Soarin' Soft Opening Dates Announced (AP)

diddy_mouse

i hope Soarin' does well and i also hope that The Land pavillion turns out all neat 'n' pretty. :) i do look foward to Soarin', i've never been on an atrraction like it and it does peak my interest.

wannabeBelle

MCRRBA said:
Does this mean Soaring will be open to all guest the week of April 16th to the 23rd, or just AP holders?
If the AP Preview is from April 15-17th, these days will only be open to Passholders and yes they absolutely will check!!! I flew in for the preview of M:S and it was very tightly controlled. My pass was checked each and everytime ( In pouring rain in some instances!!) If the ride is in "soft openings" that means the ride MAY be open and may not. It would be open to the general public though. It is really very hit or miss with soft openings, but I Am sure we will hear some more info as the time growns closer. Id keep checking back to see what others are saying regarding that. Belle

CastleRock

I sure hope they have soft openings after the AP preview. We're leaving on the DCL that weekend and will be in the park the following weekend. I can't believe we'll just miss it!

Glasgow

With this being a cloned ride, I would hope that guest testing and soft openings would go more smoothly since the hardware and software for the ride have all been tested before.

imagineer99

I'm very excited for this ride (especially since I've never been to Disneyland or DCA.

Nevertheless, a WDW exclusive video would have been nice...

Can't wait to see "The Land" changes.:)

DisneyOhio

OK, is there any remote chance, for those of you who know pretty well, that The Land or Soarin' could be open the week before Easter? That's March 20th - March 25th. That would be so convenient because I'm taking a friend along who has never been before and it'd be cool to show him a soft opening on his first trip...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
DisneyOhio said:
OK, is there any remote chance, for those of you who know pretty well, that The Land or Soarin' could be open the week before Easter? That's March 20th - March 25th. That would be so convenient because I'm taking a friend along who has never been before and it'd be cool to show him a soft opening on his first trip...

Doubtful if AP preview is in April...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
DisneyOhio said:

Unfortunately not. The Land pavilion does not reopen until April 1 2005.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
*does a second round of the happy dance*

Soarin rocks!

bork

I've never seen an answer to this question.

We know Soarin' will have Fastpass, but will Living with the Land finally lose its unneeded Fastpass during the current rehab? I would think so. Having 2 Fastpass attractions in that pavillion would be a nightmare for traffic.

dxwwf3

bork said:
I've never seen an answer to this question.

We know Soarin' will have Fastpass, but will Living with the Land finally lose its unneeded Fastpass during the current rehab? I would think so. Having 2 Fastpass attractions in that pavillion would be a nightmare for traffic.

Good question and good point. If they bumped LWTL back up to full capacity (Rumor was that they lowered capacity to make a need for FastPass), would it still need FP? But at the same time will Soarin' bring enough extra crowds to where FP's will be needed at LWTL now more than ever?

brkgnews

Just Curious -- do the AP previews also allow in Florida residents with the Seasonal Passes (APs, but with blackout dates)? I've got a buddy who I'd like to join me for a preview, but he's a Fl-SP, rather than an AP.

wannabeBelle

Yes they qualify as well, just make sure that his pass is good for the dates of the preview itself and not in a blackout period!!! Judging from the info I have which is as follows:
December 18, 2004 - January 1, 2005
March 19, 2005 - April 1, 2005
June 11, 2005 - August 18, 2005
It looks good!!!!!! Belle

AEfx

Ooooh....I hope they announce some room discounts for the week starting the 17th. I'd really like to get a nice rate starting that day, and get to catch the tail end of the preview.

Any news on the stunt show doing passholder previews?

AEfx

auroraarielella

Non-passholder at soft opening?

Did anyone ever hear of a non-passholder getting in on a "soft" opening? My parents and my children are passholders, because they make several trips a year, but I just use park hoppers for when I can get away from work. We will be there on the weekend of April 15th. WIll I have to sit it out, or can I blend in with them??

wannabeBelle

auroraarielella said:
Did anyone ever hear of a non-passholder getting in on a "soft" opening? My parents and my children are passholders, because they make several trips a year, but I just use park hoppers for when I can get away from work. We will be there on the weekend of April 15th. WIll I have to sit it out, or can I blend in with them??
When I was there for the AP previews for M:S they were checking everyone in the group. They seemed to be pretty strict about it as well. Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom