with pop-culture reference that does nothing to advance the plot. "Remember the time when I tried out for David Hasselhoff's car?" It's gold!

dxwwf3

Original Poster
imagineer99 said:
So...so...good! South Park is one of the few shows that manages to be so blatantly smart, and so absurdly funny. Great message about free speech.

Oh, even though, I chuckle every once and a while with "Family Guy," you gotta admit they nailed the format of the show. Random flashback with pop-culture reference that does nothing to advance the plot. "Remember the time when I tried out for David Hasselhoff's car?" It's gold!

Oh I completely agree. I guess I would even say that I like Family Guy better than South Park to an extent, but they absolutely nailed it. Cartman's comments were hillarious as well. I love the way they do his eyes when he's screaming "It's Wrong!"

Bucks4WDW

dxwwf3 said:
I highly doubt it. I think they are making fun of the event that happened and if they showed a drawing, it would cross the line.

Yep, Thank the Lord that showing Christ crapping on President Bush crosses no line :lookaroun

At some point, we must really examine what is humor and what is not.

imagineer99

Bucks4WDW said:
Yep, Thank the Lord that showing Christ crapping on President Bush crosses no line :lookaroun

At some point, we must really examine what is humor and what is not.

If you were at all offended by the hilarious cartoon spoof, you totally missed the point of the entire episode.

Bucks4WDW

imagineer99 said:
If you were at all offended by the hilarious cartoon spoof, you totally missed the point of the entire episode.

I will admit that I did not see the entire episode. What I did see in the middle, was I thought, very clever and funny indeed. I was a fan of the show.

I guess I draw the line at some point. I have no problem with making fun of a person, show or cirucumstance, but when you make fun of someone's religion that crosses a line.

Why couldn't John Kerry crap on Bush? Like they say, can't beat'em crap on them. . .

Just a problem I have. Back in the early 90's a local radio station here in Cincinnati, WEBN, broadcasted what they called the Fools Day Parade. It was a made up parade on April Fools Day. They had band and float descriptions, music, etc. One of the Floats had Christ nailed to the Cross saying, "I can see my House from Up Here. . .". I have not listened to WEBN for the most part since then.

If we do not draw a line somewhere and at some time, where do you suppose we will end up? Now I hear that the networks are pushing for using the S**t word and F**K during Prime time. Made their pitch on Good Friday no less. . .

imagineer99

Ahh, but that's the point--The designated "line." The episode isn't advocating the demolition of good taste. It's instead, pointing out the inherent hypocrisy that goes with such a line. In the very same episode, the creators are allowed to show American values literally "crapped" on by all kinds of iconic figures from the President to Jesus. However, the network that they brodadcast on won't even let them show a harmless and tasteful depiction of the Muslim prophet handing a football helmet to a cartoon character. There's the problem.

You see, "South Park" isn't claiming that everything is suitable to be said or shown at all times or in all outlets. It's claiming that when you try to determine what is suitable and what isn't suitable, you begin a slow and dangerous decline into dark cateogries like censorship, ignorance, and submission. It's all about acceptance, understanding the other point of view, and sometimes learning to stomach what may strike you the wrong way. To quote Kyle, "Either it's all okay or none of it is."

Last but not least, "South Park" is very obviously an equal opportunity offender. They make fun of it all from Bush to Kerry. The left to the right. Other cartoons and themselves. And, it's dang funny.

dxwwf3

Original Poster
imagineer99 said:
To quote Kyle, "Either it's all okay or none of it is."

Too bad Comedy Central didn't listen. Them censoring that show is being totally hypocritical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom