Rumor Soundsational Returning to Disneyland!

BrianLo

Steve also creates the parades for Tokyo that spotlight IPs like Aristocats. It's not solely up to him which IPs are used in his projects. Execs often provide a list of required IPs or veto anything that deviates from the usual suspects.

Unrelated mostly... I figured you'd know.

What the heck does Tokyo do with their floats from their ~5 year turnover of parades? Are they repurposed, do they sit in storage, have they traditionally been farmed out to other parks?

VJ

What the heck does Tokyo do with their floats from their ~5 year turnover of parades? Are they repurposed, do they sit in storage, have they traditionally been farmed out to other parks?
(not to steal GMTM's thunder, but...) it seems to vary. certain floats from Festival of Fantasy were originally in Jubilation and i'm sure there are less-obvious examples of floats from different coasts being reused in other parades. my guess is they're either repurposed or stripped to the chassis depending on what's needed

GiveMeTheMusic

It's a great question and @vj81995 is definitely right. Some floats get repurposed at other resorts, but not all. I don't know the answer in full. They can't reuse floats from one parade to the next by stripping them down (for example, none of the floats in Dreaming Up can be from Happiness is Here) because they run the old parade right up until the new one is ready.

TTA94

It's a great question and @vj81995 is definitely right. Some floats get repurposed at other resorts, but not all. I don't know the answer in full. They can't reuse floats from one parade to the next by stripping them down (for example, none of the floats in Dreaming Up can be from Happiness is Here) because they run the old parade right up until the new one is ready.

Do you know what happened to the old Dreamlights floats they swapped out over the years?

SweetDuffy101

ITS here its back refreshed and Sprinkled with pixie dust, However The HIH should have been the first float since it had an introduction sequence on the side of the Mickey Drum float , And I wished they could have kept the rope with few characters pulling, The red side pole looked cheap to be honest, And I wished they could have added af few more performers and characters on the opening unit, it seems kinda akward especially in the opening unit You have 3 floats with only 5 drummers and 6 characters.

Californian Elitist

Not a fan of Soundsational, still just seems plain and lacking. Would like to see Disneyland get a spectacle it deserves the size of Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams or Festival of Fantasy at least.

Have you seen the parade in person? It’s a very upbeat parade with elaborate floats and performers in dramatic costumes. Not sure where the “plain” is coming from.

SuddenStorm

Not a fan of Soundsational, still just seems plain and lacking. Would like to see Disneyland get a spectacle it deserves the size of Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams or Festival of Fantasy at least.

I wouldn't say plain is a good word to use- but it does appeal primarily to young children. Personally, I've never enjoyed it.

jrhwdw

Watching the 6:00 Stream of Soundsational and it looks like it went right to Main Street from the gate, not around Town Square. Any reason for that????

VJ

Just in case anyone's detail-crazy like me: Only a couple of changes were made to the Mickey pull toy float from its days at TDL. The sparkly elements on the float were removed, the "Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse" text on the base was replaced by the Soundsational logo, the base was repainted in a striped blue color scheme that matches the base of the new cake float and the pull string hook on the front was covered up (I'm guessing for safety reasons).

Here's how it looks in Anaheim:
1548471807092.png

Here's how it looked in Japan:
1548471836587.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom