Sounds Dangerous news

disneyisbest

The real reason that Disney is only opening this attraction seasonally is due to the large number of people in the audience that were found in a coma and had to be taken to the local hospital. :animwink:

This is Great! I hate Sounds Dangerous. I had already put it on my list of things I definetly did not want to do next trip. I even felt sorry for the CM who was running SD last trip. I know she was thinking of all the Disney attractions she could have been assigned to how did I get stuck with Sounds Dangerous.

jt04

^
I still don't understand why you guys would rather see it closed. You know darn well that, with the way things are going these days, nothing would take it's place for years. Having something there is better than nothing.

Thread drift about Backlot tour.....

Normally, I would agree that something is better than nothing, in this case I am not so sure. As long as the tour is there Disney is under no pressure to put in anything new. It is a perfect situation to cut costs but also by clearing out that area it would allow them to reconfigure backstage logistical stuff which seems like a high priority at DHS going into the future.

The backlot tour just does not provide much bang for the buck and the land could be so much better utilized to create a great theme park as opposed to a good theme park.

OK back to the SD discussion.......

cm1988

Torture

Here's a nomination for "Expo Robotics" as WDW's worst show, ever. Spinning tops; blaring music. By comparison "Sounds Dangerous" is an enlightening, rapturous experience.

deWild

Oh boy, it's not like I've ever sat through that attraction now, and I sure won't want to during peak seasons even when the attraction is pretty much dead.

DonaldD23

I was there over the weekend and I noticed that it was still there, but it didn't open for several hours after the park was already open. I knew there was something up when I saw that. They definately need to make this thing go away, it is horrible. They get rid of great things like the Timekeeper and keep this junk!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Im amazed so many people claim to have not realised that this attraction still existed, especially as there is so little to do at the Studios, other than Q for Toy Story, a 3D carny ride. wooooooooo

Disney MDACK

Never seen the show. They should use the building for something I don't know people would want to see. It just seems like a waste of space in a park that needs more quality attractions.

dreamfinder

Never seen the show. They should use the building for something I don't know people would want to see. It just seems like a waste of space in a park that needs more quality attractions.

Outta curiosity, if you have never seen the show, how do you know it's a waste of space? It may not be a stellar attraction, or even a pale imitation of the original attraction staring Chevy Chase that was in there, but at least experience it once before you write it off. Better yet, try it twice just in case you were in a bad mood, or had an annoying person sitting next to you the first time.
That being said, I do think that they could put something better in there if they tried a bit.

jt04

Yeah, but like I said...

theoretically, Disney could put something else there, and I'm sure its been highly discussed. But with all the budget cuts going, if the Backlot Tour were to close, the space would probably just sit vacant for years.

I think we are comparing apples and oranges. Long term it makes sense to me for them to remove the BT including CC and the wardrobe facility. I think it would make sense for them to add an employee parking garage in the corner where CC is now and also warehouses for the Christmas decorations and such, and a parade staging area. That would then allow them to expand the park into the current employee parking area while still allowing for Pixar Place to expand and even add a scaled down Carsland. There would be room for all the attractions from DCA's Carsland except RSR which I am sure DHS will never get since Epcot has TT.

I was just thinking long term what I think they might do. Pixar Place is going to be expanded sooner that you think.

By the way, reservations at Disney resorts are not nearly as bad as some would have you believe so progress on the parks will probably not slow too much.

CRO-Magnum

I'm one of the many who won't really notice but there's so little room to make anything out of the space. Most of the imagination seems to have left Imagineering. I'll bet Meg & crew turn it into a new shop of some kind as part of the exit queue for the Sony theater.

burninup4nick

IM PERSONALLY VERY DEPRESSED OVER THIS!

haha depressed because they should have just closed it and put something else there!

why open it seasonally....does anyone really like it anyways?
just close and down and put something EXCITING there! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom