Social distanced Fantasmic coming by February.

twilight mitsuk

Not to brazenly steal from the Tiki Room, but why not a version where the show is the constant, and the audience is moving? Could they craft a 7-minute show that allows for backstage social distancing, and then in the viewing area just thread a massive conga line. When the front of the line gets to the final spot, everyone stops where they are, turns to the stage, watches the 7-minute show standing, and then shuffles off afterward to be replaced by the next conga line. The mini-show could repeat like every 15 minutes.

Not that I think they are actually planning this. Just armchair imagineering.
With an omnimover

gerarar

Premium Member
Fantasmic! is back on the park map in the MDE app, complete with a new look.
7658A49C-626B-4517-A06E-AE6603F99680.jpeg

Sorcerer Mickey looks awesome as always!
92C2DAE5-3D02-422A-A9B3-C93EC0D59285.jpeg

Saw a tweet about it by BlogMickey so had to check it out for myself — this ain’t much, but it somewhat adds credibility for its potential return soon

Attachments

• 94DA0E7E-C963-447F-8FFA-3C3DDFE932FC.jpeg
    94DA0E7E-C963-447F-8FFA-3C3DDFE932FC.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 70

Animaniac93-98

View attachment 521779

View attachment 521781

Saw a tweet about it by BlogMickey so had to check it out for myself — this ain’t much, but it somewhat adds credibility for its potential return soon

Looks like the image of Mickey was taken from the UK/European Blu-ray release of Fantasia

1609635486998.png

Animaniac93-98

View attachment 521779

View attachment 521781

I think it's also an effort to make it clearer where Fantasmic is. The old MGM Studios map had Mickey and the dragon where the show was, with the show description next to it:

1998_holidays_inside2.jpg

The most recent map was more accurate to Google Earth, but a bunch of benches next to a lake and some rocks doesn't mean much if you don't know about the show. Bringing back Mickey and fireworks makes it clearer that...this is where the Mickey Fireworks show is.

Disney Analyst

Perhaps parts from a former DAK nighttime show?

I forgot about that! They definitely have stock sitting around. The cost would be labour to install, and labour for programming. And I would assume they’d need to upgrade some software to integrate them into the show...

CJR

Do whatever you want with the show... Just don't change the masterpiece that is the preshow music.

This shows how long it's been since I've seen the show, did they do away with the DJ? The last time I was there, they had a DJ playing pop music. Wasn't a fan.

I did enjoy the loop before they had a DJ, then again, remember when they had actual entertainers before the show?

Disney Maddux

This shows how long it's been since I've seen the show, did they do away with the DJ? The last time I was there, they had a DJ playing pop music. Wasn't a fan.

I did enjoy the loop before they had a DJ, then again, remember when they had actual entertainers before the show?
There's no more DJ and no actual "pre-show" now. What I'm talking about is they absolutely need to keep the classic early-to-mid 2000's Disney Channel remixes and songs that are played while everyone's waiting for the show to start. It's a huge nostalgia trip and even today are still a lot of fun to listen to. Thankfully, in recent weeks while the Fantasmic queue has been used for ToT's extended queue, they have been testing the music and it's still the remixes.

gerarar

Premium Member
Maybe it'll just be one CM in a Mickey Costume doing interpretive dance during projections and a few fireworks!

It will be renamed: Distancic!
I mean sure!
They can also run the rain version of the show, A Taste of Fantasmic!.
It doesn’t require much of the cast members in close quarters backstage and it’s less than 15 minutes long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom