Something on top of Epcot monorail station?

PhotoDave219

Surely you jest!! You missed out. They were cool.

I'm still very bitter about their removal, as you may have guessed. I still hope, though...every year I hope Disney will put them back in. It's the thing with feathers. I can't help it.

(Sorry.)

Last I saw, they were continuing to rot along Woodpecker Lane.

luv

We just started visiting at Christmas 3 years ago.We had heard so much about how cool they were, so they did away with them that year.
Well, now I hope harder they put them back. They were cool from a distance and fun to walk under. I always thought they were a little romantic, too, in a quirky way. :)

Maybe they'll do something cool for Christmas with the ball. :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm ok with them using it, as long as it's not all the time during the evening.

Though, based on that, it looks like something they will be running in short spurts, which I think is a really neat idea.

DJMoore2011

Surely you jest!! You missed out. They were cool.

I'm still very bitter about their removal, as you may have guessed. I still hope, though...every year I hope Disney will put them back in. It's the thing with feathers. I can't help it.

(Sorry.)
LoW????

And yes I will be going to see this loved the first one and can't wait to see this one. My daughter is excited too. As for the Mike on SSE it's ok and hope it's temporary like just for a couple of days temporary.

articos

Anyone else find themselves thinking maybe the one comment might be right? I'm not saying all night, but maybe at certain points of holiday season turn it into a snow globe or something....some sort of holiday light show. That effect is incredible! Even though it was kind of cheap, it looked awesome.
I actually think a snowflake holiday effect could be classy for a limited run, and would look quite good on SSE's aluminum skin. Pumpkin would be too much, imo.

MarkTwain

I guess I'll put my neck out there and be the first to say that I find this completely disgraceful. If there was any doubt remaining that Disney had shed every last bit of faith in the meaning and concept behind Epcot/EPCOT Center, or in a park that was meant to celebrate the human race and global culture instead of simply another outlet for Disney™ branding, then it's probably gone now. The only way this is at all better than the wand is that at least they can't make it visible in the daytime... not that I'm sure it would bother Disney if they could. But then even the wand at last tried (however ineffectively) to symbolize and identify the park it was built in.

No, while turning the Imagination pavilion into something worth existing, making the Universe of Energy appealing to modern culture, or the helping the Seas pavilion reflect a land called "Future World" are all completely out of the question, we can at least project giant Mike Wazowskis on Spaceship Earth and turn not one, but two monorails into moving billboards.

Walt Disney World is losing all shreds of the dignity and sense of individuality that made it the #1 destination on earth, instead content to wh@ring itself to movie studios by turning its global architectural icons into giant blinking cartoon characters. I don't know why anyone at Disney, let alone TDO, thought this would be appropriate.

MarkTwain

Anyone that has a problem with this, doesn't know what a projector is.

A projector is good as the image it's used to project. The projector itself I have no problem with. If anything, I think there's some seriously cool potential in turning Spaceship Earth into a real-time photorealistic revolving globe, a pastiche of different multi-ethnic faces from around the world (like the beautiful Crown fountain in Chicago), projections of famous works of art, maybe even a surface for constantly-streaming, stock ticker-style Twitter updates tagging #Epcot as a tribute to SSE's communication theme. Even futuristic Tron-like lines or effects like having the tiles flip around or switch places would be cool. Those concepts all would have dignity and sense of purpose in Epcot. But that doesn't seem to be what Disney has in mind.

For all the visibility and attention this projection is going to have, it may as well be painted on, at least for guests who will never see Spaceship Earth in its usual nighttime glory.

RSoxNo1

I'm quite familiar with projectors, and I know tacky when I see it.
It's truly for a limited engagement though (and seemingly just for a press event). Complaining about this is akin to complaining about the limited time magic offerings as if they too were permanent changes. Spaceship Earth is not being changed to a Monster's Inc attraction and Mike Wazowski will not be the new logo for Epcot.

MarkTwain

It's truly for a limited engagement though (and seemingly just for a press event). Complaining about this is akin to complaining about the limited time magic offerings as if they too were permanent changes. Spaceship Earth is not being changed to a Monster's Inc attraction and Mike Wazowski will not be the new logo for Epcot.

If it's just for the press event, I'll gladly eat my words. I've done it before. ;) Let's hope that's all it is. Forgive me for having placed my trust in TDO elsewhere, if perhaps prematurely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom