sorry but a couple more dining ?'s

hrmom26

Original Poster
after posting my full schedule and plans and getting some great feed back from you all. i decided to look into the dining plan so here are my final ?'s
my kids are 10 and 7 i thought it was 35 dollars for adult and 10.99 for kids if thats correct I'm confused i went to the Disney world site and did a inquiry for a room and tickets i am already going to get witch comes to $1604. then i add the dining plan and it goes to 2213. now that is a $600 diff.
1. do they tax the dining plan?
2 is my 10 yr old being set as a adult? if so what is the ages
3 do they charge me for the days i come & leave?
either way it doesn't add up i wouldn't want to be charged for meals on the day i come and go because i am not getting there till supper time and leaving right after breakfast the day i leave. i figure that it shouldn't be taxed so what am i missing? :veryconfu

Heatherbell

Hi:wave:
Hopefully I can answer your questions;

1) I believe they tax the WHOLE amount of the vactation package. I could be wrong though but it makes sense to do it that way.

2) The age range for a child is 3-10, so if you put that he/she is only 10 then he should be charged a child amount. I apologize I am not sure of the exact amount of a child's dining plan but I believe it is $10.99, I know it is not more then $15. Adults are now $37.99, the charge is PER ADULT (or child), PER NIGHT of stay. Example: if you are staying 5 nights you are charged PER adult for five nights. Yes you are charged for the first night you are there however you are NOT charged the day you leave but you also do not get meals for that day. So again, if you stay five nights thats five counter services, five snacks, and five table services.
SO you said that you didn't want to be charged for the day you come but it works out because the day you leave you'll have meals/snacks.
When we went in September we stayed five nights. We didn't get there until 10:00pm our first night, we used one of our counter services that one night. Then on our last day we were there until 6pm so we used our leftover snack and our table service. Overall it is a really good idea and it is money well spent, especially if you plan on eating at sit down resturants.
Hope I answered your questions!

Floridasunshine

I just purchased the dining plan two weeks ago, and both my 10 and 11 year olds are considered 'adults' for disney purposes... i think once they pass nine (on 10th birthday) they are treated as 'adults' at adult prices, which is a crock if you ask me... My 10 year old can nowhere near eat as much as his dad ....

brertigger

^ I think they should add a junior dining plan. On some of the packages, Disney has junior (10-about 16, I think??) prices. They are more than the child, but less than the adult.

PigletIsMyCat

The Disney Dining Plan is $37.99 per night for adults, and (I think) $10.99 per night for children (ages 3-9). It is one table service, one counter service, and one snack per person, per NIGHT of your stay. So if you are staying for seven days, six nights, you are charged $37.99 per person for six nights, and $10.99 per child for six nights. All the meals are pooled together and are linked to your room key. So, for three adults and one child, for six days, there would be 24 table service meals, 24 counter service meals, and 24 snacks. The child will have to order their meals from a children's menu, if available.

Even if you are being 'charged' for meals you won't use on the days you arrive/leave, you can use two table service meals per person at the more expensive restaurants, like Cinderella's Royal Table, Jiko, or the Hoop-De-Do BBQ.

JPVonDrake

hrmom26 said:
after posting my full schedule and plans and getting some great feed back from you all. i decided to look into the dining plan so here are my final ?'s
my kids are 10 and 7 i thought it was 35 dollars for adult and 10.99 for kids if thats correct I'm confused i went to the Disney world site and did a inquiry for a room and tickets i am already going to get witch comes to $1604. then i add the dining plan and it goes to 2213. now that is a $600 diff.
1. do they tax the dining plan?
2 is my 10 yr old being set as a adult? if so what is the ages
3 do they charge me for the days i come & leave?
either way it doesn't add up i wouldn't want to be charged for meals on the day i come and go because i am not getting there till supper time and leaving right after breakfast the day i leave. i figure that it shouldn't be taxed so what am i missing? :veryconfu

I'll be happy to answer all your questions...

As stated by PigletIsMyCat, the prices for the "2006 Magic Your Way Plus Dinning Package" are as follows:

$37.99 per guest age 10+, per night of your stay.
$10.99 per guest age 3-9, per night of your stay.
Plus the cost of your Disney Resort Room and Magic Your Way Tickets.
(all taxes included)

Note, Guests age 2 or under are Mickey's personal guest. They recieve free admission to the Disney Theme Parks and may eat off of any other party member's plate for free (including buffets!)

The plan is based on the number of nights (not days) you are staying at your Disney Resort hotel, and must be purchased for the entire length of your stay. Once you check in, all of your family's meal/snack entitlements are pooled together and can be used by anyone in your party, in any order, any time from the moment you check-in, until midnight on the date you are scheduled to check out, until all entitlements are depleted.

For example, a party of 4 guest (all age 3+) staying for 6 days / 5 nights would recieve 20 Quick Service, Meals, 20 Table Service Meals and 20 snacks to use anytime during their package stay.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

timkelmom

What kind of dining discounts are available for people who don't purchase package deals. We have used annual passholder discounts in the past, but that is only 20% off. Would love to be able to pre-pay for meals.

PigletIsMyCat

Annual Passholders are not able to book the Disney Dining Plan as an add-on, the DDP must be added to a package. Which is pointless for an AP holder to do. Although they did just change the rules for DVC members, who are now allowed to add on the DDP. I bet they will do it for AP holders in the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom