Sounds Dangerous + Idol = new attraction?

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
With the planned closure of Sounds Dangerous, and the rumored problems of Idol sustaining a long term future, could the two spaces be combined into something all new? What do you think.

Horizonsfan

What are Idol's problems beside the classic question of how long the show will be on the air? We know the attraction has underperformed attendance wise but they sunk quite a bit of $$ getting that complex ready to go. Now while I'd like to see a newer more ingenious attraction go on the SD/Idol sites, I think Idol is here to stay for at least another 3-5 years.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
What are Idol's problems beside the classic question of how long the show will be on the air? We know the attraction has underperformed attendance wise but they sunk quite a bit of $$ getting that complex ready to go. Now while I'd like to see a newer more ingenious attraction go on the SD/Idol sites, I think Idol is here to stay for at least another 3-5 years.

I understand the are issues recruiting enough contestants - something that was not expected to be a problem.

Horizonsfan

I understand the are issues recruiting enough contestants - something that was not expected to be a problem.

I knew that was an issue but I'm surprised to hear it's a big enough one that they're having to consider their options. I guess I would expect a reduction in the number of shows before a complete elimination of the show.

Todd H

I was there in November and every time I got a Fastpass for a DHS attraction, the machine would spit out a free pass to American Idol as well. They were practically begging people to go. I think AIE's time has passed. Combine the two and you have enough space for a great ride.

puntagordabob

yeah not a big fan of Idol either... if they could create TWO awesome attractions in this area that would be great! If only one could be created but it would be a technological marvel then that would be great too!

kylewr86

I was just there a week ago.I didnt remember ever seeing this before but there was a women holding an audition sign just outside the backside gates.Having never been to the attraction it must be where u go to audition.

Then after getting of Rockin i saw her standing with her sign by the entrance.

It looked like they were really looking hard and it is surprising that they couldn't get anyone.I didn't see a single person go up to her the 4 or 5 times i walked by.

Also all the cheerleaders & football players were there at the park and the attendance was really really high. you would think those kids would be lining up.

My vote is it may go way reduced hours and prob go out but its Disney and as long as the shows on i bet it will still be there.:shrug:

Bolt

To be fair - American Idol's attendance numbers are not as terrible as some on here are making it sound like. I've been to plenty of shows which they had to pack to make room for additional guests. Also - distributing surprise fast passes isn't always the demise for an attraction. They were printing a large quantity for the morning shows because it usually isn't the first priority for the guests. Lights Motors Action was also doing surprise fast passes for the 11am show because not enough guests walk down to the area. Large crowds for a show that would normally be empty.

Captain Neo

Hopefully a dark ride (muppets?) but please use real physical sets and Audio Animatronics and not just have cars ride around 3D video screens please. If I wanted to do that i'd ride an electrical scooter around Best Buy.

Club34

Seriously? Its the first thing that came to my mind when the attraction was announced. How many of us watch Idol only for the first week or 2 simply to watch people's hopes and dreams crushed before their very eyes (and most, deservedly so)?

In life, there are few winners and boatloads of losers. Chances are, you're one of them. Bring on a new dark ride. :)

Horizonsfan

Seriously? Its the first thing that came to my mind when the attraction was announced. How many of us watch Idol only for the first week or 2 simply to watch people's hopes and dreams crushed before their very eyes (and most, deservedly so)?

In life, there are few winners and boatloads of losers. Chances are, you're one of them. Bring on a new dark ride. :)

While I don't disagree with the sentiment I think this has to be the gloomiest thing posted on WDWMagic this year.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom