Soarin' wait time

satchamo

3 hrs no, but it is by far one of the best rides at WDW. We always ride this one multiple times a trip (in one day we rode this 6 times and still had three FP that we gave away).

For those who have never rode this ride, you are missing something great.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
3 hours to watch a short film of butt-joined together clips?

I rather play the score on my iPod and take a flight to the real CA. You can almost get there in that time!

jeff59rt

This just proves that WDW as a whole doesn't have enough rides. When only one other ride is closed the other rides will have unacceptable wait times. Wait ten or twenty years to add rides when in that time you have only built hotels this is the end result. But we can fix it by making ride reservations 180 days out.

Laura

Premium Member
I have never understood the love for Soarin'. You sit on a suspended chair and watch a movie on a poor quality screen with people's feet dangling in front of you. It has good music and good smells, but I can play the music and hang an air freshener in my car and have the same experience. What's so great about it?

I can't imagine willingly waiting in line for over 10 minutes to ride it.

Laura

Premium Member
3 hours to watch a short film of butt-joined together clips?

I rather play the score on my iPod and take a flight to the real CA. You can almost get there in that time!

Exactly. :lol:

(Though I do have the luxury of having nearly all the places in the film within a 3 hour drive of my house :lookaroun)

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I have never understood the love for Soarin'. You sit on a suspended chair and watch a movie on a poor quality screen with people's feet dangling in front of you. It has good music and good smells, but I can play the music and hang an air freshener in my car and have the same experience. What's so great about it?

I'm seeing a trend here. You hate all good rides.

the-reason14

This just proves that WDW as a whole doesn't have enough rides. When only one other ride is closed the other rides will have unacceptable wait times. Wait ten or twenty years to add rides when in that time you have only built hotels this is the end result. But we can fix it by making ride reservations 180 days out.

This!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Indeed. When the UoE closed for Ellen and got delayed, along with Motions overhaul to Test Track, knowing the park was under capacity they actually brought Horizons out of retirement ( and disproved the sinkhole theory) to take up the slack- and they had WoL still open and a full Imagination pavilion too.

Over 15 years later and they haven't learnt the lesson.

Victor Kelly

For Disney, anything over a 20 minute to 30 minute wait is a no go. For places like Hershey park for the major coasters we will wait from 45 minutes to an hour max.

Californian Elitist

You know I've noticed some Californians not going goo-goo ga-ga over SOC, one of them me. It's a fun ride and all but I don't think it's something to drool over. I think it's the fact that it's home and we see these places everyday.

DisneyDebNJ

I am at the parks this week and today I visited Epcot. We arrived at park opening to get a fast pass for Soarin' and were successful. It was down for around 40 minutes right when we got into the line to use our fast passes and the standy by wait time went up around 200 minutes! Seriously! I am not upset that the ride broke down but holy moly a 3 hour wait... Is that ride even worth it to you guys? Just wondering. :shrug:

I have to agree, to spend time waiting for one ride for 200 minutes plus, is a bit extreme, but if after months of planning, a family visits Disney, looking for one particular experience, come H**L or high water attitude, wants to ride a certain attraction, all we can say is, if they want a pic of them waiting in line, we can oblige!! But I am with you, I would find other experiences to enjoy and check back periodically. :wave:

AswaySuller

Soarin' always seems to have a ridiculously long line... We went in April last year and walked on most things yet soarin' still had a 2 hour wait.

I like soarin' but it's no way worth any more than about a 45 min wait!

Needless to say we got a FP.

jensenrick

I Love Soarin', but there's no way I'd wait over an hour for it. That's why I've only ever ridden it by Fastpass.

There's only one ride I'd wait over an hour for- and it's not at a Disney park, sad to say.

Annielkd

With Test Track down and Kim Possible getting transformed...it appears our June trip will have long Soaring wait times... we'll have to run and get FP at opening and maybe just go in the standby line as soon as the park opens..

I was there the first day that test track was down and expected the same thing. I was surprised that the lines weren't even longer. It was pretty much the same as it always was.

Thrill

Not worth it. Soarin' is an okay ride, but I've been on it plenty of times, and since it's a pretty simple ride, it gets old fast. To be honest, I'd probably hesitate to wait 20 minutes for it.

SMS55

On a weekend like this the wait will go past 2 hours. Yesterday the wait was about 140 minutes. No way I would do that. I was there for about 15 minutes waiting for my wife while we did our baby swap. On my last trip we skipped it because we got to EPCOT after spending the morning at MK, and all fast passes were distributed. Even during slower times of the year I've never seen the wait less than 80 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom