Trip Report Somehow I'll make a fan out of you - January 2018 **COMPLETED**

IMG_7611.jpg

:cry::cry::cry:

The post-Disney depression has officially set in. Actually, it set in as soon as I took the Tragical Express to MCO.

WHY does departure day exist?!?! Why can't I always be in my happy place!?! Why do I live in a place where the air hurts my skin?!?! Why can't I live in Orlando??

Such is life I guess!! To help cure my Disney blues and to hold me over until my next trip (which fortunately is never too far away), I thought I'd share my travels with all of you :joyfull:

[You can find my PTR here]
WHO: Myself (Rebecca/Becca) and my boyfriend Daniel
8rqfO5lzTe6+lgFf7UW65Q.jpg

WHEN: January 16th-22nd 2018
WHERE: Coronado Springs and Beach Club
WHY: Long story short, we've been dating for 3 years and wanted to celebrate!

This was Daniel's first trip as an adult (my 16th), he hasn't gone since he was 3 years old. He told me the only thing he remembered was riding Dumbo, so I knew that I had a challenge before me.... so I got inspiration from Mulan and thought to myself...

Somehow I'll make a FAN out of you!!!

Last edited:

becca_

Original Poster
How would you compare the immersion factor for Pandora to say WWOHP or Carsland?

Max
I think it is pretty on par with Carsland. I'm not a HP fan nor have I ever been so I have no idea what it is "supposed" to look like vs what it actually looks like.

Carsland was (in my opinion) the first land at a Disney park to really set the bar high. Especially with RSR and the neon lights... :inlove:
Pandora is a bit different in the sense that the movie doesn't necessarily translate to the land like Radiator Springs does to CL. But I think the level of detail is pretty much even. I love Pandora so I could be biased but I think it is the best place on property.

becca_

Original Poster
DHS con't

We had made it to my favorite part of DHS!
IMG_7109.jpg

The new sign has indeed grown on me :inlove:
IMG_7110.jpg

Miss. Piggy in all her glory!! I was so glad this was back (even if the other characters were missing)

We finally made it back to PizzeRizzo. When this was Pizza Planet, my family and I always ate here!! I literally cannot go to another QS place in DHS... I love it that much... and I know, I know, the pizza isn't anything special but it's one of the last (if not the last) place on property that you can get this kind of pizza!!! Haters gonna hate LOL
IMG_7114.jpg

We both got the cheese pizza, I got a coke and Daniel grabbed a bottle of water.
IMG_7115.jpg

Why am I doing this to myself when it's lunch time??? :hungry::inlove:
IMG_7117.jpg

We ate with a view! It was too nice outside to sit inside.
IMG_7118.jpg

I also LOVE the theming here :hilarious:

We ate everything... nothing was left behind :angelic::angelic:
Then we went to watch my FAVORITE 3D show!!!

:inlove:
IMG_7121.jpg

Did I mention we had amazing timing this trip?? The show was 2 minutes away from starting when we walked in.

It was as funny as always and I loved seeing Daniel's reaction to the water spraying and the cannons. He said it was so cool and that he really has never seen anything like it. I was starting to think that maybe he was becoming a Disney monster like me... ;)

Then we had a FP for Star Tours so we headed over there.
I don't even really like this ride because it always makes me sick (LOL) but I heard they were playing the new scenes from The Last Jedi so I wanted to see!!

I LOVED The Last Jedi so I was very happy to find that what I heard was true!! It was so awesome. You even land on Batuu which is the planet that Galaxy's Edge is on!
IMG_7122.jpg
IMG_7123.jpg

Daniel isn't as big of a fan as I am but he still thought it was cool!

After our trip far, far away, we decided it was time for a snack (yeah I know we just had lunch.. don't judge)
IMG_7124.jpg

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Next Up: A Magic Kingdom Night!

becca_

Original Poster
Day 2 continued:
IMG_7125.jpg

Have you ever seen anything more beautiful in your life!?!
Daniel agrees that they are NOT overrated!!

After our snack, we saw that the Star Wars show was going on again so we watched from the back side (which is a tip I learned from Tim Tracker). If you wait until the end after the fireworks, the characters exit through the back. A Storm Trooper walked right past me and said, "Get out of the way" hahaha it was so cool! If you have little SW fans, this is an awesome way to see (not meet) characters up close!

Then I noticed TSMM was up and running so we headed over there. The line. was so. LONG!!!!!!!
I attributed this to two factors; one was that they had been closed this AM so the FP was backed up and two, the 3rd track had been closed in preparation for TSL opening, so the waits were like 2-3 hours all day long. I think even with our FP we waited like 20 minutes before getting on :banghead:
IMG_7129.jpg
IMG_7134.jpg
IMG_7135.jpg
IMG_7136.jpg

Not my best but hey I was best in vehicle so that counts right? ;)
I *may* have had an unfair advantage with it being Daniel's first time and the fact that we were playing against two 7-year olds but let me have this moment!! :hilarious:
IMG_7137.jpg

We then made our way out but stopped for a few more pictures!
IMG_8457.JPG

He can't ever keep his eyes open in the sun :rolleyes:
IMG_8455.JPG
IMG_8453.JPG

:inlove:
IMG_7138.jpg

I will say - even though half of DHS is "under construction" we still had a great day here and some of my favorite attractions are at DHS! I don't think I could ever skip it on a trip!! I love the theme and I can't WAIT to get to GE & TSL!

Up next: MK!

becca_

Original Poster
Day 2 con't:

This was the only day that we had to really wait for a bus. But it was okay since it was like 75 outside and I was in shorts - sorry @21stamps - it felt so nice to TAN!!

So we got back to our room and changed. We didn't stick around for too long.
IMG_7153.jpg

We knew it was supposed to get cold later so we packed hoodies/sweater and I packed pants for later on.

We left our room and headed to El Centro to fill up our mugs and then on to MK!
IMG_7158.jpg
IMG_7166.jpg

This resort seriously is SO beautiful!! If you ever get the chance.....

A short bus ride later, we were HERE:
IMG_7169.jpg

Have you ever seen anything more beautiful?!??!?!?!??!?
IMG_7172.jpg

It hit me yet again that we were here and living our own vacation. I wasn't reading anyone else's trip report... I was making my own!!

We walked in and went straight up to the train station platform to do a "first reveal" (if anyone follows BibbidBobbidiBrooke on instagram, she always does this!)
IMG_7178.jpg
IMG_8485.jpg

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
INSTANT. TEARS.

Take me back!!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry: (only 39 days)

We made our way down Main Street and stopped to listen to the band. I can't explain how I felt, it was amazing to know that I was really there and it was not a dream! The band was playing "Let it Go" and even though I hate that song, it just felt right to be listening to that!

We stopped for some pictures before heading to our first attraction.
IMG_7191.jpg
IMG_8472.JPG

I wish we weren't wearing hats LOL.... and I wish I hadn't lost those socks!! They're goofy socks and one of them is now missing.. I think my dryer at home ate it :cautious::cautious:

IMG_7197.jpg

A selfie of course!

It was really windy so I put on my jacket. I was scared it was going to get super cold!! (Spoiler: it did - kinda)
From there, we headed to Tomorrowland for a ride on......

Up Next: more MK!

becca_

Original Poster
MK con't:

IMG_7199.jpg

(Daniel claimed THIS was his favorite land!! I told him he needed to stop saying everything was his favorite :hilarious: )

...the Peoplemover was our first attraction! I couldn't think of anything better to start our MK night off with.
IMG_7201.jpg
IMG_7205.jpg
IMG_7210.jpg
IMG_7211.jpg

Daniel thought it was super cool that we went inside Space Mountain, but he didn't really understand it until I showed him later on the trip where to look... he was looking at the wall and not SM LOL
IMG_7212.jpg
IMG_7221.jpg

From there, we were going to stop at the bathrooms but I noticed Carousel of Progress was letting in for a show and I really didn't want to wait for the next one, so we went in.

Daniel keeps calling it Carousel TO Progress and I cannot figure out why :hilarious::hilarious: Someone please take him!!!!

IMG_7223.jpg

Daniel enjoyed it but he said he had to go to the bathroom so bad he couldn't enjoy it. Oops! :facepalm:

So we headed to the bathroom finally LOL

Then we took a spin on Buzz which was about a 20 minute wait. Daniel didn't understand my obsession when I got handed one of these babies:
IMG_7224.jpg

IMG_8473.JPG

I love this picture :hilarious::hilarious:

Up next: more MK!

becca_

Original Poster
So I’m currently studying for my pharmacology class and we just learned about adverse drug reactions... and the abbreviation is ADR.... and I cannot stop thinking about Disney :hilarious:

Am I insane???? Do I need to go to Disney Addicts Anonymous???
image.jpg

Last edited:

21stamps

It is impossible not to smile when reading your report!

How were the crowds? That photos make it like a perfect amount of people.

becca_

Original Poster
It is impossible not to smile when reading your report!

How were the crowds? That photos make it like a perfect amount of people.
Thank you :) !! and pretty good, except for the last 2 days we really didn't feel the crowds at all (plus the last few days were a weekend so I expected a bit of a surge)
Really loving your TR so far!!!
Thank you so much!
Grand ave looks, dare I say it, GRAND!!

So sad I missed DHS this go around, but can’t wait to see the park in all its new glory! :)
It was beautiful! I'm sure I'll spend more time there when I can actually get a drink LOL

becca_

Original Poster
MK con't:
I whooped Daniel's behind (yeah some can say I had yet another unfair advantage but I'm going to choose not to listen to them)
IMG_7225.jpg

Me ^^ vs Daniel vv
IMG_7226.jpg

After Buzz, we checked wait times and the teacups had a really low time, like 10 minutes, so we decided to go over there.

All of my young life going to Disney, my favorite ride was the teacups. No one would EVER go on with me because they would get dizzy... like hey, that's the point!! My grandma, whenever she came along, would go with me as long as I didn't spin. Then she got older and discovered she had an inner ear disorder so she gets motion sick pretty easily... so I was left to either go on alone or not at all!
FINALLY - I had someone who was not only willing to go on, but wanted to spin!! :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:
IMG_7229.jpg

We laughed until our faces hurt & our bellies ached.
IMG_7235.jpg

We decided to go look around Fantasyland since the sun was setting and I wanted to be able to explore more!
IMG_7244.jpg

For those who don't know, Tangled is my favorite movie - not just Disney. So this area is HEAVEN to me!! Heart eyes all around!!
IMG_7246.jpg
IMG_7247.jpg
IMG_7248.jpg

See those girls?? I wanted to yell at them SO BAD. They were standing on top of a flower garden that was raised (you can see in the previous picture of the area). I know I am not a mother and I know I'm young but jeez, is it really THAT hard to keep an eye on your children?? ESPECIALLY in Disney?? Like cmon.... They're going to either get hurt or hurt someone else. Not to mention that it is obnoxious!! *end rant*

IMG_7249.jpg

I think one of the hidden Pascal figurines is up there!
IMG_7251.jpg

Can you tell I like Tangled yet? ;)

Up next: more MK

becca_

Original Poster
Sorry for the absence of posts this week... school is starting to get CRAZY and its only week 3... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

So we were at MK exploring...
IMG_7255.jpg

It was starting to get cold but not too cold, just slightly chilly.
IMG_7260.jpg

We walked through the castle so Daniel could see the beautiful mosaics!
IMG_7261.jpg

Did you know if you bend down to "kid height" the crown in the background looks like it sits on Cinderella's head? It's pretty cool!!

From there, we headed to dinner! I know, I know, Cosmic Rays really isn't that good.... but it kinda is :hilarious::hilarious:
IMG_7262.jpg

IMG_7263.jpg

We both got chicken nuggets & fries. I also bought a BB-8 sipper because ummmm I needed it??? For $15 it was mine :greedy:
IMG_7264.jpg

The bathrooms are SO nice here... I felt like @Tuvalu being a bathroom stalker :hilarious:

It was here that my right knee started to hurt really bad. I wasn't sure why or anything, it just really really hurt. I was getting kinda nervous since we still had a full trip to go. I took some aspirin and figured it was just from walking so much and it would just go away.

So on we went! First was a stop at Pirates. I took a video of the Redhead cause ya know she's going soon!! I'm happy with the changes honestly, I think it will be a great role model for young girls (not to get too political here!) but I will miss her!!
IMG_7266.jpg

Then we realized it was pretty cool outside and we knew we were going to watch fireworks so we wanted a little bit of warmth, so we headed to Joffree's!
IMG_7269.jpg

The line was pretty long, I think we waited like 20 minutes?
IMG_7270.jpg

We got hot chocolates (I did NOT need another night of no sleep LOL)

So then we headed to go watch Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After!

I really haven't seen OUAT that much but we ended up just watching it because it was time and we didn't want to wait for a spot for HEA and have to push through even more crowds.
IMG_7271.jpg

It was pretty cute but it just doesn't really do it for me!

Up next: Happily Ever After!

becca_

Original Poster
MK continued:

IMG_7273.jpg
IMG_7274.jpg

We watched Happily Ever After from the most perfect spot. I seriously cannot tell you guys enough how much I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! It has created a special place in my heart and I will always love seeing it. I miss Wishes but honestly HEA knocks it out of the park for me. I have cried every single time I have seen it, and this night was no different. I remember I was soooo excited for Daniel to see it. When the narrator says, "Grab hold of your dreams and make them come true, for you are the key to unlocking your own magic. Now go, let your dreams guide you. Reach out and find your happily ever after." Daniel grabbed my hand and squeezed it really tight. I don't know about you but that melted my heart right then and there. I mean, dang this show makes me cry already..... but by the end of the night I looked like this:
IMG_8648.JPG

Big ol' pile of tears. A mess.

After HEA, it was EMH so we headed to Haunted Mansion because it really is so much better in the dark.
IMG_7275.jpg
IMG_7276.jpg

From there, I wanted to go on The Little Mermaid, so off we went.
IMG_7277.jpg
IMG_7278.jpg

I wanted to do the photo op but the line is always SO long!!! :(
IMG_7279.jpg

LOL this picture is so bad!! @prfctlyximprct I am sorry I did that to your poor castle!!!

We ventured under the sea and sang along!! I love this ride even if it isn't the best thing out there!

I forgot this castle selfie earlier so here ya go
IMG_8647.JPG

Up next: More MK!

becca_

Original Poster
MK con't:

After we went Under The Sea, I noticed Big Thunder had a pretty low wait time, so we headed over there. I was thinking of you, @Longers! :)
IMG_7285.jpg

I think it was posted at 25, but we waited maybe 15?
This ride is sooo much better in the dark!!
IMG_7287.jpg

I really am the worst photographer LOL

We then headed over to Space Mountain for our last attraction of the night.
IMG_7290.jpg

I really, really love Tomorrowland. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...... :)
IMG_7293.jpg
IMG_7294.jpg

I believe that sign says 15 minutes, no idea LOL. We didn't wait long, though!
IMG_8477.JPG

I pulled a @Tuvalu and Daniel looked like he was scared out of his mind :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
IMG_8479.JPG

When we got off he was so mad at me for not telling him anything about the ride, I told him he should embrace the element of surprise :p:p

Turns out, Space Mountain is his favorite ride LOL, I'm going to try and get him a SM magic band when I go in March.
IMG_7297.jpg

The park was closing, so we took our time walking out, admiring the beauty of a night on Main Street.
IMG_7298.jpg
IMG_7300.jpg

Good night, beautiful! :inlove::inlove:

Up next: A VERY COLD Epcot morning!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom