Some notes on DisneyQuest...

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Original Poster
I went to DQ for the first time in about 7 or 8 years.

I've always like DQ but somehow didn't get over there as often as I'd like. I really think Disney had great possibilities with it but for many reasons it never became as popular.

I had a lot of fun doing most of the virtual rides, but the mid 90's era VR headsets are quite painful and heavy to wear...I wish they'd upgrade them...can't be that expensive these days!

I love the Pirates adventure and the Astroblasters are fun as well, but I wish the course were bigger. Overall I think Disney could have done better if they had made it a bit more open and spread out and marketed this as another theme park experience instead of a glorified arcade which most people perceive it as.

I miss the treasure hunting game with the RC trucks under the floor

I have to say those chairs near the cheesecake factory are sooo comfortable...I could spend hours sitting in one of them.

Maybe they'll do some more upgrades, get the latest CGI tech in place and make this place popular.

kc1296426

Who said DQ was never popular? I waited like 45 minutes for one spin on cyberspace mountain.

But hey, disneyquest is a fun place to be at on some nights. I still think of it as a smaller indoor disney themepark.

maryszhi

I miss the one in Chicago. I wish could at least get a store like New York's on Michigan Ave.
i know i miss it to. when i was little , my parents drove us( my friends and i ) downtown after school so we could have fun with out the crowds. i must say it was quite expensive,which led to the demise. i agree with a disney store like the one in nyc but it would be hard to find a spot for it

goofyfan13

I enjoy it it as well, but they really need to look into upgrading the graphics on a lot of the games. I mean, some of them look like they have N64 graphics(Alien Encounter).

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Original Poster
i know i miss it to. when i was little , my parents drove us( my friends and i ) downtown after school so we could have fun with out the crowds. i must say it was quite expensive,which led to the demise. i agree with a disney store like the one in nyc but it would be hard to find a spot for it

But actually it isn't that expensive when I compare it to Gameworks in Tampa which is just an arcade (and bar) and has no real virtual rides and they charge more if you wanted to be there all day.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
i must say it was quite expensive,which led to the demise.

Not entirely true. What helped it lead it to its demise was the ESPN Zone 500ft away, with many of the same games as DQ. It was poor planning on everyones part. Lack of parking was another issue. Ever try to find a parking spot at Michigan & Ohio? It's awful...lol.

baz212

Maybe on Stae street where Carson Pirie Scott was/is. I can't remember when it closes/ed.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Maybe on Stae street where Carson Pirie Scott was/is. I can't remember when it closes/ed.

Virgin MegaStore on Michigan and Ohio is closed to... dunno if anyone is occupying the space yet though. It would be great for a huge Disney store.

Adventure

We went for the first time last October and loved it. Does anyone else notice the odor in the VR helmets? I know a cm wipes them down after every use, but maybe they need to be sprayed like bowling shoes. Other than that I think we'll try to make a stop there on most trips now.

Fun2BFree

I had a lot of fun doing most of the virtual rides, but the mid 90's era VR headsets are quite painful and heavy to wear...I wish they'd upgrade them...can't be that expensive these days!

Amen! When I played 'Ride the Comix', I couldn't get my POV off the floor. And it wasn't even a well-rendered floor neither!

cococola44

We went for the first time last October and loved it. Does anyone else notice the odor in the VR helmets? I know a cm wipes them down after every use, but maybe they need to be sprayed like bowling shoes. Other than that I think we'll try to make a stop there on most trips now.

yup :hurl:

EPCOT.nut

i got dizzy there on the aladin one...the helmet was painfull and it made me dizzy.

YES the Aladdin VR made me feel sick, too. I'd take off the helmet and sit there, and put it back on and instantly felt sick again...!

I enjoy it it as well, but they really need to look into upgrading the graphics on a lot of the games. I mean, some of them look like they have N64 graphics(Alien Encounter).

I didn't notice but I still play my Atari. :lol:

I love the floor with the Retro Games... :)

That was the whole reason I went to DQ. Just getting to play Missile Command with the track ball was worth the admission. It has literally been over 20 years since I have seen on of them! :dazzle:

Yes - I was thinking also how many people with headcolds were using them??? I'm not germ-phobic - or not normally - but this kind of grossed me out. For some reason I thought they would just be goggles, not headgear that kept slipping down over my nose....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom