SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

DManRightHere

Yeah, if they are operating for CMs... and the seal has been broken for guests... I can't see them not letting in small amounts of guests from time to time when they want to run, but there is a void of available CMs.

of course, they don't want mobs just hanging outside the attraction all day either, causing even more rubbernecking. It's a tough balance. Maybe they should go back to the 'dream squad' to draft riders from various points in the park :)

I think this is why they said they will not be operating to guests today. We're giving it another 30 minutes.

DisneyOutsider

I just feel sorry for those CMs.. if all these clogged people start demanding to ride because "others did ride it!".
D:

Well it's kind of Disney's fault. You know that opening the ride even for 10 minutes is going to create a huge buzz around the attraction. If they truly don't plan on doing any more soft opening today, then it seems like a really poor decision on their part.

DManRightHere

I just feel sorry for those CMs.. if all these clogged people start demanding to ride because "others did ride it!".
D:

There was a bit of over excitement when they first let cast members in. They are doing a good job explaining to guests it is only for cast members. 4 costumed cast members and 2-3 supervisors at the entrance.

DManRightHere

A other supervisor just came up, may have been an area supervisor. Said no more guests for today, I believe him for some reason.

Cm's name is matt

Last edited:

DoctorDisney

Well, it is big for the people who are on vacation now and won't be next week and may not return to WDW for a long time.

It akes you wonder what the guest breakdown is for soft opening riders -- seems that locals with APs might be more inclined to just go to the park and camp around the entrance waiting to ride (even though they could definitely ride in a week) while people on vacation probably are less likely to wait around and ignore other things to do since they have more limited time in the parks.

But that's the thing. I don't see how people can rightfully be disappointed in or blame Disney for not having a soft opening during their vacation when the company has explicitly given a specific opening date. There is never a promise of a soft opening.

I asked around this morning around 11:30, there were actually a large number of people in the horde that were waiting around and simply on vacation.

I retreated to Cosmic Ray's to just do whatever.

DisneyOutsider

But that's the thing. I don't see how people can rightfully be disappointed in or blame Disney for not having a soft opening during their vacation when the company has explicitly given a specific opening date. There is never a promise of a soft opening.

I don't think anyone here is blaming Disney for not being able to ride it. For the most part (other than that one crazy lady) we all understand how this works. However, I think it's perfectly reasonable given how Disney typically soft opens large attractions to be HOPEFUL that you'd get to ride. Wouldn't it be nice??

DoctorDisney

Oh, it would be nice...don't get me wrong. Not saying it wouldn't, but again, it can't be expected.

And there are plenty of people emailing me and commenting to me away from this forum that are blaming Disney. I got one email last week that actually said Disney ruined her trip due to 7DMT not soft opening. RUINED, I tell you.

Yeesh.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Does it even matter anymore? It opens in 7 days.

Oh it matters, ...it matters big time! Not really though. More so for anybody who is currently at WDW and leaving on the 27th. I wonder how many people are checking out on the 27th and are straight ed off about it? Lol. (Sorry) Or oppositely, how many people have extended their stay just for this?

Oh, it would be nice...don't get me wrong. Not saying it wouldn't, but again, it can't be expected.

And there are plenty of people emailing me and commenting to me away from this forum that are blaming Disney. I got one email last week that actually said Disney ruined her trip due to 7DMT not soft opening. RUINED, I tell you.

Yeesh.
then don't come back so the lines will be shorter for the rest of us, i have been on property where rides have been down for refurb or broken, it is what it is, there are so many other things to do than focus on the 7DMT

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Yeesh.

That last part is crazy, you should never build you vacation around a single ride. Even doing that with a ride that has been open for years could lead to disappointment.

bhg469

Yeesh.
Disney has ruined many things but that is sad.

DoctorDisney

Just spoke to an Imagineer I know very well as he stands outside of the entrance to the 7DMT. He told me:

"You know how soft openings work...they are 4-5 hours at the very least. This morning was 'load testing' and that was why it went so quick. Rest of the day, Cast Member invitation-only, and still no word on an actual soft opening."

BigTxEars

Yeesh.

Sounds like to me had it not been that then she would have found something else that just ruined her trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom