Some rides need to be refurbished

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I'm just curious at what rides you think should be refurbished. Whether it's horrible or still a crowd pleaser. Here's my list.

Magic Kingdom

Jungle Cruise
Enchanted Tiki Room UNM (high hopes)
Peter Pan's Flight
Stitch's Great Escape (replaced)
Carousel of Progress
Country Bear Jamboree
People Mover (new soundtrack)

EPCOT

Spaceship Earth (ending)
Ellen's Energy Adventure (primevil whirl scene)
Wonders of Life (refurbished, updated, reopened)
maelstrom (AA's and perhaps a small expansion)
Circle of Life (a new 3D film or AA show)
Imagination Ride (original back)
Imageworks (relocated upstairs)

Hollywood Studios

Sounds Dangerous (refurbished/replaced)
Journey Into Narnia (updated/replaced/narnia meet n' greet)
Backlot Tour (needs some scenes from movies)
Beauty and the Beast (new show)
Voyage of the Little Mermaid (move to fantasyland expansion) )

Animal Kingdom

Pocahontas Stage (replaced/reopen)
Finding Nemo (i love it, but i think it's time for a new show)
Kilimanjaro Safari (new comfortable seats and less bumpy roads) )

- WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

stelledelmare

I've always wished they'd add the "Chocolate Room" scene from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory toThe Great Movie Ride. I agree about the Spaceship Earth ending. I don't know if anything has changed since I went in June of 2010 but I'm not a fan of the screens. Though I know they're not going to get rid of those anytime soon so has any of the surrounding scenery been updated? I do sometimes feel like the Jungle Cruise could use a couple of new things but overall I think it's fine as is. I like CoP how it is; it's really nostalgic for me. It would be great for Malestrom to get an expansion as well. Sounds Dangerous and American Idol need to be done away with in my opinion. Narnia needs to be replaced.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Willy Wonka/Charlie and the Chocolate Factory are not owned/licensed by Disney. If Disney could do that, I'm pretty sure they could've created Harry Potter's world by now.

- WondersOfLife

Patrick_Ears

I agree on some, but not all. As for DAK it's fairly new to all so yeah that park is okay by me. Plus some attractions are being changed or say updated as we speak...

There are some attractions, like the Jungle Cruise, Carousel of Progress, and Peter Pan's Flight that should never be changed.

On the other hand, Stitch's Great Escape, Sounds Dangerous, and Ellen's Energy Adventure need to go.

Also, Finding Nemo the Musical is one of the great theme park shows I've seen, and better than a lot of what is on Broadway. There is no reason it should go anytime soon, unless they stop filling seats, which I don't see happening.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
There are some attractions, like the Jungle Cruise, Carousel of Progress, and Peter Pan's Flight that should never be changed.

Ellen's Energy Adventure need to go

Also, Finding Nemo the Musical is one of the great theme park shows I've seen, and better than a lot of what is on Broadway. There is no reason it should go anytime soon, unless they stop filling seats, which I don't see happening.

I wasn't really considering changing the classics, but with updated animatronics in Jungle Cruise to make them more life-like, and idk peter pan needs SOMETHING new, it's so 70's. Carousel of Progress needs a few new animatronics and a new ending.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, most of us on the boards are not Ellen fans but I'm sure Disney isn't getting rid of the ride anytime soon. Also considering Opra's show closing, Ellen will just be a bigger success later and people love the ride. I happen to think it's a funny entertaining way to explain how energy works.

As far as the Finding Nemo show goes, that is just my opinion. I get bored of almost all the shows after one year, not saying I don't like them.

I originally intended for people to make their own list and have free thoughts. :)

- WondersOfLife

Willy Wonka/Charlie and the Chocolate Factory are not owned/licensed by Disney. If Disney could do that, I'm pretty sure they could've created Harry Potter's world by now.

Most of the GMR scenes aren't owned by Disney, they're just licensed. If they were able to get The Wizard of Oz they can easily get the rights for other big name classic movies, it's just a matter of whether or not they're willing to pay and use more non-Disney movies.

It'd be nice to see something added, either from a more recent movie or another big deal classic.

stelledelmare

Triceratop Spin should also be replaced. We've already got 2 version of it in MK. I know there aren't many exclusively kid friendly rides in AK but it needs to go. In fact I believe that much of that whole area of Dinoland USA needs to be changed up (get rid of the carnival games). AK just needs more rides. I've always been hoping that Animal Kingdom will do the Beastly Kingdom expansion some day. I personally would've adored the Fantasia ride that they were thinking of building for it. But wishful thinking. I think the IJ stunt show should be replaced with the ride.

Spike-in-Berlin

JC is desperately in need of a major refurb. Although I adore it and it is not only the epitomic ride of AL but also one of the major attractions in the entire world, the AAs are terribly dated by now. It wasn't changed since the opening of WDW and it shows. They need new AAs and also more adventure in the ride, it's far to tame. The attack from the headhunters/cannibals could be done much more convincing with modern technology. Because I love the JC I think it definitely needs a refurb and a plussing (e.g. the Piranhas from DL were a very good idea)

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Most of the GMR scenes aren't owned by Disney, they're just licensed. If they were able to get The Wizard of Oz they can easily get the rights for other big name classic movies, it's just a matter of whether or not they're willing to pay and use more non-Disney movies.

It'd be nice to see something added, either from a more recent movie or another big deal classic.

I never thought Charlie/Wonka and the Chocolate Factory had it's Disney magic, like anything not made by Disney... with the exception of rio... :lookaroun

- WondersOfLife

I wasn't really considering changing the classics, but with updated animatronics in Jungle Cruise to make them more life-like, and idk peter pan needs SOMETHING new, it's so 70's. Carousel of Progress needs a few new animatronics and a new ending.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, most of us on the boards are not Ellen fans but I'm sure Disney isn't getting rid of the ride anytime soon. Also considering Opra's show closing, Ellen will just be a bigger success later and people love the ride. I happen to think it's a funny entertaining way to explain how energy works.

As far as the Finding Nemo show goes, that is just my opinion. I get bored of almost all the shows after one year, not saying I don't like them.

I originally intended for people to make their own list and have free thoughts. :)

The Carousel could definitely use a new room/ending, that I will agree with. Part of the charm of the Jungle Cruise has become the lack of moving animatronics, though, at least to me. I wouldn't be against it, I just love it in its goofy current incarnation.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
The Carousel could definitely use a new room/ending, that I will agree with. Part of the charm of the Jungle Cruise has become the lack of moving animatronics, though, at least to me. I wouldn't be against it, I just love it in its goofy current incarnation.

Couldn't agree more! :sohappy:

- WondersOfLife

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom