Soda price increase at all locations throughout the Magic Kingdom

all i have to say is BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. When a glass of soda costs at the MOST 30 cents for a 20oz, these prices are outrageous. Then again disney gets all their soda for free dont they? They are making money hand over fist.

Oh well what you going to do, if you want a soda bad enough youll buy it i guess lol, I know i would :)

NoChesterHester

A cup of water is free. Anyone can get a drink if they need one.

Soda at my local baseball stadium is $4.00. Soda is not over priced at Disney all things considered. Now $8 for a hot dog, that is another matter.

jt04

The annual soda price increase thread. Like Groundhog Day with Bill Murry. :lol:

Anyway, with fuel prices way up and commodity prices way up I am suprised the increase was not more extreme. :shrug:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The annual soda price increase thread. Like Groundhog Day with Bill Murry. :lol:

Anyway, with fuel prices way up and commodity prices way up I am suprised the increase was not more extreme. :shrug:

The last price change was March 2009, so it's been a while.

boufa

Soda at my local baseball stadium is $4.00. Soda is not over priced at Disney all things considered. Now $8 for a hot dog, that is another matter.

+1

The real cool part is that for a family of 4 on a 7 night stay, I just added about $25 in value to my meal plan! Of course it was free dining, but still.

EnchantedRose

Still cheaper than at the movies

Considering here in NYC a soda at the movies cost you $5, Disney is still cheaper than most places. This past weekend I went to PA & went to Camelbeach (waterpark) & a soda there cost me $3...& that was a small. It does suck when they raise prices - that goes for everything. Is the food overpriced - yeah, but that goes for any theme park. I know it's expensive, but I still find Disney prices for some things cheaper than other places.

WDWLOYAL1971

And after the soda price increase, I'm sure it will be followed with a price increase for food and snacks. Just have to budget a little more.

Scuttle

Not surprised at all. The soda is cheap compared to sporting events or even most sit down restaurants have 2.50 sodas. Where I work sodas are 4.25!

erasure fan1

A long time ago we felt the prices for a bottle of soda or water became crazy. But this really doesnt effect us too much. Since we drive we learned a long time ago that we can just bring a case of water and pop and spend around $10. The biggest plus to doing this is we can bring what we like instead.

devoy1701

A long time ago we felt the prices for a bottle of soda or water became crazy. But this really doesnt effect us too much. Since we drive we learned a long time ago that we can just bring a case of water and pop and spend around $10. The biggest plus to doing this is we can bring what we like instead.

amen! We've been doing this for awhile for our resort...we'll bring a case of soda, 1/2 gallon of milk, and a case of water, and cereal and it ends up saving us about $30-$50 a trip depending on the length when you consider the drinks and breakfasts you are not buying now. :wave:

dave&di

So what, prices are rising all over the world, thats what happens! :shrug: I think I will get over the outrage of the 40c increase by my vacation next Sept! BTW I mainly drink the bottled water!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is more than a 15% increase, equal to at least 5 years' worth of inflation.
Rate of inflation is an indicator of prices as a whole. It really can't be accurately applied to a single product, especially one like soda whose cost is directly tied to the price of a commodity (HFCS and sugar in the case of soda). The price of HFCS went up 9% between 2010 and 2011 and the price of sugar doubled between 2009 and 2010.

Might be off topic and all that, but if this leads to an increase in bottle juices as well it won't surprise me. Considering if you stay at a Disney Resort they try and charge you what $2.75 for a bottle. then you go to a park and they sell you one for what $2 I think the last time I checked. I haven't worked the logic on this, but I guess its lucky when you don't need to worry about the price of juice because it is on the dining plan :)

Tjbirch

amen! We've been doing this for awhile for our resort...we'll bring a case of soda, 1/2 gallon of milk, and a case of water, and cereal and it ends up saving us about $30-$50 a trip depending on the length when you consider the drinks and breakfasts you are not buying now. :wave:

You can save so much money this way. We probably plan only 2-3 meals per 8 day trip anymore. First day of every trip we hit the local wal-mart and then the liquor store and that's a few hundred saved right there. Cereal, ramen, meal bars etc.

This is also one of the reasons I prefer the campground over almost any place else. I have found that it truly enhances your experience if you can take one of the major expenses off the table.

I know the campground doesn't work for some people, but the benefits definitely outweigh the consequences. Even if you only bring a popup/tent.

love disney

Yep, no one likes a price increase, but this is still cheaper than my local movie theater, any sports venues I have been to, etc. Same goes for food at WDW...is it priced more than what it is probably worth? Of course. But it is still on par with other venues. It's not like Disney is gouging us on food and drink expenses for the most part, they are just sticking with (and sometimes lower than) market driven prices. I usually do one soda a day at the parks, the rest of the time take advantage of free ice water, so it's not really going to impact my vacation plans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom