Some activity heating up for EPCOT's 30th...

RedFurredCadet

Original Poster
Here's one little rumor, which apparently was confirmed from an news Link, and it's to do with Test Track's overhaul starting after Easter. Here's an excerpt from the supposed rumor:
The new ride-thru attraction that Disney is in talks with GM to fund would involve new vehicle bodies for the Test Track vehicles designed not by Imagineering but rather GM’s own design, research, and development unit. Upgraded interiors and new electronics and show elements (screens, etc..) would be the fruit of this collaboration. For the ride scenes the pavilion would become a sort of hybrid version of the original World of Motion and the current Test Track attraction, detailing vehicle design, production, fabrication, and testing with a nod toward its history and the future. Apparently currently iterations of the design have a distinctly forward-looking emphasis with grand splashes of futurism to boot.

But that's not all: another rumor recently planted from *groan* Micechat, and it's posted on a pin trading forum under the name Merryweather, in which the supposed rumor goes:

EPCOT's 30th Aniversary (October 1st, 2012) is said to be the reason behind a rumored push for a new country at World Showcase. The pavilion is said to be Spain, and would be located between France and Morocco. Tied to this is buzz that there will be an expansion of the Japan pavilion (could this include a ride?), an update/upgrade of Future World's Universe of Energy, and a replacement for the old Wonders of Life.

Now this is only a small scale rumor, so we don't know what's going to happen after that. All that I know is, I can't tell if Buzzy's getting a foreclosure notice, or probably something else. But these two rumors... hmmm... worth pondering about.

jtizzle1023

i understand 30 years is a big number but just like the magic kingdoms 40th its nothing to go all crazy about. I don't think anything will be done for the purpose of the 30th anniversary. If anything is going to be done it will be because some attractions need some work or upgrades

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Here's one little rumor, which apparently was confirmed from an news Link, and it's to do with Test Track's overhaul starting after Easter. Here's an excerpt from the supposed rumor:

But that's not all: another rumor recently planted from *groan* Micechat, and it's posted on a pin trading forum under the name Merryweather, in which the supposed rumor goes:

Now this is only a small scale rumor, so we don't know what's going to happen after that. All that I know is, I can't tell if Buzzy's getting a foreclosure notice, or probably something else. But these two rumors... hmmm... worth pondering about.

There's an ongoing thread about the TT refurb here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=4681025&postcount=1

And Spain has always been discussed (as has Brazil and a host of other nations). But there doesn't appear to be any potential new country for the WS right now. Spain in particular couldn't really afford it, unless Disney obtained a sponsorship deal with some of the larger corporations from that country.

bstiles

I wouldn't get too excited about these rumors because it takes well over a year to get anything built let alone open and since there is less than a year before the 30th don't count on it.

wdw71fan

You want the honest, hard-nosed truth about world showcase? We'd have a new pavillion by now (being built), if it wasn't for recent politics.

The plan was to have an Egyptian pavillion being built by now, complete with pyramids.. We were very close to the public announcement, and then..... Egyptians started protesting their governement, and the Egyptian government started killing citizens in the streets. (allegedly)...

Not the kind of aura you want surrounding the announcement of a newly planned pavillion..

Sad but true.

WDW Vacationer

All that by next October?! :ROFLOL:

All of those projects sound like the dreams of fans anyway, but there is no way all of those would be completed before, on or around the time of Epcot's 30th.

NewfieFan

All that by next October?! :ROFLOL:

All of those projects sound like the dreams of fans anyway, but there is no way all of those would be completed before, on or around the time of Epcot's 30th.

I was reading it as announced for the 30th... not opening in time for! (I think we all know nothing will be ready for next year... unless it's a new tip board :lookaroun).

These all sound amazing - like, too good to be true! Fun to dream nonetheless...

JWG

I will hope for 1 of these things to happen and believe that none will (except for Test Track of course, that's confirmed).

DonaldDoleWhip

Spain to be located in between France and Morocco? Like, just as in the real world? That's so lame it must be the product of fanboygineering.
Switzerland was apparently planned to go between Italy and Germany, and in real life a body of water separates the UK and France. So it wouldn't be the first time where a pavilion's physical location reflected its location in the real world.

lazyboy97o

Spain to be located in between France and Morocco? Like, just as in the real world? That's so lame it must be the product of fanboygineering.
World Showcase has long been criticized for its organization and WestCOT was to feature the Four Corners of the World, which was organized by geography.

InsiderImagine

Something WILL be completed in time for Epcot's 30th.

Other than the TT refurb...something is about to be started on.

Something will also be announced new for Epcot's 30th. TDO is in the process of bringing back the future to Future World and new additions to World Showcase.

Unfortunately Avatarland took Epcot's main new addition (bc of budget concerns) so the next two minor but still amazing additions will be added first and then the main new addition will be added at a later time.

hpyhnt 1000

Switzerland was apparently planned to go between Italy and Germany, and in real life a body of water separates the UK and France. So it wouldn't be the first time where a pavilion's physical location reflected its location in the real world.

And just like during WW II, the US is surrounded by the Axis Powers (Germany and Italy to the East, Japan to the West).

Any additional announcements for Epcot would be welcomed, from a new World Showcase pavilion to a refurb of Future World to enhancements/additions to IllumiNations. But, considering the source, keep the salt close at hand.

wdwfan4ver

What I know for Future World is Habit Heroes is supposed be coming soon in Interventions, but nothing else outside Test Track refurbishment in terms of stuff confirmed.

I know there has been rumors of Captain EO leaving or potential signs of that attraction leaving, but there is no date yet for Captain EO to close.

Captain EO Merchandise being on clearance could be a sign of the attraction closing in the future. The catch is I don't recall Honey I shrunk the Audience having merchandise in its final years.

The other thing to look at is Captain EO at Disneyland Park Paris has limited operated hours to my understanding. Captain EO is supposed to be replaced at Disneyland and at Epcot, but it is unknown with what for Epcot and when it will happen.

I don't see a new country happening at World Showcase because of cost and the economic situation is in Europe. I have a difficult time to see new additions to World Showcase in terms of attractions either.

_Scar

The poster Merryweather, from another pin site, was merely passing along a rumor she heard on yet another site. This is how rumors get started lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom