Some Random Updates:

Rob562

Cell phone towers for Sprint/Nextel, personally I'd rather have them reduce the cell service in WDW so that we can all get away from the annoyence of them.

Park operations use Nextel phones/radios for communication across the property. So in this case, better coverage is a GOOD thing. The cell tower may not even be providing service to public phones, it may only be usable by Disney's own handsets.

-Rob

Rob562

Odd that the plot drawing still had West Street showing up...

Not surprised. The plots on the paperwork dealing with the Spaceship Earth post-show show the Epcot entrance plaza as still being the original planters, and not the LaL tombstones.

-Rob

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Not surprised. The plots on the paperwork dealing with the Spaceship Earth post-show show the Epcot entrance plaza as still being the original planters, and not the LaL tombstones.

-Rob

Even odder - the "Mexico Boat Rehab" paperwork lacks any descriptive of the work to be done. How'd that one slip through? Just "Mexico Boat Rehab"

I think they're on to us.

EchoOfOphelia

I work for Sprint/Nextel Site Development here in Chicago and I just wanted to mention that there isn't a way for "only" the Disney employees to use the service. For example, if they use Nextel two-ways or something, you can't bar Joe Schmoe in the park from using his as well on that tower.

I also agree that cell phone usage in the parks in annoying. We were behind a couple in line for Pirates of the Caribbean for almost 20 minutes and the guy was talking loud on his cell almost the whole time. :brick:

Walt_Disney

Original Poster
it is nice though when you have teens and want to contact them

but those teens are mostly the ones being annoying with them. Only about 4-5 years very few teens and people in general had cell phones and everyone got along just fine without them. I'm not saying they're bad, i just think in places like WDW where there's suposed to be magic, they shouldn't be used unless of an emerency.

disney9752

i had been under the impression thats what rcid was created for so that all of the disney construction & building codes werent subject to the same rules or public scrunity that the rest of orange county has.

clarkstallings

My old manager dislikes the nextel phones because cast members can contact each other individually rather than all communications being on an open channel that everyone else with a motorola MCS radio can hear.

jmuboy

Anyone know when the final phase of the Living Seas rehab (new Turtle Talk theater and relocating Nemo nad Friends exhibit) going to happen?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Anyone know when the final phase of the Living Seas rehab (new Turtle Talk theater and relocating Nemo nad Friends exhibit) going to happen?

My wild guess is by the Janaury "grand opening" hoopla. It really doesn't take too long to do a "module" exhibit (and Nemo has had since what? October?) and Turtle Talk is just seats and a screen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom