...sooo embarressed!

Evo

oh man. i am soooo embarressed right now! I'm in my one of my classes as we speak.. and they are asking about what we want to do with our lives. and since i am really outgoing, i raised my hand and just said "I want to work for disney" and the whole classes started laughing! These people just don't get it.. and whats worse is i hate being embarressed about how much i like disney..

this ever happen to anyone before?(not the same situation but something similar..)
I want to work at Disney too.. :king:

bgraham34

Everytime I talk about were I am going in a few days. So of my co-workers laugh and me and say I light up like a little kid. But i am a big little kid. I just want to be in Disney.

chels26

Original Poster
thats why i love these boards lol. I can't explain to any one why i love it so much... but you all know exactly how i feel haha. In the end i'm actually REALLY glad i said something because my professor's daughter was a CM for quite some time and he said she'll give me some insight on it.

edit:
joanna71985 : awsome! gotta love NJ, (not as much as WDW tho lol) I dont go to any special college though.. lol i go to Middlesex CC

WDWMUPPET

Dont let other people's opinions get to you. All of my friends think its weird that I enjoy going to Disney and that I am trying to convince them to go with me next time.

TikiBeckie

I try to understand Disney is not for everyone...even though I think it truly is! I do not understand how people can go to the Caribbean over and over again, to me it is just a beach, but it is what they love. I always retort with, "well, we all have our favorite places, and luckily not everyone has the same favorite place or it would be much too crowded" :)

ThinkTink721

oh man. i am soooo embarressed right now! I'm in my one of my classes as we speak.. and they are asking about what we want to do with our lives. and since i am really outgoing, i raised my hand and just said "I want to work for disney" and the whole classes started laughing! These people just don't get it.. and whats worse is i hate being embarressed about how much i like disney..

this ever happen to anyone before?(not the same situation but something similar..)
Don't be embarrassed!:eek:
They just don't get it.:(
My in-laws did not understand until they actually visited WDW w/ us this year & guess what...they have already booked again for next year!
:D

PintoColvig

I try to understand Disney is not for everyone...even though I think it truly is! I do not understand how people can go to the Caribbean over and over again, to me it is just a beach, but it is what they love. I always retort with, "well, we all have our favorite places, and luckily not everyone has the same favorite place or it would be much too crowded" :)
That's a good one. Gotta remember that!

GrimGrinninAnna

I feel your pain! I'm a travel editor and whenever we do Orlando, or SoCal, or especially Disney I always have these extra tidbits to throw (campfire movies, bus hours & resort extras) in that makes everyone astonished. You'd think it would be a good thing, but I feel like the freak!

Nicole220

Don't feel embaressed.

My friends used to make fun (in a nice way) of my love for Disney. Now they just accept it and move on. Actually, some of them are turning into me, lol.

I'd work @ the World in a heartbeat. Only problem is that I REALLY doubt they have anything in my profession.........Nuclear medicine. GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

RAZORBRAD

lots of people at work laugh at me, say that its a waste of money or even call me gay for going to Disney so much. I ask them why they didnt like Disney World and the usual response is, " oh, well I've never been."

typical losers that have never been , yet wanna talk crap about it

chels26

Original Poster
i was thinking... i think it botherd me so much because i was so used to being in high school, where every one knew about and accepted my addiction...buy now i'm college where these people don't even know me and half of them probably have never been. Oh well.. im over being embarresed now lol. It's who i am and if they are judging me because of my love for something than i probably woudn't have been friends with them any way!

mike7904

everyone i know seems to pick on my wife and I when we talk about Disney and how much we like going. Some people just don't get the experience. I hope you keep that dream of wanting to work there.

tecowdw

lots of people at work laugh at me, say that its a waste of money or even call me gay for going to Disney so much. I ask them why they didn't like Disney World and the usual response is, " oh, well I've never been."

typical losers that have never been , yet wanna talk crap about it

What?!?!?
:eek:
Calling you names just because you enjoy Disney is horrible. Sometimes people just plain suck!

tecowdw

everyone i know seems to pick on my wife and I when we talk about Disney and how much we like going. Some people just don't get the experience. I hope you keep that dream of wanting to work there.
I agree. Sometimes it's just not worth even talking about around people since most people just don't get it.

Keep on dreaming!!
:sohappy:

My coworkers don't even ask anymore WHERE we are going......it's WHEN is the Disbey vacation this year!!! I must be wearing on them though. one of them just had a little girl and already wants me to plan THEIR first Disney vacation when she is 5!!!!!!!

LoriMistress

Who cares what others think? I remember those days when I was in high school. How I would normally respond (back then and now), if someone was going to mock me because of an interest I had I'd just point out something that they're interested in that's completely boring [to me], but doesn't mean I'm going to give them a hard time because of it. You just have to put people in their place sometimes.

tecowdw

What you encountered today is basically the story of my life! I am at Auburn University majoring in Hotel and Restaurant Management, and every time I tell some I want to work at Disney they laugh and ask me if I am going to be Belle! I kindly respond i would love to be Belle but I want to work in a Hotel at Disney. I don't think people understand that there is more to working at Disney than just being a character. So, trust me I know exactly how you feel!

Wow! I envy you about preparing your education with the goal of a management job at Disney Resorts. My education and career path might have been different had I been in love with Disney in my early years.

Oh well, my secret wish would be to be a parade character performer anyway. I'll just have to happy with my 9-5 office job that pays the bills way up here in Indiana. Maybe in my next life....
:rolleyes:

tecowdw

My coworkers don't even ask anymore WHERE we are going......it's WHEN is the Disbey vacation this year!!! I must be wearing on them though. one of them just had a little girl and already wants me to plan THEIR first Disney vacation when she is 5!!!!!!!

Ha! Me too! The coworkers have just learned to ask when the next one is. To be sure, some of them don't think that highly of it but a few do.
:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom