Solo Traveler Questions

nthebulln7

Original Poster
Hey all!
So i just booked a quick getaway trip this weekend for my self because I have been working my butt off at school and I need a break. I am traveling solo just to get away for a couple of days. So my questions are....

1. Best places to dine solo?
2. Any hidden things at the resorts I should check out?

Thanks!

Sorry mistake.... Please post this in the trip planning section.... sorry

Passport

Hey all!
So i just booked a quick getaway trip this weekend for my self because I have been working my butt off at school and I need a break. I am traveling solo just to get away for a couple of days. So my questions are....

Thanks!

I have gone to EPCOT by myself many times. The food and wine festival is going on now and the weather has been great.

mickeysaver

I love going solo! It's the best. I prefer to stay at a moderate, at the very least, for my solo trips. I don't know why, but it just seems more relaxed when I stay at a moderate. :shrug: POR is my favorite with CSR right behind that.

Breakfast is my favorite TS meal, not a character meal, but for a meal alone, it's always served me well. Most people are pretty chatty and the day's adventures are just waiting to be explored and that works for me, because I love to run my mouth and people watch. :lol:

I like to pin trade and that gave me lots of chances to talk to CM's and other guests. I never felt lonely. I had moments where I wished my partner was with me, but it was moments, not hours or days. :animwink:

Overall, I think that if you focus on things that you like to do, interests that you might want to explore, and make a plan to include some time just to "be" in the magic, that you will have an awesome time.

krankenstein

I've been solo a couple of times, looking to maybe do it again next March when GSU gives me break. You will be able to take your time and enjoy the parks at your own pass, as well as, doing what you want when you want. I cannot emphasize enough how much you will enjoy the freedom.

Also, make sure you buy the park hopper option. In my experience, you will utilize it more than you would if you went with people.

Next tip, do not be afraid to be out going. Most people will generally be open to talking.

Now, your questions:

1. I like the Biergarten, but only if you are out going. You will most likely be placed with a group of people because the tables sit 8. This will give you a chance to meet and associate with new people.

2. Nothing really comes to mind, but take the time to enjoy the details.

Have fun, I'll be down next week with the rents. Post a trip report so I can know what to expect.

VT GAL

I just got back from a 4 day solo trip and it was AWESOME!!! (I have got to do my trip report!)

I would highly recommended eating at Tepan Edo! The 'show' was great, and was an easy place to be with other people.

As for the resorts, I stayed at Pop because I was more interested in the parks (*cough*rode SSE everyday * cough) than tooling around a resort. Mostly because I get out-voted on rides.

If you are outgoing, you will find that pretty much everyone will talk to you.

I am planning on making this an annual Mommy-Moon, because it was a great opportunity to step back and enjoy the parks at my own pace and also to appreciate what I have at home.

Have a great time!!!!!!

nthebulln7

Original Poster
Thanks for all the tips! Kranken your at GSU too? So am I! But I'm in the Georgia Tech program so I have this Monday off :) WDW here I come!

krankenstein

Thanks for all the tips! Kranken your at GSU too? So am I! But I'm in the Georgia Tech program so I have this Monday off :) WDW here I come!

Yep, I'm a Georgia Southern Grad Student. I was hoping to go in February, but I have stupid practicum next semester! It has pushed my next trip back to March. :brick:

frankd1962

I stayed Pop Century and I loved walking along Memory Lane at night. I was quiet and interesting info along the way.

As for eating, I ate at a lot of the sit down places and enjoyed them all. Sci-Fi Dine-In is a great place to meet other because they will slide you into a family car. The kids at the table were great. 50's Prime Time is nice also and can be fun if your "aunt" or "uncle" is a fun server. Garden Grill was funny for me because I was placed at a family table all by myself. :ROFLOL:

Just go down and have fun. Eat at all the places you've wanted no matter what style of dining.

bgraham34

You can eat at Germany Solo. Its family style seating so you dont know who you will get stuck with. Sometimes its great and other times you wonder why the people at your table even ate in Germany in the first place.

ChrisQ

Hey all!

Thanks!

I've been thinking about a solo trip. Be sure to give us a report on how it went and what you did... Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom