Solo Dining

afavro24

Original Poster
I am flying to meet my family at WDW and will land at 10:00 am. They don't arrive until 2:30 so I will have about four hours (depending on DME schedule) to myself. I am thinking of grabbing lunch. What are some recommendations for places during lunch/breakfast hours? I hear a lot about Polite Pig but was thinking BoG. We are staying at Saratoga Springs if that helps. Thanks!

Schneewittchen

If you're up for some monorail/MK area resort hopping, the quick service restaurants in that area aren't bad. And I love to go shopping there....

I really like the turkey sandwich at Contempo Cafe in the Contemporary. It's been a while, but I've also had decent meals at Capt. Cook's at the Poly. And you can get a Dole Whip for dessert at the Pineapple Lanai. I've never tried the quick service options at Grand Floridian.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I am flying to meet my family at WDW and will land at 10:00 am. They don't arrive until 2:30 so I will have about four hours (depending on DME schedule) to myself. I am thinking of grabbing lunch. What are some recommendations for places during lunch/breakfast hours? I hear a lot about Polite Pig but was thinking BoG. We are staying at Saratoga Springs if that helps. Thanks!
The appeal of The Polite Pig is getting a Butcher's Board and a bunch of different side items and sharing it among many people. It may be my favorite current TS or QS restaurant in all of WDW but I wouldn't recommend it for someone eating solo.

DisneyJoe

If you're up for some monorail/MK area resort hopping, the quick service restaurants in that area aren't bad. And I love to go shopping there....

I really like the turkey sandwich at Contempo Cafe in the Contemporary. It's been a while, but I've also had decent meals at Capt. Cook's at the Poly. And you can get a Dole Whip for dessert at the Pineapple Lanai. I've never tried the quick service options at Grand Floridian.
I usually eat at the Grand Floridian Cafe when I travel solo and have been in that area, I've never had an issue getting in for a lunch

afavro24

Original Poster
I love just about anything at Poly! Maybe I'll stop over there. I am supposed to meet them in Hollywood Studios around 4:30.

Dr.GrantSeeker

I didn't want to start a new thread for this. I will also be dining solo this Friday night and am looking for suggestions for best restaurants and or lounges to go get a drink and some good food. I've eaten most places, but just with other people.

Zé_Carioca

I didn't want to start a new thread for this. I will also be dining solo this Friday night and am looking for suggestions for best restaurants and or lounges to go get a drink and some good food. I've eaten most places, but just with other people.

Is there a particular area you'll be near? Disney Springs is a good option because there is so many restaurants there.

I really love the 4 Rivers food truck, it is just a food truck so it does not have the best atmosphere, but the food is amazing (get the taco cone). You can grab food from there, a margarita from the margarita stand and grab a seat by the pond for a nice relaxing outdoors meal.

The top level of Paddlefish is also a relaxing bar and you can order food from there as well, the view and the atmosphere can't be beat.

If you like fish and chips, cookes of dublin has a nice "pub" atmosphere and a bar so that you can have some Guinness pints with your meal.

There are many other places for a more casual and fast paced meal like D-Luxe, Blaze etc.

danyoung56

I just about always travel alone, but I don't let that slow me down. If I want to drink in a lounge or eat in a restaurant, I do it. Some folks don't feel comfortable eating alone, but it's never bothered me. Do you have park access? If so I suggest dining in one of the many fine restaurants in Epcot, followed by drinks at the Rose & Crown Pub in the England area of the World Showcase. I've done this many times, and will be doing it again in September. Can't wait!

DISR

I'm a fan of Splitsville for variety and quality of casual food. I think Disney Springs is a great option overall considering your location. You may not want to spend a day later in the trip exploring there, so arrival day may be your best chance. Haven't tried it yet, but STK becomes a relatively affordable experiment at lunch.

Dr.GrantSeeker

Is there a particular area you'll be near? Disney Springs is a good option because there is so many restaurants there.

I really love the 4 Rivers food truck, it is just a food truck so it does not have the best atmosphere, but the food is amazing (get the taco cone). You can grab food from there, a margarita from the margarita stand and grab a seat by the pond for a nice relaxing outdoors meal.

The top level of Paddlefish is also a relaxing bar and you can order food from there as well, the view and the atmosphere can't be beat.

If you like fish and chips, cookes of dublin has a nice "pub" atmosphere and a bar so that you can have some Guinness pints with your meal.

There are many other places for a more casual and fast paced meal like D-Luxe, Blaze etc.
I just about always travel alone, but I don't let that slow me down. If I want to drink in a lounge or eat in a restaurant, I do it. Some folks don't feel comfortable eating alone, but it's never bothered me. Do you have park access? If so I suggest dining in one of the many fine restaurants in Epcot, followed by drinks at the Rose & Crown Pub in the England area of the World Showcase. I've done this many times, and will be doing it again in September. Can't wait!

I'll be staying at the BW. Yes, I will have park access. I love Rose and Crown, it is a great spot. Just looking for a new experience as a solo dining. Just a place to relax and chill and have a nice dinner.

Zé_Carioca

I'll be staying at the BW. Yes, I will have park access. I love Rose and Crown, it is a great spot. Just looking for a new experience as a solo dining. Just a place to relax and chill and have a nice dinner.

In that case I think Boardwalk or Epcot might be great!I love the Boardwalk at night. Theres entertainment and many places. You can stop by Abracadabar for a drink and desert at Ample Hills. For food, I like Big River Grille (they have some cool beers too).

At Epcot I would recommend Spice Road, they have smaller plates so you cant try different things alone and if you sit on the patio you have a beautiful view of world showcase.

Dave B

When are you going in Sept, we will be there the 12th - 24th at POP

Dave B

You mentioned BoG, are you going to the parks that day? BoG is fun and a cool place

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom