Some quick thoughts from our trip

Just got back 8 hours ago from our trip. We absolutely HATE the Fastpass change. The reason we hate it is because the E ticket rides are spaced out so much and the return times conflict with each other. I wonder if this wouldn't be as much of a problem during non-peak times. For now our vote is that we hate it.

On that topic, if Disney is going to enforce Fastpass times, then when are they going to enforce no flash photos, no holding places in line, and no smoking in general areas? Also, I'm going to have a sticker made for our backpack for our next trip that says "Warning: bumping into this person may result in the occasional accidental elbowing of your face".

We can't figure it out, but it just seems to us that people behave better at Universal as opposed to Disney. We can't understand it because I'm sure that many of the same people visit both places. I hardly had anyone bumping into me at Uni, and it seems to be a better experience each time we visit. This saddens me because I LOVE Disney and I've got my wife talked into moving to the area mainly because of my love of the place and the fact that my company has a distribution center down there.

That being said, we've got our trip booked for September, so hopefully things get better on this next trip. Thanks for reading!

TheBeatles

After a bit of scanning, it seems it was TheBeatles speaking to me. If you READ my post, you would see that I DID tackle numerous issues other than the FP change. I tackled all of the issues that TDO doesn't have the cajones to tackle. They don't have the intestinal fortitude to stop the wandering smokers, the flash photographers, and the line skippers.

Sorry if it seemed like I was on the attack. That wasn't my intention.

I'm bored with all of the Fastpass discussion, so I let me annoyance show. I will stop adding fuel to this fire.

the-reason14

To anyone paying attention... they know NYE, Easter, Christmas, and Spring Break are the busiest times of year.

To complain that FP is crowded... during the top 4 periods of the year.. is complaining about the heat in the desert.

There is a big difference between complaining about the obvious and being critical.

Here people are taking a peak peak time of year and trying to apply the conditions observed to FP in general... with a blind eye to the period in question. The crowds during spring break aren't really representative of normal operation.

I've been several times on spring break, and I've never seen the fastpass backed up like it was last week. So many people wanted to gripe about fastpasses before this policy was implemented, claiming the lines were ridiculously long at certain times of the day, well the difference now is you either have to use it at the time or not use it. Back then you could come back whenever and maybe you'd encounter a shorter line.

Ya it's peak time, and ya it's a new policy. At this point I guess it's best to expect the worse and hope for the best.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom