Song Of The South (Movie)

TinkerChelli

Original Poster
Hi Everyone :wave:
I was wondering if anyone here has the movie "Song Of The South" and is willing to make me a copy of it.
It's one of the movies I am missing from my liabrary. If you do and are willing to help me out, I'd so much appreciate it.
You can email me and I will be more than happy to pay for the CD/Postage for this.
Thx so much
Have a magical day now :wave::sohappy:

Pioneer Hall

It was never released in the US, but was overseas. There are some dubbed or subtitles Japanese versions available on ebay (as well as some "unofficial" ones). I don't think you would have much luck asking here due to these circumstances.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It's a movie always mentioned as being "under consideration" for release from the vault, but probably never will be.....

trr1

Hi Everyone :wave:
I was wondering if anyone here has the movie "Song Of The South" and is willing to make me a copy of it.
It's one of the movies I am missing from my liabrary. If you do and are willing to help me out, I'd so much appreciate it.
You can email me and I will be more than happy to pay for the CD/Postage for this.
Thx so much
Have a magical day now :wave::sohappy:

I would also love to have this movie if anyone knows where to get it.
try this place click link
i bought a dvd of this movie and watch it at least once a month

lilclerk

It's on youtube in 10 minute pieces as well, in case you wanted to watch it before you made the purchase.

As much as I love the music, I hate the movie. And not for any "politically correct" reasons, it just wasn't my cuppa tea :lol:

WDWmazprty

I have an 'unoffical' complete movie on VHS. A friend of mine was an actor in commercials mostly and would go to these film conventions and knew a lot of people and had connections. He knew I liked Disney stuff and gave me a copy that someone had given to him. The tape is great, except that during the whle movie it has the running time playing in a black box. I think it was a test tape of some kind. Anyway, I have it in my attic, I've been meaning to change it over to DVD so I can actually watch it again. :rolleyes:

BwayBaby

We used to have a copy, something someone recorded. I don't know if we still do- I think my mom sold most of our VHS tapes. We're 90% sure my dad's dad sent it to us- he was a huge movie buff. I remember watching it once as a kid, and my sister rediscovered it going through our tapes with a friend of hers... it wasn't marked, though. They were watching something else and it was apparently recorded over it.
Sorry I can't be more of a help. I'll look for it, but I'm pretty sure it's gone :/

TinkerChelli

Original Poster
Hi Everyone and thanks so much for all your replies to this Thread.
I have checked on line myself and it is up for sale. I just wonder now if it's the original untouched copy with "Tar Baby" in it.
You guys are all wonderful, thanks again for all the responses.
:wave::sohappy:Have a Magical Day Now :wave: Isn't Disney Movies or anything Disney the Bestest!!!!!!!!!

TinkerChelli

Original Poster
Goof Ball hehehe...
I'm Italian(Sicilian) Not a drunkard sorry hehe.
I think this will be re-released but I am sure "Tar Baby will either be taken out or changed up.

It's a movie always mentioned as being "under consideration" for release from the vault, but probably never will be.....

WDWmazprty

What's the deal with this movie anyway - is it overtly racist?

No, its not. It portrays the time period is all,where there were slaves and plantation owners, and all that. Its like any other movie that is set in the slavery times. People need to get a grip and enjoy the movie and stop being so sensitive about things. But of course, there will always be someone with a beef! Guess you cant avoid that-:brick::brick::brick:

Sure, they will probably change some things as to still not offend people, but the there is nothing wrong with the movie at all.

Im glad I still have my copy. :D

TinkerChelli

Original Poster
You can not make everyone happy, oh well I enjoy anything Disney. It's true what you say though ppl take things to seriously for sure. Sheesh :shrug:

trr1

What's the deal with this movie anyway - is it overtly racist?
I dont think so but thats my opinion.the big fuss is that When the film was first released, the NAACP acknowledged "the remarkable artistic merit" of the film, but decried the "impression it gives of an idyllic master-slave relationship. It didnt show the true conditions that the slaves actually
had to put up with like in Gone With The Wind

LoriMistress

A co-worker of mine has it on VHS back in the 80's unopened. I offered to buy it from her, but after she did some research, she said no way. :(

imagineer boy

No, its not. It portrays the time period is all,where there were slaves and plantation owners, and all that. Its like any other movie that is set in the slavery times. People need to get a grip and enjoy the movie and stop being so sensitive about things. But of course, there will always be someone with a beef! Guess you cant avoid that-:brick::brick::brick:

Sure, they will probably change some things as to still not offend people, but the there is nothing wrong with the movie at all.

Im glad I still have my copy. :D

Actually, it takes place after the civil war when the slaves a free. Apparently the blacks in the movie are working on the plantation as regular jobs.

But I agree, people need to get a grip. If the film offends them, then don't buy it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom