Soarin Thought.

Beuford

Original Poster
Is it safe to asume that once the whole fly over CA gets old, Disney will be able to create different scenes to go along with the ride. Say a fly over Mt. Everest or into the Grand Canyon.

I think it would be great to change the theme annually just to keep the suspense high during the year as to what would be next, though I am sure this would be economically unfeasible for Disney. Heck they can raise parking prices another buck to finance it.

BeachClubVillas

It would be nice to have "Soarin' Over America," I think. They could visit each region of the country, examining the different aspects of each region. Most people never get the chance to tour the country, so I bet it would be popular. Plus, Disney would be "sneaking" in some education at the same time. :animwink:

octoberbarry

We came out of Soarin' thinking that Disney should 'franchise' the ride, in other words, come up with an inexpensive 'template' for it, as it were, and build a series of 'Disney Soarin' Theatres' in various spots across the country. Say shopping malls, for instance. Then they could put together a 15 minute film, and run it in all of the theatres, with start times every 20 minutes throughout the opening time of the mall location, or during peak hours and weekends. Assuming the 'theatre' held 100 people per showing, if the film ran all the time, or at peak times in the shopping mall, it could be quite an income producer. And it would be different from an Imax experience, simply because of the hang-glider seating...
I know, I know, keep it in the park, and I on one level of course agree with that. But it was kind of a fun idea despite that...:wave: Now be nice and please don't flame me ;)

BeachClubVillas

octoberbarry said:
We came out of Soarin' thinking that Disney should 'franchise' the ride, in other words, come up with an inexpensive 'template' for it, as it were, and build a series of 'Disney Soarin' Theatres' in various spots across the country. Say shopping malls, for instance. Then they could put together a 15 minute film, and run it in all of the theatres, with start times every 20 minutes throughout the opening time of the mall location, or during peak hours and weekends. Assuming the 'theatre' held 100 people per showing, if the film ran all the time, or at peak times in the shopping mall, it could be quite an income producer. And it would be different from an Imax experience, simply because of the hang-glider seating...
I know, I know, keep it in the park, and I on one level of course agree with that. But it was kind of a fun idea despite that...:wave: Now be nice and please don't flame me ;)

That's a good idea, but for me, it would ruin the experience. LIke the Rainforest Cafe. I avoid the one up here like the plague, but when I walk by it in the mall, it just doesn't feel right. That;s just me though

westie

We were fortunate enough to ride it in DCA with an imagineer who helped create it. He told us that originally the floor was to fill with water as to make the flight feel even more spectacular but, the amount of time it took to fill and drain didn't work with the ride. There should be an imagineer on every ride! And I like Calif. What other state can you drive from the chairlifts to the coast in 3 hours if at all?

Beuford

Original Poster
westie said:
What other state can you drive from the chairlifts to the coast in 3 hours if at all?

Maine, Oregon, Washington, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, you may not want to swim, but you can.:lol:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
octoberbarry said:

No. Just, no.

Major problems:
1) Taking money away from the parks
2) Upkeep costs
3) Would be hard to keep every one of these at Disney quality
4) Tried the franchise in cities thing with DisneyQuest, it crashed and burned.

and most importantly:
5) Ride system costs somewhere roughly $60m range to build. (Not including costs for the building) That means, at even $10 per person, you would need six million people to ride each one before you broke even. Not including the upkeep costs and the costs to pay employees.

Still think its a fun idea?

Connor002

dandaman said:
"Soarin' Over Canada" :lookaroun

Wow, snow, and a glacier, and some more snow, and look there's a moose, and more snow... Look! It's a city! Wait, no it's just more snow...

:lookaroun

dandaman

Connor002 said:
Look, a city! Wait, no it's just more snow...

Now that you mention it, I don't have Calgary in there... :lookaroun

I do have a bit of Detroit during the fireworks scene, though. :D

dandaman

It's just during the Freedom Festival fireworks on the Detroit River...

Yeah...it's called the "Freedom Festival", and includes both countries. Deal with it. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom