soarin

JackSkellington

Why would the soarin' have the same visuals of California. There is absolutely no resemblince between FL, and CA. Disney will probably change all the visuals.

xfkirsten

Originally posted by JackSkellington
Why would the soarin' have the same visuals of California. There is absolutely no resemblince between FL, and CA. Disney will probably change all the visuals.

Nope. Initially it will be the same film as is currently being used at DCA, with the exception of that final shot.

-Kirsten

the_rich

Originally posted by DarkMeasures
It's due to budget issues....

maybe it's because florida doesn't have any distinct landmarks. while california has mountains, the golden gate bridge, etc...

General Grizz

Shouldn't even be about Florida. Should have to do with the Land, instead of a particular state, and not man-made landmarks that kinda kill symbiosis.

xfkirsten

Originally posted by General Grizz
Shouldn't even be about Florida. Should have to do with the Land, instead of a particular state, and not man-made landmarks that kinda kill symbiosis.

I'm with ya all the way on that one!

-Kirsten

Sir Hiss527

The video will not change except for the end, cause there's nothing really here in Florida, like major landmarks wise, except for Kennedy Space Center.

cloudboy

I realize that it was a publically funded thing and all, but... why couldn't they use something from the Over America series? That was the one that PBS did where they had the aerial footage of whatever region the PBS station was in - mostly state by state, but in some cases it was by region.

That, and there is a ton of Aerial footage in Imax. It would be interesteing if they picked up a couple of those and had different versions throughout the day.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`m not sure, but there is the possibility IMAX (regular Imax screen) and OMNIMAX (Soarin screen) footage is different... don`t they shoot OMNIMAX anamorphically?

JackSkellington

All I have to say is that it is still gonna be a great ride. However I think it will be weird to see stuff from CA, on the ride. Some things really are not religated to CA. Like the F-16 flight, but the Golden Gate Bridge, now that is another story. (Did you know that paint crews continually paint that bridge. Once they finish they start all over again on the other side.) Maybe Flordia people could help fund a new set of visuals for the ride.

cloudboy

Is Soarin actually Omnimax?

I forget the exact differences, I do know that Omnimax is rotated 90 degrees so that the image size can be larger. I don't know if the Omnimax system can be rotated to play Imax.

I am sure that the fottag could be converted, although I would doubt then it would have the resolution to stand up. But there are also some decent Omnimax films out there, too.

Perhaps they could run their standard film, and then on special occasions screen a good Omnimax Film from the museum series. Didn't they have one on thrill rides?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Back to the Future is Omnimax too. As were the theatres in Horizons (R.I.P.) Imagine - an attraction that had TWO omnimax screens side by side as a small part of the ride, and Soarin` has one screen per theatre and that IS the ride!

cloudboy

Oh man - now you have me missing World of Motion again.

That may be what they should do with Body Wars. Take off the top of the simulator, put it in a domed screen room and run Ominmax films in there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom