Trip Report SOLO + FOMO = DUO : Oct. '21 trip to WDW

Hello Friends!

I just spent last week in WDW and I'm excited to share another trip report with you all.

Back in August, I planned a SOLO trip to celebrate the 50th as a birthday gift to myself. My birthday is September 21st, but I was celebrating a month later in Disney!

One morning in September, my husband comes home from work (after working the night shift) and says he needs to ask me a serious question. Of course, all kinds of things start flowing through my mind. He proceeds to ask whether I would mind having his company on my trip. That he'd been thinking about how much fun it was going to be, etc. etc, but that if I really wanted to go SOLO he'd understand. I told him I'd love his company, however, it depended on a few things. One, you have to see if you can take vacation. He already handled that. Two, you have to see if flights are still available. Again, that was taken care of. Third, I had to check to see if park passes were available. He went to sleep and I got up to start my day. I logged on to work from home that day and immediately checked and saw that the same park days were available. So, I called Disney, added him to the reservation, scheduled his park days and voila. Since the original plan was for it to just be me, I was only planning on having quick service meals, but now that he was coming I also went ahead and grabbed some reservations. Fast forward to my birthday and we were out having brunch when he asks if it would be easy for us to add an extra day to the trip. When we got home, I called Disney to add an extra day and change our resort. I was originally staying at Movies, but we wanted Skyliner access. We were able to change flights easily as well. Final plans were now in place!

So without further ado, I hope you will all join in as I share our adventures!

Who: Josh and Heather
What: My Birthday Trip and WDW's 50th Celebration!
When: October 25-October 29
Where: Pop Century Resort
IMG_5061.jpg

donaldtoo

Weirdest thing we saw while people watching. There was a family of 5 in front of us. They had 3 small children with the youngest being about 1 years old. You could tell that by the 3rd kid they just didn't care anymore. The middle child was running around barefoot and then the parents would take turns walking the 1 year old around. There were small puddles of water on the ground and the child would get on the ground and start licking up the water. Parents had an extremely delayed reaction to the child doing this each time and would sit and watch him do it for a minute before picking him up. :depressed:

This is the kinda’ stuff that burns my biscuits too.
We raised 3 children (2 girls, one boy) who are now good and responsible adults. We originally planned on having 4, but, middle child (DS) was born 1lb. 4oz., and is special needs, yet still holds down a full-time job at Goodwill.
We never slacked off after our youngest DD was born.
We used to all shop together, and it was my job to handle any “issues”.
One time we were at Walmart and our youngest threw a fit over something we told her she couldn’t have. I gathered her up, kicking and screaming, and headed for the exit.
Once we got out the front door, she started screaming “HELP MOMMY HELP!!!!!!!” You can imagine the looks I got. The little rat…!!!!! :hilarious: 😉 I explained she was my child, my wife was still in the store with our other 2 kiddos, and I was goin’ to the white van (I pointed) to get her to calm down.
Gettin’ her strapped in the car seat was fun, as well as the next several minutes, but, I was not gonna’ subject the other patrons to that meltdown.
Bottom line, she never ever did it again. She knew we meant business.
Funny thing is, our youngest DD is still known as “Aunt Sassy” to our oldest granddaughter (youngest GD is still too young)…!!!!! :hilarious:
If you bring them into the world, you better damn well be prepared to raise them properly. Otherwise, please, don’t even go there.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

I had forgotten all about the sticky floor! :p It's been a number of years since I went there. Anyway, glad to see it's back, and it's amusing that they still kept "Beverly". ;)

By the way, I'm enjoying your TR so far -- lots of great photos and commentary. :)

DWifey and the kiddos think I’m nutso (big surprise :D :hilarious:), but, I’ve always loved the Beverly…!!!!! :hungry:
It’s always been the first one I have, and the last one I take for the road on the way out…!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious:

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
What a pleasant TR! So many excellent photos (animals --OMG, the baby gorilla!; attractions; FOOD!; and, everything else), and interesting / informative, comments. Thank you for sharing your trip with us.

(P.S.: Just wanted to mention that in your Oct. 28th section, the outdoors photos at Pandora -- The World of Avatar, in AK Park, had the most unique sky in the background, that morning!! Wow! Great pictures.) :happy:

Glad that you made it home safely, and now you have wonderful memories of your trip. :)
Thank you!
Watching the sunrise in Pandora was absolutely stunning! The pictures don't even do it justice.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Loved your trip report! My husband loves sushi (and bowling) and I've often thought of Splitsville for him. Reading what you and your husband thought of it really helps.
It was really good. We will go back again. Its perfect for us because we can have sushi and our son can have a pizza.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Thanks for bringing us along 😊

I enjoyed reading about your vacation as much as you enjoying living it! Thanks for sharing.

The baby photos!!! Thanks for sharing your trip, I had fun!

Great TR!! I really enjoyed it! Thanks for taking the time to do it!!

🙋🏻‍♀️

Loved your TR. I had many comments along the way but you are so dang speedy I didnt want to slow you down with my blah blah blah.

So much fun!!! Thanks for sharing all of this and I'm so glad you had such a great time!

Thank you all so much for reading!!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Loved your report! The baby gorilla, omg...my heart :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: Also this makes me want to go to Splitsville again! We went while I was pregnant and I got SO FULL. But it was so dang good.
I know, right?? She was just soooo cute.
I had heard good things about Splitsville, but it still exceeded our expectations.
Thanks for reading!

fractal

I'm pretty sure that we used Genie+ for Pirates after Country Bears and I got a Dole Whip afterwards, but no picture documentation of this. Josh wanted to see Carousel of Progress, so we headed that way.
View attachment 598098

View attachment 598099

I remember our last trip was the first time Josh had seen CoP. I didn't think he'd care for it and thought he'd nap. He tells me on this trip that it's one of his favorite things at MK. He loves the history surrounding it.
View attachment 598100

Next, we decided to take a ride of the Liberty Belle so BACK across the park we went. :joyfull:
View attachment 598101
View attachment 598102
View attachment 598103
View attachment 598104
View attachment 598105
View attachment 598106

We came up to the spot where the fake deer are and I said hey look some deer, but then right in the middle of the fake deer were some REAL deer. They had two bucks play fighting with each other. It was the neatest thing. There were probably about 5 deer all together in the area. Soo cool!
View attachment 598107

Some great pics in this post - cool that you got that deer!

Like I said earlier, Genie+ was useless today. The wait was 5 minutes. We saw lots of animals on the trip, but our tour guide was a speedster. She really zoomed though!

Some safari photos...
View attachment 598510

View attachment 598511

View attachment 598512

View attachment 598513

These dudes were the only thing that slowed our guide down...

View attachment 598514

View attachment 598515
View attachment 598516
View attachment 598517
View attachment 598518

They kept letting her know how they felt about her driving...
View attachment 598519

At first I thought the male lion had a zebra up there!

Loved the baby gorilla photos - thanks for sharing your report - it' getting me excited for another visit!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom