Sonny Eclipse at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe

dannyboyindc

It's amazing this animatronic still exists today; It's not a Disney character from a movie, it's not a meet and greet, and its not gift shop or convention space.

It works for free. Cheaper than having a real band there, which is what they used to have on a regular basis. It's cute, but the old way was better I think. It would be neat to somehow make Sonny interactive...perhaps through a request system of some sort, or trivia.

Communicore

It works for free. Cheaper than having a real band there, which is what they used to have. It's cute, but the old way was better I think.
I prefer live bands too. I saw some 70's clip of WDW and they had some cover band performing during the 70's, and of course during our first summer in the new Tommorowland we had that Latin band. Whatever happened to Kabang and the other Pleasure Island bands? Maybe they can perform at Cosmic's.

lazyboy97o

It works for free. Cheaper than having a real band there, which is what they used to have on a regular basis. It's cute, but the old way was better I think. It would be neat to somehow make Sonny interactive...perhaps through a request system of some sort, or trivia.
Sonny Eclipse still requires power and maintenance. His space could easily be used for more seating in an already crowded space. It really is a small miracle that he is still there, functioning and not turned into Stitch or some other character.

Oriolesmagic

I like Sonny Eclipse, I remember watching him as a child in amazement. I was always disappointed whenever there wasn't enough seating in the "concert hall" and we had to eat elsewhere in the restaurant. Tomorrowland is already a terrible disappointment, taking out Sonny Eclipse would be a disservice to whatever heart still remains in that area.

Scooter

Although I have seen his act 30+ times, I miss Sony Eclipse when he is "on vacation". It makes the meal seem boring without him performing. It would be like going to eat at Rainforest Cafe or T-Rex and the sound effects were all turned off. Without Sony, it's just another counter service place.

dstrawn9889

Cosmic Ray's is our favorite place to eat in the Magic Kingdom. Though we were extremely disappointed that they removed the outdoor balcony seating looking at the castle, I'm glad to hear Sonny is at least still on his perch.
they did not remove it, they just enclosed it with glass...

H2O_Mouse-Ears

Potential Fun Fact: Not sure if this is still the case but Cosmic Ray's was the largest indoor fast food restaurant in the United States and at one point in the entire world.

BrittanyRose428

Potential Fun Fact: Not sure if this is still the case but Cosmic Ray's was the largest indoor fast food restaurant in the United States and at one point in the entire world.
I've heard that it's the largest in the US and second largest in the world to a McDonalds in Russia. Not sure how true that is, but they said that in my park orientation tour of the Magic Kingdom.

Uncle Lupe

That would refresh the show but changing the voice work would have some backlash.

Bugz

I hope he is back! me and my boy look forward to them same old jokes every year, its a tradition that would be missed for us and very sad not to go to Cosmics have a burger and listen to good old Sonny , we have been talking about it already!! goin in July!! woohoo!:happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom