Soundsational?

DisneyTSC

Original Poster
Does anyone think there is a chance that Mickey's Soundsational Parade from Disneyland could come to Walt Disney World? It's so much better than any parade I've ever seen in WDW. It's amazing.

ToTBellHop

Well there is certainly a high probability of a new parade within the next few years. I doubt Soundsational, though. Disney doesn't usually clone parades (although they do send them around). I would guess we'll be getting a brand new parade. And it's about time...

nemofinder22

MK deserves a brand new parade built from the ground up(which does not included that horrendous mirror castle float) not another hand me down from DLR.

COProgressFan

Never seen it. What is so great about it? :shrug:

Great music, (some of it actually with live performers & percussionists), more elaborate choreography, more elaborate themed floats that aren't 25+ years old, more performers (character and non character), more energy, etc.

It just doesn't have the old, tired, "just going through the motions" feel of MK's daytime parade in its fifth incarnation (whatever its currently called).

Soundsational feels like a 21st century parade. While it is doubtful that an exact replica would come to WDW (TDO clearly doesn't want to spend that kind of cash upfront and keep that kind of payroll), a parade with similar qualities at the MK is desperately needed (and was frankly needed, about 5 to 7 years ago).

Tip Top Club

Soundsational is good, I personally really enjoy it. But it's not great. Disney is capable of doing so much more, and that's what the Magic Kingdom deserves and hopefully will see again.

TravisMT81

I just wish they would purchase Jubilation from Oriental Land Company. If you are going to have the same parade for 20 years at least make it good. Next year OLC will just destroy the floats when they debut their new debut parade for their 30th Anniversary.

FigmentJedi

I just wish they would purchase Jubilation from Oriental Land Company. If you are going to have the same parade for 20 years at least make it good. Next year OLC will just destroy the floats when they debut their new debut parade for their 30th Anniversary.

I liked the idea of getting more hand-me-downs from Japan. Like how Disneyland got some old Halloween figures a few years ago.

Ralphlaw

We saw Soundsational 3 times last August, and we were only at Disneyland for 3 1/2 days. The drumming is truly incredible, and the music in general keeps it going. The floats seem bigger and better than any other parade, and the partying "I'm here" atmosphere is truly exceptional. Check it out on YouTube, but, believe me, it's far better in person.

Yeah, we've rarely been impressed by the MK parades over the years, going back to the snowglobes. We used to love Spectromagic, but Electric Light Parade doesn't really cut it anymore either. Soundsational ranks in our top 3, with Spectromagic and the Star Wars Weekend parade rounding it out.

If a parade is supposed to bring life, a touch of "I'm here" magic, and a fair amount of "something to do and wait for" to the guests, Soundsational succeeds. The daytime MK parades since 2003 (when we first started going) don't really cut it. Honestly, I'd rather be on a ride or in the hotel pool at that time of day. Not so with Soundsational.

TravisMT81

A little birdie tell's me Disney isnt to happy with Universal's brand new entertainment offering even though they're daytime parade is recieving criticism

While I think Universal has excellent floats, the choice of characters eep! But at least they made the effort.

TP2000

Great music, (some of it actually with live performers & percussionists), more elaborate choreography, more elaborate themed floats that aren't 25+ years old, more performers (character and non character), more energy, etc.

It just doesn't have the old, tired, "just going through the motions" feel of MK's daytime parade in its fifth incarnation (whatever its currently called).

Soundsational feels like a 21st century parade.

The difference in choreography and types of performers between the average WDW parade and average Disneyland parade has come up before, and been explained by various parade CM's as essentially being a union issue.

As the explanation goes, the more elaborate choreography and stunts and musicians in Disneyland parades cost more and require specific union trades to be engaged and hired and paid at a higher rate. The WDW parades don't use these higher paid unions and/or won't require the dancers to perform the more elaborate steps that would generate the higher pay scales.

What you end up with is a WDW parade where the performers usually stick to a basic shuffle-shuffle-step-wave choreography over and over down the parade route, instead of the more active and customized choreography and stunts performed in a Disneyland parade.

Or at least that's how it's been explained online in the recent past by CM's. Whatever the case, there is clearly a difference in showmanship and performance standards between Disneyland and WDW, especially if non-profesional dancers like you and I can notice it. Something is going on, and unless an informed person can explain it someway else I have to believe it boils down to a case of TDO not wanting to pay the higher union wages for WDW parades that TDA pays for Disneyland parades. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom