Soarin' Times (Hours)

downwitheisner

MickeyMan101 said:
The man who plays Cronk in Emperor's New Groove is the voice you hear.

Was Cronk the one played by David Spade? :( I don't think I can take him any more after those annoying credit card commercials. :cry:

EDIT: The good ol' IMDB answered my question. Patrick Warburton the whole way then!

dzne4eva

I rode it the 17th around 6:30, dead center B1. I just kept telling anyone who would listen how awesome the ride is. The 2 feista margaritas I had prior to riding probably helped too. :p It rained hard all day and the CM mentioned we were the second group to ride. Can't wait to go back and see it again.

Brooke

I was at EPCOT yesterday and I didn't get to ride it. I went over there but I wasn't there at the right time I guess. But I've been on the one in California already so I can wait a couple more days. I'll have to try back at these times!

Number_6

downwitheisner said:
Was Cronk the one played by David Spade? :( I don't think I can take him any more after those annoying credit card commercials. :cry:

EDIT: The good ol' IMDB answered my question. Patrick Warburton the whole way then!

Does nobody read my posts?(he said in a joking, sarcastic tone) I gave his name and every thing... ;)

PeeplMoovr

I was at EPCOT much of the afternoon yesterday (Saturday), and during those times, but I didn't see that it was open at all. I did see a CM walking through the park at one point with a Soarin uniform, but never did see them taking people in. I was hoping to get a chance to see how it compared to DCA's Soarin.
Oh well. Maybe next week.

Thanks for the time updates.

t3techcom18

Number_6 said:
I rode today around 2PM as well. Loved the ride, loved the theming. Got confused when the "Battlestar Galactica" theme was playing in the queue. Told my wife that I better not get attacked by Cylons, or I'd be annoyed :D Rode in section B1. Laughed when I saw Patrick Warburton as the pre-show host. My kids went absolutely nuts for the ride and want to go back again to ride it. Also had the chance to see Cinderellabration at MK and my kids rode IASW with my wife(but they say the sound crapped out halfway through so all the kids on the ride provided the soundtrack the rest of the way :lol: )

Umm...I don't want to be a bother here, or are oyu talking about the new version of Galactica or the old version? If they were playing the new version...that's just weird. The new music is pretty dark, considering that Soarin' is just hangliding ride and nothing that happens along the way that you meet some bad guy...

ToTBellHop

You might think Future World closes at 6 pm because it did in 2002, during the post-9/11 tourism drop that also caused World Showcase to not open until noon, but that ended at least two years ago. SSE stays open until 9 pm because it's right at the entrance, so people will trickle in right up to park close. I remember when they used to have Test Track open until 10 pm each night, though I am fairly sure that has ended. Yes, Soarin' will be part of Extra Magic Hour, though I don't think it's replacing anything.

Lexxweb

Holy mother of god this is awesome! I finally get to go on Soarin' (Im going this weekend to Disneyworld) Now I have to reschedule my entire trip so I can ride soarin' cant wait. Havent been this excited to ride a ride since Mummy!

:cool: Lexxweb

Slipknot

FamilyMan said:
Greetings...

Word from the FamilyMan Labs... (Geek Labs was already taken, LOL)

...is that Soarin' will be open everyday from here on out, pending CM shortages and weather. (If it's raining, Soarin' will be closed.)

Soarin's hours are everyday from somewhere between 3 and 4 pm to 7pm as long as enough guests want to ride. As long as there is a steady stream of guests, they'll keep it open till 7. Otherwise they'll close up early.

Testing is currently undergoing, and they're working on the fire alarms. Guests are being instructed to ignore the alarms, as they were being tested. Oddly enough, the alarms only go off while you're in line, not in the actual ride rooms. Go figure. LOL

Anyway, those are the hours ya need.

Take care!

It wasn't open yesterday at all. :( Oh, and from what I heard, today didn't look good either.

EEhunter

Static-X said:
It wasn't open yesterday at all. :( Oh, and from what I heard, today didn't look good either.

Sorry to disappoint those of you who can't make it during the week, but as of right now Soarin will not be having previews on the weekends anytime in March, so you'll have to wait until next month. For now they are just cycling the ride empty.

Also the reason that they are having guest previews in a different theater from the one the cast preview was in is because they are replacing the screen. For those cast that did get to ride in that theater you may have noticed that you could see a white outline around each panel of the screen. They have to replace it to eliminate that problem.

GymLeaderPhil

Here's the thing:

If there isn't a queue rope set up by the Imagination bathrooms, there won't be any Soarin' Previews on that day. Weekend and holiday previews should not be expected...

I was told by several CMs that during normal preview days, the guided tour will start at 1:00 p.m.

The Soarin' CMs show up at the Cast Member Gate and 'recruit' random park guests to generate a crowd. No photos, videos, cell phone use, etc. If you have anything like a camera, they will ask you to store it away if it is in your hands. There is a heavy presence of CMs on the tour.

Slacking

I was disappointed that there were no previews today. I was unaware that they weren't running previews during the weekend. Fortunately, I've got the week off of work, what are the chances for previews tomorrow? (And yeah, I realize that these things can change rather quickly.)

tn1999

these is also SOARIN signage outside the front gate, near the kennel club. its the kind of signage you wouldnt put up unless the ride was actually open, or else guests would complain (false advertising)

Slacking

Joined the line around 12:40 today (much better use of my time than waiting 145 min. for M:S), and the CM's came out around 1:15-1:30-ish. I rode Soarin' at DCA, but I was very impressed by the queue area, this will be a great addition for Epcot.

downwitheisner

So is it definitely not going to be operating on weekends?
My family is going to be in Orlando next Friday-Saturday, and we only have one day left on our passes. We would rather not go on Friday, because it is the day after our long drive down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom