Some helpful Fastpass+ tips you might not know about

EvilQueen-T

I've done fp+ several times but haven't done them as far out as the 60 day mark (only because we took a few last minute trips) but can you make your fp+ choices just after midnight or do you have to wait until morning like with dining adrs?

cw1982

I've done fp+ several times but haven't done them as far out as the 60 day mark (only because we took a few last minute trips) but can you make your fp+ choices just after midnight or do you have to wait until morning like with dining adrs?

Your window starts at midnight of whatever day it starts... and that's EST ;)

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Sorry to bump my own thread, but I feel that this thread answers a lot of questions that keep popping up in this forum.

cw1982

I posted this on another thread, but I thought more people might see it here. FYI:

-When a ride is down during your FP+ window for that ride, the FP+ is automatically converted to a floating FP+ that can be used any time of the same day at the same park, either for that attraction or a different one. At MK or AK, it can be used for just about anything at the same park (AK had a few limitations, but it was all things I wouldn't want to use a FP+ for anyway, like meeting Mickey and Minnie). At HS and Epcot, you may be limited to using it for attractions in the same tier (not sure).
-You can still get a 4th FP+ while you have the floating one on your account, so don't blow the floating one on something that has plenty of times open already! Save it for the ride that went down or use it on another top priority. DH and I did this at AK with no problems.
-Just like a 4th FP+, you can use it to re-ride something that you have already used a FP+ for. I confirmed this with multiple CM's at AK... they all said it was valid for "any attraction except x, y, and z" (which were named specifically and I don't remember what they were, but again, they were nothing I was upset about not being able to use them for lol)

-Important: If this happens, do NOT show up for another FP+ attraction too early and try to get in before your window. If you do, the system thinks you are using your floating pass and it disappears.
-Important: While you have a floating FP+ on your account, be very careful to only touch your MB to the sensor once when using other FP+'s. DH accidentally let his touch Mickeys for too long, and the system thought he was riding Kali River Rapids twice. They were able to fix it at a kiosk, but it's an unnecessary hassle if you're aware and are careful to start with.

Also: you don't have to do anything at all to use the floating FP for a different attraction. Just show up at whatever attraction you choose (same or different), tap bands, and go.

dixiegirl

Am I the only one who says to themselves "am I ever gonna get all this "?....Tommorow we'll be able to start booking our FP+ passes, and well I still feel like I need all the info I can get..and just when I think I have a pretty good idea, more info comes my way, lol..Good info may I say BTW but more, lol...

MOXOMUMD

Am I the only one who says to themselves "am I ever gonna get all this "?....Tommorow we'll be able to start booking our FP+ passes, and well I still feel like I need all the info I can get..and just when I think I have a pretty good idea, more info comes my way, lol..Good info may I say BTW but more, lol...
Sometimes my mind feels absolutely boggled by it too. :)

afm81986

Ok so I am a first timer and I have a few questions I am hoping someone can help with...

If you have a FP is there really NO waiting? Or if there is waiting, what is the typical time frame? I am trying to plan out how long it will take us to ride a ride so I can plan how long it will take us to get to the next ride...

Also, has anyone done the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique? I have an 8AM reservation for my 8 year old and then a 9:05AM reservation for the Cinderellas royal table breakfast. The reservation lady seemed to think we would be fine saying that it only takes about an hour and its "just right across the way" from the royal table but then I've seen some people saying to arrive to the royal table a half an hour early...is that really necessary? Right now only a 10:15 reservation is left and I don't want us to be starved and bored with my princess all done up and nowhere to go for an hour but I don't want us to miss our reservation by cutting it so close. Does it really take an hour for the bibbidy bobbidy boutique? And about how long would you say it would take us to walk from the BBB to the CRT?

Also, we are staying at the port orleans riverside resort and are wondering how long it will take us to get to MK and into the boutique, if our reservation at BBB is at 8 what time do we need to leave our hotel room to catch a bus? man my head is spinnning from the planning...

disney4life2008

Tip number 1 is great but this is really beneficial for those with android and iphones. I have tried to manage fp+ and MDE on my windows phone and its terrible. Right now I have all my FP+ reserved from park opening back to back so I can use the 4th. I am limited to the kiosks. Am I missing something - if there a windows all? is there a windows mobile friendly MDE website?

cw1982

Tip number 1 is great but this is really beneficial for those with android and iphones. I have tried to manage fp+ and MDE on my windows phone and its terrible. Right now I have all my FP+ reserved from park opening back to back so I can use the 4th. I am limited to the kiosks. Am I missing something - if there a windows all? is there a windows mobile friendly MDE website?

The only website I know of is the MDE site. It does have a mobile version. I used it more easily than I did the app for FP purposes.

ETA: I have a droid phone though... so what I just said may not have helped.

disney4life2008

The only website I know of is the MDE site. It does have a mobile version. I used it more easily than I did the app for FP purposes.

ETA: I have a droid phone though... so what I just said may not have helped.

I just tried it on my windows phone. I got the mobile version of MDE to load. But the FP+ site took forever to load (but that may be the case for everyone) but the text was very garbled but understandable only because I know the desktop site very well. I will try to work with the site in August otherwise I can do the kiosks - unless I happen to get an android for my birthday in july :)

disney4life2008

Ok so I am a first timer and I have a few questions I am hoping someone can help with...

If you have a FP is there really NO waiting? Or if there is waiting, what is the typical time frame? I am trying to plan out how long it will take us to ride a ride so I can plan how long it will take us to get to the next ride...

Also, has anyone done the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique? I have an 8AM reservation for my 8 year old and then a 9:05AM reservation for the Cinderellas royal table breakfast. The reservation lady seemed to think we would be fine saying that it only takes about an hour and its "just right across the way" from the royal table but then I've seen some people saying to arrive to the royal table a half an hour early...is that really necessary? Right now only a 10:15 reservation is left and I don't want us to be starved and bored with my princess all done up and nowhere to go for an hour but I don't want us to miss our reservation by cutting it so close. Does it really take an hour for the bibbidy bobbidy boutique? And about how long would you say it would take us to walk from the BBB to the CRT?

Also, we are staying at the port orleans riverside resort and are wondering how long it will take us to get to MK and into the boutique, if our reservation at BBB is at 8 what time do we need to leave our hotel room to catch a bus? man my head is spinnning from the planning...

Depends on the attractions in terms of wait time but in most cases it will be "little to no wait" meaning about 15 or less. I think bus transportation from the resorts start an hour and half before park opening but I am not sure.

momof1princess

@afm81986 I can only answer one of your questions, but BBB is right next to the entrance of CRT, you don't need to figure in any travel time in between. Hopefully someone else will chime in with the answers to your other questions.

dadddio

Also, has anyone done the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique? I have an 8AM reservation for my 8 year old and then a 9:05AM reservation for the Cinderellas royal table breakfast. The reservation lady seemed to think we would be fine saying that it only takes about an hour and its "just right across the way" from the royal table but then I've seen some people saying to arrive to the royal table a half an hour early...is that really necessary?
I think that you'll be fine, but I would go ahead and mention to the CM at BBB that you have a 9:05 CRT reservation.

eljefeasu

Currently planning first trip with the new Fastpass+ system for September.

Question about the tiers in DHS and Epcot. Let's say I only sign up for FP+ for a Tier 1 ride (and not for any Tier 2 rides). Once I use that Fastpass and go on that ride, like TSMM, would I then be eligible to sign up for another Tier 1 ride? Or do I have to sign up for all 3 FP+ (One Tier 1 and Two Tier 2) and use all 3 before I'm eligible to get another Tier 1?

cw1982

Currently planning first trip with the new Fastpass+ system for September.

Question about the tiers in DHS and Epcot. Let's say I only sign up for FP+ for a Tier 1 ride (and not for any Tier 2 rides). Once I use that Fastpass and go on that ride, like TSMM, would I then be eligible to sign up for another Tier 1 ride? Or do I have to sign up for all 3 FP+ (One Tier 1 and Two Tier 2) and use all 3 before I'm eligible to get another Tier 1?

No. The only way to get more than one tier one fastpass is by using your first three and getting your fourth one at a kiosk. The fourth and subsequent ones can be any tier, but the tier restrictions are in place for the first three no matter what.

sjhym333

Not sure if anyone has shared this but if you use a FP+ selection for parade viewing in the MK and the parade is cancelled due to weather, there is a CM there with a tablet who will give you back the FP you used and book you another attraction.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Not sure if anyone has shared this but if you use a FP+ selection for parade viewing in the MK and the parade is cancelled due to weather, there is a CM there with a tablet who will give you back the FP you used and book you another attraction.
I don't think this is accurate or may have been a one time thing.

What generally happens if the attraction you have a Fastpass for becomes unavailable, your Fastpass is automatically converted into one you can use at an attraction of your choice out of a list, one use, any time until the park closes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom