Some Ask if the Disney Magic Is Slipping (NY Times article)

KingOfTheCastle

I think there has been a major decline in customer service all across the board in most companies. I think it's more noticable at Disney because, well, it's Disney. We've come to expect the best and lately....not so much.

Of course you still always have the best chance of "wow" moments at Disney. Even a miserable grump like me enjoyed a few of these moments during my bad stay in May. For example....

We were on our way back to Riverside and a cast member was riding with us. He struck up a very pleasent conversation including giving us some history. When he went to exit he gave us some wonderful media material (posters, ect..) that only cast members would get. You could tell this guy loved working for Disney.

Another time we were at Epcot getting pictures with the characters from the bus. While I was kneeling getting a picture of our daughter, the sheriff from Robin Hood atempted to hold me down. At first I was like, "?", but then I couldn't help but have a goofy smile on my face for some time after.

However there is a difference between "wow" moments and what you expect as far as cleaniness and CM attitude. Our room and the hotel were up to standards, but the park bathrooms were terrible. I think that this was because they got swamped at an unexpected time. As far as CM attitudes go...well, that's what you get when you hire punk kids of this generation.

I also couldn't agree more that guests don't make things easy. I still can't believe people can be so nasty. I lost count at how many people just threw there trash on the ground instead of in the can that was less than a foot away. Plus you have to wonder what people do in these bathrooms....(shudders).

Who knows, maybe we'll start seeing changes for the good instead of for worse. Disney is showing it's age and maybe some changes are in order. Time will tell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom