Sounds Dangerous rehab scheduled

Tinkerbell1220

I have personally always liked the sound dangerous show, sure it aint the best thing in the parks but I always find it a nice piece of fun, a little show, in my opinion theres nothing wrong with one or two of those in the parks. As for the ABC theatre well that just sucks they are doing NOTHING their except special events, that thing is huge they can do a good show their for pete sakes. As for this upcoming rehab it sounds like their closing it for the ESPN weekend thing.

twirl2378

Hey my very splendid friends :wave: ,
What were monster sound show and superstar television about? What happened in them? I went to see Sounds dangerous last time I was there. I didn't like the felling that probably over 30 people used those headphones in one day. Also I felt that I could get head lice or dandruff or something that, with a little bit of sweat and dirt mixed. :brick: :hurl: Anybody else felt like that? Or do they actually clean them. Why don't they change it to a sound system like they had in AE? :veryconfu
Just my thoughts on the show. :hammer:

Trishnh

twirl2378 said:
I didn't like the felling that probably over 30 people used those headphones in one day. Also I felt that I could get head lice or dandruff or something that, with a little bit of sweat and dirt mixed. :brick: :hurl: Anybody else felt like that? Or do they actually clean them. Why don't they change it to a sound system like they had in AE? :veryconfu
Just my thoughts on the show. :hammer:

LOL :lol: :lol: I always feel the same way!! I also get the heebie-jeebies wearing the 3-D glasses! :p :hurl: I actually saw a few people putting the glasses in their MOUTHS!! Don't they know where they have been?? On 500 sweaty faces all day?? I would hope they clean them but honestly don't think they do.

KevinPage

I like Drew Carey but never visited this attraction yet in all my visits. I don't like the idea of a "celebrity" as the focus or main advertisement of an attraction. Too trendy and kills the whole "utopian feel" of visiting a theme park. I don't want to be reminded of "reality" while going to a theme park.

Imagine if the MK has a "celebrity attraction". I know this is MGM so it better fits the theme, but I still don't care for the idea. Yet I have no problem with Millionaire. Go figure :hammer:

TVT

It's a great place to go get out of the heat and take a short nap if there is no line to get into the show. That's about all it's worth........

meanmice

my cousin is strange when it comes to germs and stuff like that. he brought those alcohol cleaning pads with him and cleaned the glasses off before using them.

as far as sd goes... i'm not a big fan. i've only seen it once and it was a sweltering day and the person i was with fell asleep while we were "watching" the show

Kadee

KevinPage said:
I like Drew Carey but never visited this attraction yet in all my visits. I don't like the idea of a "celebrity" as the focus or main advertisement of an attraction. Too trendy and kills the whole "utopian feel" of visiting a theme park. I don't want to be reminded of "reality" while going to a theme park.

Imagine if the MK has a "celebrity attraction". I know this is MGM so it better fits the theme, but I still don't care for the idea. Yet I have no problem with Millionaire. Go figure :hammer:
I agree, but I just don't like Drew Carey that much. But if they HAD to do something with him in it, I would perfer to see a "WHo's Line is it Anyway" sort of thing. THat show is hilarious!!! I have no idea how it would work, but I'm sure the imagineers could come up with something great.

SpongeScott

disneyisbest said:
With Sounds Dangerous closed for rehab where are the guests gonna go to take a nap?
Hall of Presidents
Enchanted Tiki Room (nah, benches are way too uncomfortable)
Swiss Family Treehouse--if you can sleep standing up
Journey Into Your Imagination

There's a few for ya! :wave:

netenyahoo

While it isn't the greatest attraction ever I would rather keep it and have Disney add new things elsewhere and use space available elsewhere. Later down the road they can replace it. It is a good place to sleep because it is so dark in there. I stayed awake, barely.

I'd rather they just keep SD since it is already there. I would rather they spend the money to fix up the Sony/ABC stage next door. Disney: put some kind of headliner show there please!

Ringo8n24

I miss the Monster Sound Show from the early 90's. The preshow with David Letterman, the short film with Martin Short and Chevy Chase, the people chosen out of the audience to make the sounds match the film were so funny. You could see it more than once and it would always be different because people's timing on the sounds would always be messed up. You have one guy in charge of the doorbell sound that would be in la-la land not knowing it was his turn when the doorbell got pushed in the movie. Does anybody else remember this one and like it better than Drew Carey's version?

I never minded this show, it was a nice way to get out of the crowds and heat.
My last time there was an experience. A women walked in with her 2 kids (lets say they were 9 and 5). They spoke a different language and the kids were busy asking her questions. Well there were only 2 seats open together, so the 5 year old sat with the mother, and the 9 year old ventured over to the other side of the theater to find a seat.
Well I don't think she could understand the verbal warnings of how dark the theater gets, cause as soon as the theater went jet black, the youngest child started going hysterical. I had the headphones on, but he was right in front of me, just standing and screaming. I felt something brush past my hair behind me and noticed in a brief part where there was light, that the 9 year old was over by his mother scared too. I think they both were on her lap talking the whole time. I didn't know whether to be annoyed or feel bad for the kids. Obviously, the mom did not know what she was getting them into. :hammer:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ringo - I too prefered the Monster Soundshow (and Superstar Television!!)

We don`t even know who Drew Carey is (in the UK).... why do Disney insist in using celebraties who are only known within the US?? Ellen was another example!

ogryn

The Drew Carey show was on ITV, and his [inferior] version of "Whose Line Is It Anyway" was on Channel 4 for one series.

As for Ellen, I don't remember the show on any station, but I remember it being in the papers about her coming out.

Tarbi

marni1971 said:
Ringo - I too prefered the Monster Soundshow (and Superstar Television!!)

We don`t even know who Drew Carey is (in the UK).... why do Disney insist in using celebraties who are only known within the US?? Ellen was another example!

Sorry I gotta raise a point here! I am 18 and lived in North East England all my life. I know who both celebs are, even more so with Ellen Degeneres! I love her, I own all her Ellen and The Ellen Show episodes on tape, I have her stand-up, I have her book and album. She isnt unkown to UK. I can see how Drew Carey is though. But both celebs are featured on UK TV, Ellen used to be on Channel 4, and is now on Paramount. Drew carey has two shows on E4. So its not that they are unknown.

EDIT: Just remembered, there was a Ellen Degeneres night on Channel 4 couple years ago, documentries, tv episodes etc

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom