Someone please save Pooh at EPCOT

wdrive

This is not true.

It is

Specific characters no, number of people working yes

I feel we’re all in here just wanting to praise roaming characters and you all hate the idea of an indoor meet and greet. Yes roaming characters are great but I’m not debating that.

celluloid

It is

Specific characters no, number of people working yes

Well those are two different things. You said characters. You more efficiently met Tiana with many other people does not equal more characters. It just means you have a more efficient Tiana ..also even with that. I would have to see the numbers to believe it.
I was shocked just walking around Tokyo Disneyland and even Disney Sea.

wdrive

Well those are two different things. You said characters. You more efficiently met Tiana with many other people does not equal more characters. It just means you have a more efficient Tiana ..also even with that. I would have to see the numbers to believe it.

If you read all my posts you’d see that I meant number of people working as characters. I originally got involved in this discussion as someone said WDW was cheap in regards to their characters. My response was MK has the most amount of characters out a day. Not for variety but in terms of actual numbers. And people love to scream no I saw a load of characters at Disneyland you must be wrong

I feel I’m repeating myself plenty on here. You’d be shocked at how many people it takes to run these indoor meet and greets. Having Aladdin and Jasmine around Disney Sea for a few hours a day doesn’t make a scratch compared to a multi room meet and greet factory

celluloid

If you read all my posts you’d see that I meant number of people working as characters.

I feel I’m repeating myself plenty on here. You’d be shocked at how many people it takes to run these indoor meet and greets. Having Aladdin and Jasmine around Disney Sea for a few hours a day doesn’t make a scratch compared to a multi room meet and greet factory
Being raised on WDW, seeing the decline in characters and staffing and then working at MK and visiting in more frequent years...to visiting Tokyo last month. I find it incredibly difficult to believe more CMs are friends with characters on shift at MK than Tokyo Disneyland. Like impossible.

It felt like Hard Ticket events there.

So if you could provide a source that states the numbers as fact let me know.

wdrive

Being raised on WDW, seeing the decline in characters and staffing and then working at MK and visiting in more frequent years...to visiting Tokyo last month. I find it incredibly difficult to believe more CMs are friends with characters on shift at MK than Tokyo Disneyland. Like impossible.

It felt like Hard Ticket events there.

So if you could provide a source that states the numbers as fact let me know.

Yes there’s been a decline in WDW entertainment, I’m one of the first to point this out and say how bad it is.

Of course I’m not going to share some internal employee numbers source, don’t be silly, can you share one for me?

You clearly don’t understand how these multi room meet and greets work.

There’s significantly more Princesses a day in Fairytale Hall a day than out in Tokyo. And that’s before we even get to Ariel’s Grotto, Merida and other Princesses.

brb1006

At Disneyland I’m often approached by characters for a high five or quick hello when I’m just sitting and listening to a band or waiting for a horse trolley.

On my last trip I was listening to the New Orleans jazz band and I turned to see Captain Jack standing right next to me directing the band. I turned and smiled. He tipped his hat and he was off.
I remember seeing a video on Youtube years back from DCA that showed a guest relaxing on a bench while Goofy decided to sneak up on him and surprise him in the process. The guest's reaction was priceless and super charming. You sadly don't get moments like that at WDW anymore.

celluloid

Yes there’s been a decline in WDW entertainment, I’m one of the first to point this out and say how bad it is.

Of course I’m not going to share some internal employee numbers source, don’t be silly, can you share one for me?

You clearly don’t understand how these multi room meet and greets work.

There’s significantly more Princesses a day in Fairytale Hall a day than out in Tokyo. And that’s before we even get to Ariel’s Grotto, Merida and other Princesses.
Well that is just staffing for princess meets. You stated more staffing of character numbers total. You shared things here where an estimate of employees would not really be anything worse than what you said.

Just look at the roster of daily meets in each land Both stationed and roaming at Tokyo Disneyland.

Far more staffing numbers of charscters there even with Fairytale Hall.

If you are going to make a claim that there are more at MK, you would see more evidence of it.

There are not that many duplicates of each princess staffed at a time.

brb1006

Remember when WDW used to have a much healthier balance when it comes to balancing out Disney Characters for guests to meet? Before the 2010s, the resort used to feature characters from older and sometimes obscure animated films and shorts mixed in with characters from Disney's then-recent animated films even after the conclusion of The Disney Renaissance up till the release of Tangled.

I remember when both Pinocchio and Geppetto were out daily at the Magic Kingdom alongside Little John, Prince John, Robin Hood, and Friar Tuck (circa 2004). Heck, I vividly remember seeing Horace and Clarabelle meeting guests outside the Train Station compared to nowadays where they only show up during seasonal events.

Heck, remember DHS (MGM Studios) was the only park where guests could easily find Disney Characters from their then-recent animated films including Pixar Characters at the WDW Resort?

wdrive

Well that is just staffing for princess meets. You stated more staffing of character numbers total. You shared things here where an estimate of employees would not really be anything worse than what you said.

Just look at the roster of daily meets in each land Both stationed and roaming at Tokyo Disneyland.

Far more staffing numbers of charscters there even with Fairytale Hall.

If you are going to make a claim that there are more at MK, you would see more evidence of it.

Just the Princesses were an example.

The whole point is you don’t see more evidence of it. They’re inside.

There is many more duplicates staffed at one time, at least compared to Tokyo.

But whatever, it’s clear for you Tokyo is great and nasty cheap WDW of course spends as little as possible. I’m turning off notifications now for this post so you can get back to discussing the wonderful character variety at different parks.

celluloid

Remember when WDW used to have a much healthier balance when it comes to balancing out Disney Characters for guests to meet? Before the 2010s, the resort used to feature characters from older and sometimes obscure animated films and shorts mixed in with characters from Disney's then-recent animated films even after the conclusion of The Disney Renaissance up till the release of Tangled.

I remember when both Pinocchio and Geppetto were out daily at the Magic Kingdom alongside Little John, Prince John, Robin Hood, and Friar Tuck (circa 2004). Heck, I vividly remember seeing Horace and Clarabelle meeting guests outside the Train Station compared to nowadays where they only show up during seasonal events.

Heck, remember DHS (MGM Studios) was the only park where guests could easily find Disney Characters from their then-recent animated films including Pixar Characters at the WDW Resort?

Yes. Part of the Iger era really made what I call the Mermaid rule. Basically other than a few staples it is hard to find anything pre Little Mermaid in the daily parks.

My sister danced with Robin Hood many a times and I have video of that and Friar Tuck. Roger rabbit rubbing my hair. All same vhs from 1989. Ironically when The Little Mermaid came out.

Last edited:

brb1006

Far more staffing numbers of characters there even with Fairytale Hall.

Even Disneyland Paris has started taking cues from Tokyo Disney Resort where they started giving more love to Disney's older and obscure characters beginning in the mid to late 2010s. Paris is the only resort where you can find other characters from The Three Caballeros that ain't focused on Donald, Panchito, and Jose (notably The Flying Gauchito and Burrito the Flying Donkey). Even if it's usually saved for private events and special occasions.

celluloid

Just the Princesses were an example.

The whole point is you don’t see more evidence of it. They’re inside.

There is many more duplicates staffed at one time, at least compared to Tokyo.

But whatever, it’s clear for you Tokyo is greet and nasty cheap WDW of course spends as little as possible. I’m turning off notifications now for this post so you can get back to discussing the wonderful character variety at different parks.

Well I believe you are wrong about staffing. Variety aside. The number fact you presented would not touch what is done overseas.

Even hypothetically Five of each Princess on staff at a time in two sets for the day and the rest of.MK meet and greet staffing for the day is less entertainment staffing when you compare it to all the staffing of what Tokyo Disneyland provides.

wdrive

Well I believe you are wrong about staffing. Variety aside. The number fact you presented would not touch what is done overseas.

Even hypothetically Five of each Princess on staff at a time in two sets for the day and the rest of.MK meet and greet staffing for the day is less entertainment staffing when you compare it to all the staffing of what Tokyo Disneyland provides.

Last reply from me I promise. So if we take your hypothetical scenario, that’s 40 Princesses a day for Fairytale Hall. You see were I’m going with this? Anywho, enjoy your night! (Or day if you’re not from the US)

brb1006

Yes. Part of the Iger era really made what I call the Mermaid rule. Basically other than a few staples it is hard to find anything pre Little Mermaid in the daily parks.

My sister danced with Robin Hood many a times and I have video of that and Friar Tuck. Roger rabbit rubbing my hair. All same vhs from 1989. Ironically when The Little Mermaid came out.
Still baffled that both Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum alongside The Seven Dwarfs are only reserved for MNSSHP and MVMCP who used to be easier to find at WDW. Even Pinocchio and Geppetto has slowly started getting similar treatment outside of occasional appearances at Epcot.

At least Marie got her moment in the spotlight at WDW between 2009 till 2016 where she meet guests daily at Epcot's France Pavillion before moving to MK for unknown reasons then suddenly stopped for unknown reasons. Suprised WDW didn't put her back at the France Pavillion instead of mostly used for Belle and The Beast.

celluloid

Still baffled that both Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum alongside The Seven Dwarfs are only reserved for MNSSHP and MVMCP who used to be easier to find at WDW. Even Pinocchio and Geppetto has slowly started getting similar treatment outside of occasional appearances at Epcot.

At least Marie got her moment in the spotlight at WDW between 2009 till 2016 where she meet guests daily at Epcot's France Pavillion before moving to MK for unknown reasons then suddenly stopped for unknown reasons. Suprised WDW didn't put her back at the France Pavillion instead of mostly used for Belle and The Beast.
I saw the entire Pinocchio gang including goons and Gepetto after turning a around from meeting Cheshire Cat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom