Something you always say you're going to do, but don't

Spoonfulofsugar

Original Poster
As I was just reading about Animal Kingdom, I was thinking about Festival of the Lion King. I go to WDW about once a year and keep saying I want to see that show. However, I haven't seen it yet! The time seems to just get away from you and before you know it, you have a PS somewhere. I also think the times this show is scheduled never seems to work out.

Is there something you keep wanting to do and for one reason or another you miss it?

jcarriv

Unfortunately we aren't able to go enought to keep missing out on something but last time we were at WDW we were on a shorter trip and missed out on Fantasmic because of the long wait time to get a seat. It is taking a top priority for our trip in October.

careship

You really HAVE to go see the Lion King show at the Animal Kingdom....we saw it finally last year and it was magnificent, we ended up seeing it 3 times. I always say we are going to go out and explore Tom Sawyer's Island again, but it just takes so long and by the time we get there it is getting late and they have already closed it...we haven't been there in 2 years I think. Maybe 3 years.

jrashadb

I've never been on Kali either. Call me a stick in the mud, but I don't like getting that wet when I'm at the parks.
As for me, I always say I'm going to see O' Canada... I think that's the movie's name. I've heard it's good but, by the time I get to Canada, I usually have other things on my mind like a PS or the Margarita cart in Mexico or turning around and going back to the UK (R&C).

pisco

I've yet to see the American Adventure in Epcot. Seems like everytime I get to the pavillion the show has just started and I am too impatient to wait for the next one.

I also avoid Kali. Doesn't look a good enough attraction to get soaked for.

careship

stitch rocks said:
i have never seen fantasmic and my friends are astonished that i haven't since i've been to DL and WDW more times than they have

Don't they call never going to see Fantasmic blasphemy? Just kidding...it really is something you have to experience at least once in your life.

StevenT

I'm going to have to third not riding kali. I just don't feel like walking around soaking wet all day.

All the way up until my last trip I had always meant to do Peter Pan's Flight. I knew it was a Walt Disney Original so I wanted to do it, but the line is always way too long and it looks like a miserable and hot queue. I finally did it on an E-ride night.

I always say that I'm going to spend alot more time in the World Showcase but that never happens. Every year we go we talk about saving up so that next year we can join the Vacation Club but that never happens either.

Kwit35

Animal Kingdom! We usually do day trips so we can only pick one park at a time. I just can't pass up MK and Epcot. I did AK for half a day once, with my 3 year old. So we go to see the Safari and walk around the Tree of Life. But she was to little to go to any rides and the lines for the shows were to long. We did stay at the AKL once, for a night. Loved it! I think in January, when we go for the Marathon, we will have to take in more of AK.

Kwit35

stitch rocks said:
i have never seen fantasmic and my friends are astonished that i haven't since i've been to DL and WDW more times than they have
YOU HAVE TO SEE IT!!!! I am not a big 'show' person. I would rather be on the rides. BUT...this show is awesome! I order you to see it! :p

Chape19714

For a start, i always said i was gonna go on the ExtraTERROResterial Alien Encounter, but by the time I was ready to go, it was gone. I always spent alot of time at Space Mountain or Buzz and of coarse the TTA.

Now, i always say that I am going to try Tower of Terror and the Rock and Roller Coaster. I wait in line with my friends/family, and then always either see the boiler room, or a limo launch, and chicken out taking the chicken exit. (it's pretty sad when the guy on the ToT chicken exit elevator knows you cause you've been there so many times. by the end of the day, he just said "you know the drill" lol.

AEfx

stitch rocks said:

Don't feel bad, neither have I.

I simply refuse to sit in a theater for 90-mins or more doing nothing when I could get in a half-dozen trips on RnR and ToT.

That said, I will be reserving the Fantasmic package for my next visit - I finally saw some footage of Fantasmic and agree that I have been missing out - I'm sure the audio-animatronic Dragon will be my new favorite thing. It gives me something to look forward to on my next trip - along with seeing Stich opening week!

That also goes along with my other "something I say I'll do but never get to", proper dining in the Resort. I am habitual when it comes to food - I rarely order something new, and I rarely try some place new if there is an alternative that I have already been to and liked. With the exception of Sci-Fi, 50'sPTC, and PH at DTD, I rarely do sit-down restaurants; the combination of my theme-park-commando personality and my love of burgers/fries (or carrots! I love that at MK!) usually keeps me from having a leisurely sit-down meal while at WDW.

For my next trip I have already begun planning PS's at Le Cellier, Concourse Steakhouse, and the Yachtsman, as well as Mama Melroses for the Fantasmic! package (I don't like Italian generally, but I hear the filet mingon there is excellent). I'm also toying with the idea of Boma, since so many people speak highly of it, but I am a bit afraid I wouldn't find enough that I like to make it worth it for me.

AEfx

We always say we are going to see Illuminations, but just don't seem to make the time. This year we are going to see it the FIRST night that we are there! :sohappy:
As for Kali, you are all missing a great ride. We feel that the soaking that you get is well worth it. We have been on it and barely been splashed, and we have gone on it and been dumped on by what felt like a million gallons. You just have to time your ride to be the last thing you do before you leave the park. It's also great on a hot day.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Two things: taking a ride on the Liberty Belle Riverboat (out of all the times I've been to MK, I have not once been on it) and just doing some resort hopping. Always say I'm going to do it, but never get around to it.

AEfx

NemoRocks78 said:
Two things: taking a ride on the Liberty Belle Riverboat (out of all the times I've been to MK, I have not once been on it) and just doing some resort hopping. Always say I'm going to do it, but never get around to it.

Haha, both here too. I always have someone in the party who wants to go on the Liberty Belle, which means one thing to me : HAUNTED MANSION, solo! Even when I was like 8 or 9 at the parks I'd be like, "See ya later guys!" and have yet to go on the Riverboat. That's one ride (along with the teacups, dumbo, alladin and all of dino-land save DINOSAUR) that I will likely never ride - and never feel like I "missed out" on anything (I hate carny crap).

I also rarely resort hop - it's odd when you do, because you are so used to seeing photographs of places that you think you know exactly what to expect and when you get there - they look completely different! I felt that way the first time I saw the Swan and Dolphin in person, for example. Oh, and the All-Stars - that stuff is BIG!

On my trip-after-next I'm toying with the idea of vising all the resorts in one day just for fun - if I do, I might make it a contest to see if I can do it all on Disney transport without going insane. :)

AEfx

KaliSplash

Okay,

All of you who've never riden Kali because you might get wet. As you can tell by my name, I think it's a great ride. I do understand it's no fun to walk around wet all day, especially in the winter.

We're almost always there in the summer, so we go in bathing suits, t-shirts and flip-flops, and pack a change of clothes in the lockers. We ride Kali as soon as it opens, often more than once, then get the dry clothes out of the locker and change in the bathrooms. The alternative would be to ride it right before you leave the park, particularly if you're leaving early afternoon to go back to the hotel for a break.

As to what I've always meant to do, the Lion King Show in Animal Kingdom is one (I'm always too wet !!)

The other that I missed was when they served cold fried chicken at Aunt Polly's. I always thought that sounded wonderful but we were never in the right place at the right time.

wdwhoneymooner

I've only seen Flights of Wonder once and have never been to the Drew Carey Sound show @ MGM. As for Kali RR @ AK, if the wait is over 45 minutes I don't think it's worth the time: way too short of a ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom