Something I noticed (am I right or wrong)

DisJosh

I have noticed the DIS board seems to have more women posting than men. Here...not so sure I've seen it sway one way or the other.

retroeric

Original Poster
I have noticed the DIS board seems to have more women posting than men. Here...not so sure I've seen it sway one way or the other.

You're probably right on wdwmagic, more of a mix.

I post here because I feel like I have nothing in common with the people at the DIS boards. Every other thread is by a mom posting about her cats, the latest Oprah, her DH, or her adolescent son.

DisJosh

You're probably right on wdwmagic, more of a mix.

I post here because I feel like I have nothing in common with the people at the DIS boards. Every other thread is by a mom posting about her cats, the latest Oprah, her DH, or her adolescent son.

Lol well I'm probably guilty of a couple cat posts of my own here through the years!

But I get that vibe there too. Which is fine. To each thier own. I know this board has it's share of mom type posts too. Disney is after all after the family demographic.

I think magic just has a more balanced mix. So we're not overwhelmed by one type of post or another...

Unless we're talking monorail expansion. Lol

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I think WDWMagic is pretty balanced. It is the only board I can tolerate. Other boards have too many cat/Oprah/kid posts (as someone mentioned before) or they are too full of arm chair Imagineers and wannabe Disney execs. Another huge benefit to this site is that there is a limit on how long signatures can be and what can be put in there. I can't stand the visual assault that your eyes get from certain other sites. Too many bouncing smileys, links, huge pictures, enormous text, and countdown tickers. It hurts my brain and makes it impossible to focus on anything else.

DoleWhipDiva

I have just starting using WDWMagic because the DIS boards can be so cliquey. People also say things that I am SURE they wouldn't have the guts to say to others in person. Also, it seems that you can never have your own opinion without someone ripping it to shreds.

This forum doesn't generate as much volume as the DISboards do. I hope that can pick up.

happymom52003

This forum doesn't generate as much volume as the DISboards do. I hope that can pick up.

That is actually one of the many reasons I prefer WDWMagic. Ask a question here, and you will usually get many great answers...sometimes even over the course of a week. Over there, many threads get lost...you might get a few answers at first, then the thread gets buried unless it is a hot topic. Threads seem to stay alive over here longer. I think the Disboards have TOO much volume. It is much easier to find quick and accurate answers on WDWMagic.

As far as whether WDWMagic has more females or males, I've also found it to be about even, with more males posting in the news/rumor section.

DoleWhipDiva

That is actually one of the many reasons I prefer WDWMagic. Ask a question here, and you will usually get many great answers...sometimes even over the course of a week. Over there, many threads get lost...you might get a few answers at first, then the thread gets buried unless it is a hot topic. Threads seem to stay alive over here longer. I think the Disboards have TOO much volume. It is much easier to find quick and accurate answers on WDWMagic.

As far as whether WDWMagic has more females or males, I've also found it to be about even, with more males posting in the news/rumor section.

That actually is a really good point that I didn't even think about. I have posted threads where I only got a couple of answers and then it just disappears. Maybe if I started a line jumping, refillable mug or pool hopping thread, it would stay around! :zipit:

cmatt

2009-07-14-rw_36.png

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I do but I guess I do a good job of avoiding those threads. My bs radar is pretty finely tuned. :lookaroun

You just made me spit out my drink when I read that! I agree with you. I usually stick to the vacations section that I sponsor since I like that section the best, but I pop over here from time to time.

Pam

maggiegrace1

All I can say if the women have time to post I hope their domestic duties are complete to a high standard.
Mine are complete.and I made sure my husband did them good enough..;)
I think WDWMagic is pretty balanced. It is the only board I can tolerate. Other boards have too many cat/Oprah/kid posts (as someone mentioned before) or they are too full of arm chair Imagineers and wannabe Disney execs. Another huge benefit to this site is that there is a limit on how long signatures can be and what can be put in there. I can't stand the visual assault that your eyes get from certain other sites. Too many bouncing smileys, links, huge pictures, enormous text, and countdown tickers. It hurts my brain and makes it impossible to focus on anything else.
I agree...
I do but I guess I do a good job of avoiding those threads. My bs radar is pretty finely tuned. :lookaroun
Mine too...and most of the BS makers are not posting here that much..

I don't know about that, but there is a higher percentage of "angry"
:lol:
I think angry left with the BS.....:shrug::D..

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Mine are complete.and I made sure my husband did them good enough..;)

I agree...

Mine too...and most of the BS makers are not posting here that much..

I think angry left with the BS.....:shrug::D..

I noticed that as well. It's rather nice to read threads again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom