...sooo embarressed!

Lozatar

Being in England, people don't normally go to Florida's Disney a lot at all. I am 16 and have been 16 times, and it is the only place i have ever been. Please in my old school would have there mum's ring me up for advice about booking their Disney trips and hints about the place. Also, I have made a few pressentations on Florida, and one pressentaion I made got me an A in my GCSE IT! :D

wild01ride

oh man. i am soooo embarressed right now! I'm in my one of my classes as we speak.. and they are asking about what we want to do with our lives. and since i am really outgoing, i raised my hand and just said "I want to work for disney" and the whole classes started laughing! These people just don't get it.. and whats worse is i hate being embarressed about how much i like disney..

this ever happen to anyone before?(not the same situation but something similar..)

The bottom line is that The Walt Disney Company has some of the most respected and sought-after talent in Business, Entertainment, Marketting, Management, Hospitality, etc., etc.
If others laugh at this then they are obviously the ones who are out of the loop!

Good luck and keep pressing on with that dream!

WDW Monorail

As a mom I'm shocked that a parent wouldn't support their child's interest (even if they think it's childlish). I think it's wrong for your mother to be embarrassed and to tell you to stop "playing with Mickey Mouse"! But she is your mother and parents deserve respect even when they're not giving that same respect to their children. Show your mom how mature you are - when she makes comments or criticises your interest in Disney tell her why you love Disney and why it's important that you stay connected to all things Disney. If you explain yourself in a calm mature manner your mom may come around and even understand why Disney is just so darn cool!!!:D :wave:

Thanks. I am very interested in the technical aspects of running the park among other things only true nerds like. I'm pretty sure that it is because of Disney that I wish to study in the engineering field. It's not like a constantly look at pictures of characters. Heck, if you asked me to name all the DIsney characters, I'd probably come up with only 20 names.:eek:

I've tried many many times to explain to my mother the fascination that I have but so far, it hasn't worked. I do have to thank my parents for taking me to WDW on numerous occasions so I suppose that they don't completely hate it.
I dislike saying this but many people will never understand.:wave:

Space Mountain

When I tell people I am a CM, almost all of the people I tell are in shock and then start to rant about how they wish they could work there. If you play your cards right, you can get in to a good paying position and make the income you need to strive. Start right away and work your way up in the business.

The way I see it...

While I completely understand and respect the desire to be employed by Disney at WDW, the older I get, the more I cherish these visits as a tourist/guest. I work hard every day to provide for my family and need a place to dream about. When the dream occasionally comes true, I’m almost in heaven. If I worked there, sadly I think it just wouldn’t be the same. It’s the same to me as motorcycles…I’m 47 years old and have been riding since my Dad put me on my own bike at 5. For years I dreamed of owning my own shop. Then one day I realized that no matter how you cut it, if I owned a motorcycle shop, it would become work… Disney is my escape from work.:shrug:

TOTGuy

While I completely understand and respect the desire to be employed by Disney at WDW, the older I get, the more I cherish these visits as a tourist/guest. I work hard every day to provide for my family and need a place to dream about. When the dream occasionally comes true, I’m almost in heaven. If I worked there, sadly I think it just wouldn’t be the same. It’s the same to me as motorcycles…I’m 47 years old and have been riding since my Dad put me on my own bike at 5. For years I dreamed of owning my own shop. Then one day I realized that no matter how you cut it, if I owned a motorcycle shop, it would become work… Disney is my escape from work.:shrug:
While I understand where you are coming from I must respectfully disagree. The thing about working for Disney is that you ARE the magic. You get to create the magic for thousands of people every day. Without you the park/hotel/store/restaurant couldn't operate. Though there are days when you get yelled out, someone has a protein spill on your shoes, or your ride goes 101, the vast majority of the time you have the opportunity to love what you do. I had a little kid hug me just because I gave him a soarin' fastpass for his birthday. It took me two seconds but the feeling of being someone's hero for the day has never left me. While not everyone can stomach going to the parks on your days off, I go to MK, have a mickey ice cream, and just sit at the hub and watch people be happy. If you are really right for your job you can't stop smiling the whole day. You are getting paid to make magic. I personally can't imagine a better job than that...no matter what it pays.

Microcell

Interesting...

I am an operator for a living, and I work from home and we IM in group chat to communicate during calls, and I mentioned that I was going to WDW (IN TWO DAYS!!!!!) and one of the other operators said that her mom is a Fairy Godmother at WDW and a bunch of us could not stop quizzing her about it. It was like she said her mom was president of the US! I think it would be a great job!!!

Pocamahontas

I'm right with you there!
And actually it's the same situation exactly,
only mine is a "I want to work for Disney World" and they laugh, and I add "and I even work there now." (with the biggest grin on my face ever)..
and they keep laughing.
Butt every now and again I get people that approach me and say things like "which park do you work at?? and what do you do?" and when I tell them anything and everything I can think of their eyes widen and they're listening soo intently, and they're so excited you can practically touch it.

...so you see, the masses...eh, they don't really get it. But there are a few of us ::point to site:: that are right with you!

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom