Sofia the 1st M&G

Bolt

With backdrops being added for Sophia and Jake, I'm guessing this means goodbye to Handy Manny and the Little Einsteins unless the M&G are somewhere else.

Little Einsteins left 18 months ago by the way. Jake has been there since February 2012.

Figaro928

Has anyone actually even seen the show Sophia? My almost 3 year old loves it, but my DH and I really can't stand her watching it. The spoiled princess theme is on over load, the learned lesson is usually weak and there's no educational value. At least Jake counts his gold coins... Plus, nothing of added value for boys. Again, even though my DD likes her, Sophia's show is my least favorite in the DJr line-up.

cba

This is really a lot of all the Disney news these days, Meet and Greets. But I think Sofia is pretty popular among young girls, so it would make sense putting her there.

n2hifi

Has anyone actually even seen the show Sophia? My almost 3 year old loves it, but my DH and I really can't stand her watching it. The spoiled princess theme is on over load, the learned lesson is usually weak and there's no educational value. At least Jake counts his gold coins... Plus, nothing of added value for boys. Again, even though my DD likes her, Sophia's show is my least favorite in the DJr line-up.

I disagree completely. I think the theme and lessons are very strong and would much rather them watch Sofia than Jake. Sofia has thankfully eclipsed Jake in their choice of shows. I will actually sit and watch Sofia with my girls. Cannot say the same for Jake.

FabulousFigment

I disagree completely. I think the theme and lessons are very strong and would much rather them watch Sofia than Jake. Sofia has thankfully eclipsed Jake in their choice of shows. I will actually sit and watch Sofia with my girls. Cannot say the same for Jake.
Completely agree. The main song my daughter has picked up and sings constantly has the lyrics "I can be anything, I can dream anything, look at me, anything" Now, she is 2 so I have no idea if that is exactly how they go, but that is what she has gotten out of the show. I have only seen a few and the one my daughter most watches show Sophia taking a stance against a "boys only" team and joining and winning with persistence. I really like the messages.

Uncle Lupe

Completely agree. The main song my daughter has picked up and sings constantly has the lyrics "I can be anything, I can dream anything, look at me, anything" Now, she is 2 so I have no idea if that is exactly how they go, but that is what she has gotten out of the show. I have only seen a few and the one my daughter most watches show Sophia taking a stance against a "boys only" team and joining and winning with persistence. I really like the messages.

This.

My daughter loves it and I get to listen to the songs a few times a day in the car. I enjoy the songs so much better over other kids music. I'm looking at you Little People songs. I don't mind watching the cartoon with her, it gives her one thing to watch just for fun. It teaches life lessons in a creative way.

Disneykidder

I actually like the show, too. Only Sophia's sister is spoiled, Amber, and even she can be nice. I only have boys but my two little ones enjoy it. I like the songs, too and they have sweet messages.

Figaro928

:p I guess my taste in preschool tv shows is off :p Sophia just for some reason irks me...could be just because I liked OSO and the little einsteins so much better..

SMS55

I read that she has made her debut at meet and greets at Disney's California Adventure and would make her debut later this summer at HS. Has anyone seen her yet? We are going next month and my 2.5 year old daughter loves Sofia. She will freak when she sees her. Her two favorite shows are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Sofia. Thanks

tare

Sofia is doing n greets at dl. She is supposed to start in wdw. I just hope she stays out of all the real princess category. Although my daughter loves her!!

WDWYankee15

Sofia's start date has been pushed back to August 11th.

Is everything still on schedule for August 11th? I had read somewhere that it had been pushed back again to the 19th. Also today someone posted on another thread a CM told his family yesterday that she would be coming in the Fall (For what that is worth ;)).

@kennygman do you have any updated info?

Sofia the first is now meeting at DHS just outside the Disney Junior Live on Stage show in the Animation Courtyard.

Sofia meets in Jake's former location and Jake moved to where Handy Manny used to meet.

Jake has a new backdrop and queue area.

Handy Manny now only appears at Hollywood & Dine character dining.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Disneykidder

This is great news since tomorrow we arrive in WDW and our first stop is DHS. My little ones love Jake and Sophia. They will be disappointed about Manny but they do love the others!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom